Obama & Trump, two men who did their jobs.

Because McConnell realizes it is Trump's Constitutional right to fill a USSC vacancy?

" Because McConnell realizes it is Trump's Constitutional right to fill a USSC vacancy? "

It was also Obamas Constitutional right, and he tried with Garland.

I have no problem with Trump NAMING someone, but NOT with starting a confirmation hearing before the election.

Start the Confirmation hearing in mid November, if he's the sure winner, vote to confirm in mid December.
I have no problem with however they decide to proceed. Be it now or later. Trumps shortlist is more than qualified so ultimately it's nothing more than a dog and pony show.

Because McConnell realizes it is Trump's Constitutional right to fill a USSC vacancy?

" Because McConnell realizes it is Trump's Constitutional right to fill a USSC vacancy? "

I have no problem with Trump NAMING someone, but NOT with starting a confirmation hearing before the election.

Start the Confirmation hearing in mid November, if he's the sure winner, vote to confirm in mid December.
So you have a problem with a president filling a vacancy during his term.....

Again, a President has as much Constitutional and legal right / authority to fill a vacancy on his 1st day as he does on his last.

Obama had the right with Garland....you said it. Trump has the right now.

Democrats are just using any reason ... and any hope / prayer ... another 'Conservative' judge is not appointed instead of one that legislated from the highest bench in the nation.

Democrats would not hesitate for 1 second to fill this seat. Why should Republicans gift them a consideration they would never afford the Republicans??

You make a very valid point. Politics is about power. If Obama held the Senate in 2016, is there any doubt that his S.C choice would have been appointed?

The more I consider this, and with Hillary openly saying to "NOT concede", Biden telling the world "we have 600 lawyers on this", isn't it a DEMAND by U.S citizens that you have a full S.C for the almost certain upcoming election legal battle?

You make a very valid point. Politics is about power. If Obama held the Senate in 2016, is there any doubt that his S.C choice would have been appointed?

The more I consider this, and with Hillary openly saying to "NOT concede", Biden telling the world "we have 600 lawyers on this", isn't it a DEMAND by U.S citizens that you have a full S.C for the almost certain upcoming election legal battle?

President Trump and the Republican Senate have a DUTY to fill this seat and protect the American people from the Democrats lawlessness and disregard for the will of the American people and 2016/2018 election results. The American people decided that Republicans should control the Senate and make these decisions. Dems don't have a leg to stand on.

Trump will exercise his ability and fullfil his duty to nominate a SCOTUS replacement JUST LIKE OBAMA DID.

For all the bickering that is about to engulf us over right vs wrong on this issue one thing remains clear.

Trump like Obama is simply doing his job.
You forgot a word. Let me fix it for you....Obama & Trump, two men who did their jobs POORLY.
Trump has more recorded, confirmed successes than any other President in DECADES, in some cases EVER.

Don't let your butt-hurt cloud your mind and rob you of reason / common sense.
Lol. You live in fantasyland.

His ridiculous deficit spending, alone proves my point. Of course, there are many other failures, but I thought cons were for reduced government. They must be liars since they support dumb Don.

Trump’s budget
The first budget that Trump proposed soon after taking office (FY2018) was $4.094 trillion, even though federal government receipts were projected to be only $3.654 trillion — resulting in a budget deficit of $440 billion. The actual deficit ended up being $779 billion. The budget deficits for fiscal years 2019, 2020, and 2021 were each around $1 trillion. For fiscal year 2021, Trump is proposing that the federal government spend $4.829 trillion, even though receipts are estimated to be only $3.863 trillion — again, resulting in a budget deficit of almost a trillion dollars. The national debt has increased by almost $4 trillion since Trump has been in office — and that was before the first American was diagnosed with the coronavirus. Yet, in the introduction to the president’s new budget (“A Budget for America’s Future”), it says, “The President has laid out a vision to drive down deficits and debt through spending restraint in every Budget he has submitted to the Congress.” The Trump administration’s budgets “have proposed more spending reductions than any other in history.” The fiscal year 2021 budget “continues to propose strategic reductions in spending.” I guess this is why Trump would have the federal government spend 21 percent more in fiscal year 2021 than when he took office.
Trump’s budget is fiscally irresponsible, full of unconstitutional spending proposals, interspersed with cuts to the projected rate of growth of spending increases that are not actual reductions in the amount of spending and it is based on unrealistic assumptions. It is filled with “savings” that will never materialize, reliant on rosy economic projections of economic growth, and dead on arrival like the budgets of most of his predecessors. Democrats should love it. It makes the bloated budgets of George W. Bush and Barack Obama look frugal. Why do Democrats hate President Trump so much when philosophically, he is one of them?
Why Do Democrats Hate Donald Trump So Much? – The Future of Freedom Foundation

Trump will exercise his ability and fullfil his duty to nominate a SCOTUS replacement JUST LIKE OBAMA DID.

For all the bickering that is about to engulf us over right vs wrong on this issue one thing remains clear.

You forgot a word. Let me fix it for you....Obama & Trump, two men who did their jobs POORLY.
Trump has more recorded, confirmed successes than any other President in DECADES, in some cases EVER.

His ridiculous deficit spending, alone proves my point. Of course, there are many other failures, but I thought cons were for reduced government. They must be liars since they support dumb Don.

