Obama Vows To Pursue Gun Control 'With Or Without Congress'...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
President Obama vowed on Tuesday night to pursue gun control “with or without Congress.”

In his State of the Union address, Obama referenced recent mass shootings and called for new gun laws. In the aftermath of mass shootings over the last several years, Obama and Democrats have unsuccessfully pushed for new gun control measures.

“Citizenship means standing up for the lives that gun violence steals from us each day,” Obama said.

“I have seen the courage of parents, students, pastors, and police officers all over this country who say ‘we are not afraid,’” he said, “and I intend to keep trying, with or without Congress, to help stop more tragedies from visiting innocent Americans in our movie theaters, shopping malls, or schools like Sandy Hook.”

After the speech, Republicans immediately took aim. ”He doesn’t have the constitutional authority to act unilaterally and pass legislation on gun control,” Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann told The Daily Caller. “He just doesn’t.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/01/28/o...ntrol-with-or-without-congress/#ixzz2roHYbvsM

Last edited by a moderator:
Many Americans will view this as a threat. It will not be received well. His Dictatorial approach has worn thin. He once again chose to divide the Nation. How unfortunate.

I was going to give the retards the benefit of the doubt and tell them if they spent a few minutes...thinking...they would be able to come up with some perfectly legal executive actions a President can take related to guns.

But I've been here too long, and seen too many of these asinine "bypass Congress" topics. So I know the retards are incapable of such a thing.

Last edited:
Not only are retards incapable of thinking of legal executive actions, they don't want to!

Their desire to believe the manufactured bullshit is just too strong.

So would you bozos like an example of a legal executive action relating to guns, or do you want to continue to believe retard Bachmann's lie that the President "doesn’t have the constitutional authority to act unilaterally" which the Daily Caller so willfully passed into your fragile minds?

President Obama vowed on Tuesday night to pursue gun control “with or without Congress.”

In his State of the Union address, Obama referenced recent mass shootings and called for new gun laws. In the aftermath of mass shootings over the last several years, Obama and Democrats have unsuccessfully pushed for new gun control measures.

“Citizenship means standing up for the lives that gun violence steals from us each day,” Obama said.

“I have seen the courage of parents, students, pastors, and police officers all over this country who say ‘we are not afraid,’” he said, “and I intend to keep trying, with or without Congress, to help stop more tragedies from visiting innocent Americans in our movie theaters, shopping malls, or schools like Sandy Hook.”

After the speech, Republicans immediately took aim. ”He doesn’t have the constitutional authority to act unilaterally and pass legislation on gun control,” Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann told The Daily Caller. “He just doesn’t.”

SOTU 2014: President Obama To Push GUN CONTROL Without Congress - YouTube

Read more: Obama vows to pursue gun control 'with or without Congress' | The Daily Caller

Where did he say he was going to pass legislation on gun control?

It's just such smug arrogance. More & more often he's openly issuing Dictatorial threats. It's unprecedented and very disturbing.

For those who are not rigidly partisan and infected with Obama Derangement Syndrome, here is a press release from a Republican Senator regarding an executive action which made it easier for guns to be kept out of the hands of the mentally ill:

U.S. Senator Kelly Ayotte (R-NH) released the following statement regarding the Administration's actions today to help states comply with the law requiring the submission of certain mental health records into the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS):

"I applaud the Administration's efforts today to make it easier for states to comply with the law requiring the submission of certain mental health records into the NICS system to ensure that those who are adjudicated dangerously mentally ill are prohibited from purchasing a firearm."

You see, there is a law, passed by the legislative branch, which directs mental health records to be entered into the background check system. It is up to the executive to write the specific rules regarding the execution of the laws. One can make the rules lax or one could make the rules more strict.

If a President makes the rules more strict, as Obama just did, he is not violating the Constitution in any way. He is executing the law passed by the legislature. But political hacks with an agenda call this "bypassing Congress" so the rubes will shit their pants and subscribe to their partisan missives for more manufactured bullshit.

I know this is not penetrating those who consume the Daily Pisser, but I hope this helps others who do not understand the minutia of how our government works and would like to know.

Last edited:
I predict a rise in gun sales.

One would think Alex Jones and the Daily Pisser and the other hack media figures were getting a kickback from the firearms industry to panic the herd every few months into buying more guns and ammo. :)

Pisses me off. The rubes are driving up prices and creating scarcities.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back