Obama's Failed Economy- CPI- Down Most Since 2008

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
Nice job Barack Nonomicsbama

-Geaux

Dec 17 (Reuters) - U.S. consumer prices recorded their biggest drop in nearly six years in November as gasoline prices tumbled, but this probably will do little to change views the Federal Reserve will start raising interest rates in mid-2015.

The Labor Department said on Wednesday its Consumer Price Index fell 0.3 percent last month, the largest decline since December 2008, after being flat in October.

U.S. consumer inflation posts largest decline in six years Reuters

Yep! Like everyone else I measure the state of an economy by a one month negative 0.3% change in CPI that is mostly because of tumbling energy prices.

Good call.

Yep! Like everyone else I measure the state of an economy by a one month negative 0.3% change in CPI that is mostly because of tumbling energy prices.

Good call.

Key word- most likely..

Our economy should be able to sustain such cost reduction in energy, Not digress 6 years

-Geaux

Key word- most likely..
That is two words.

Regardless of your counting skills I have nothing but praise for your astute analysis that the gigantic complex economy can be simply labeled as "fail" due to the 0.3% drop in CPI in a single month when world energy prices fell sharply. I shall begin to pull all my dollars out of the failed economy and invest in one of the many successful economies across the globe right now.

Expect your commission check in the mail.

Key word- most likely..
That is two words.

Regardless of your counting skills I have nothing but praise for your astute analysis that the gigantic complex economy can be simply labeled as "fail" due to the 0.3% drop in CPI in a single month when world energy prices fell sharply. I shall begin to pull all my dollars out of the failed economy and invest in one of the many successful economies across the globe right now.

Expect your commission check in the mail.

Lets see what dog face Yellen thinks

-Geaux

----------------------------------

Great news: The prices consumers pay dropped 0.3% MoM in November - the biggest deflation since Dec 2008. Of course, The Fed will be in "considerable" panic mode at this data and may choose to crush the hope of so many that rate hikes are coming in mid-2015 as definitive evidence that the US economy is well on the road to recovery. Ex-Food-and-Energy, prices rose 1.7% YoY - slightly missing expectations of +1.8%. Of course, a big driver of this 'transitory' disinflation is a 10.5% YoY drop in Gasoline and 6.6% MoM drop in November. Despite this huge drop, and the promises of various talking heads, airfares rose 1.36% in November (after also rising 2.39% in October) - so much for the benefits to the consumer.

Consumer Prices Plunge Most Since Dec 2008 Zero Hedge

-Geaux

Dec 17 (Reuters) - U.S. consumer prices recorded their biggest drop in nearly six years in November as gasoline prices tumbled, but this probably will do little to change views the Federal Reserve will start raising interest rates in mid-2015.

The Labor Department said on Wednesday its Consumer Price Index fell 0.3 percent last month, the largest decline since December 2008, after being flat in October.

Geaux4it forgot to put the fact into context. Nothing new.

CPI since 2002.jpg

The dollar a gallon I am saving in gas will be spent on something else. :woohoo:

-Geaux

poor baby... doesn't understand that the drop In oil prices (which is not a bad thing) affects that number.

do try again when you learn something.

Lets see what dog face Yellen thinks
Oh I'm quite sure she'll follow your brilliant lead, take one look at this month's CPI number, and declare the United States a failed economy.

You can't contain genius.

Hey moron. Did you see what Yellen did today? Market up 2.5%. Gee, she's not so fast to want to raise rates now.

-Geaux

Hey moron. Did you see what Yellen did today? Market up 2.5%. Gee, she's not so fast to want to raise rates now.
Heh heh it is an honor to be called moron by someone who thinks a one month 0.3% drop in CPI when there is a crash in global oil prices indicates a failed economy.

Even if you can't count to two words, and can't accurately describe how much the market went up.... your thread is brilliant, absolutely brilliant!

Heh heh it is an honor to be called moron by someone who thinks a one month 0.3% drop in CPI when there is a crash in global oil prices indicates a failed economy.

Even if you can't count to two words, and can't accurately describe how much the market went up.... your thread is brilliant, absolutely brilliant!

I see. The leftie 'brilliant' mantra when facts escape them

Carry on

-Geaux

Yup you have the facts, and we all admire your astute observations. This one month 0.3% lowering of CPI is a sign of a failed economy, 2=1, and the market went up 2.5% today.

We are in awe of such amazing insight, please keep making more brilliant threads to keep us informed.

-Geaux

poor baby... doesn't understand that the drop In oil prices (which is not a bad thing) affects that number.

do try again when you learn something.
:thewave:

The dollar a gallon I am saving in gas will be spent on something else. :woohoo:
Offset that with the two dollars per gallon of gas we all threw away over the past six years as a result of obama green scam energy policy. Factor in the increase in the cost of all consumer goods as a result of all energy overhead increasing.
My calculations figure our economy has been deprived of $1.2 trillion annually in spending money.

Offset that with the two dollars per gallon of gas we all threw away over the past six years as a result of obama green scam energy policy. Factor in the increase in the cost of all consumer goods as a result of all energy overhead increasing.
My calculations figure our economy has been deprived of $1.2 trillion annually in spending money.

I blame Dick Chaney. He did not deliver fracking to us fast enough.

Forum List

Back