Trump’s budget
The first budget that Trump proposed soon after taking office (FY2018) was $4.094 trillion, even though federal government receipts were projected to be only $3.654 trillion — resulting in a budget deficit of $440 billion. The actual deficit ended up being $779 billion. The budget deficits for fiscal years 2019, 2020, and 2021 were each around $1 trillion. For fiscal year 2021, Trump is proposing that the federal government spend $4.829 trillion, even though receipts are estimated to be only $3.863 trillion — again, resulting in a budget deficit of almost a trillion dollars. The national debt has increased by almost $4 trillion since Trump has been in office — and that was before the first American was diagnosed with the coronavirus. Yet, in the introduction to the president’s new budget (“A Budget for America’s Future”), it says, “The President has laid out a vision to drive down deficits and debt through spending restraint in every Budget he has submitted to the Congress.” The Trump administration’s budgets “have proposed more spending reductions than any other in history.” The fiscal year 2021 budget “continues to propose strategic reductions in spending.” I guess this is why Trump would have the federal government spend 21 percent more in fiscal year 2021 than when he took office.
Trump’s budget is fiscally irresponsible, full of unconstitutional spending proposals, interspersed with cuts to the projected rate of growth of spending increases that are not actual reductions in the amount of spending and it is based on unrealistic assumptions. It is filled with “savings” that will never materialize, reliant on rosy economic projections of economic growth, and dead on arrival like the budgets of most of his predecessors. Democrats should love it. It makes the bloated budgets of George W. Bush and Barack Obama look frugal. Why do Democrats hate President Trump so much when philosophically, he is one of them?
None of what you posted takes away from the fact that Trump accomplished things no president has in decades, in some cases EVER, more in 3 years than Barry did in 8.

Again, don't let your butt-hurt and emotion override fact and common sense.

Of course he will. It's McConnell that's about to show his ass. Trying to get a SC seat filled will be a sure sign the republicans have decided Trump is going to lose.
How so? A USSC vacancy during a sitting PRESIDENT'S term means that President has the right to fill it, whether it is on his 1st day or his last day.

That's not what Mitch McConnell said when Justice Alito died. He said you cannot fill a vacancy during an election year. He refused to even consider Obama's nomination to fill Justice Alito's seat. Lindsay Graham vowed that if a death happened this year, he would NEVER consider filling the seat and Graham said this knowing he would be the Chairman of the Judiciary Committee this term. So both McConnell and Graham have previously said it wouldn't be proper.

Now there physically no way of getting Senators back to Washington before the election to consider the nomination. If Trump loses this election, there will be NO WAY that Trump's nomination will go through. EVER.

Trump’s budget
These people were just kidding when they talked on and on about fiscal responsibility, limited government, conservative values and lower spending.

They've wanted an authoritarian strongman, all along. An old style, European strongman who will use any means necessary to get what he wants.

They fooled us. We need to admit it.

Trump’s budget
These people were just kidding when they talked on and on about fiscal responsibility, limited government, conservative values and lower spending.

They've wanted an authoritarian strongman, all along. An old style, European strongman who will use any means necessary to get what he wants.

Hysterical NONSENSE

The authoritarians reside in all the cities and states controlled by DEMOCRATS that are rulling their people with iron fisted lockdowns.

Trump’s budget

....as Pelosi stalls relief aide to get trillions for Democrat agenda items and projects....

:p

Trump’s budget

Hysterical NONSENSE

The authoritarians reside in all the cities and states controlled by DEMOCRATS that are rulling their people with iron fisted lockdowns.
I know, I know.

Trump’s budget

Hysterical NONSENSE

I know, I know.
Of course you know.

It boggles the mind how some can ignore actual authoritarian actions that are literally destroying some cities & businesses

Trump’s budget
None of what you posted takes away from the fact that Trump accomplished things no president has in decades, in some cases EVER, more in 3 years than Barry did in 8.

Trump has done nothing but bring death, disease, debt and chaos to the country. It will take generations for the country to recover and rebuild. Every problem he focussed on - from crime, border crossings, the deficit, the balance of trade, the environment, all got worse.

The country is in the worst shape in its history under Trump's leadership. You and your buddy Putin must be so pleased.

Of course he will. It's McConnell that's about to show his ass. Trying to get a SC seat filled will be a sure sign the republicans have decided Trump is going to lose.
How so? A USSC vacancy during a sitting PRESIDENT'S term means that President has the right to fill it, whether it is on his 1st day or his last day.

That's not what Mitch McConnell said when Justice Alito died. He said you cannot fill a vacancy during an election year. He refused to even consider Obama's nomination to fill Justice Alito's seat. Lindsay Graham vowed that if a death happened this year, he would NEVER consider filling the seat and Graham said this knowing he would be the Chairman of the Judiciary Committee this term. So both McConnell and Graham have previously said it wouldn't be proper.

Now there physically no way of getting Senators back to Washington before the election to consider the nomination. If Trump loses this election, there will be NO WAY that Trump's nomination will go through. EVER.
Now there physically no way of getting Senators back to Washington before the election to consider the nomination.

Do they not have airplanes in Canada?

"Elections have consequences"-Barry Hussein Obama.

Trump’s budget

Trump has done nothing but bring death, disease, debt and chaos to the country. It will take generations for the country to recover and rebuild. Every problem he focussed on - from crime, border crossings, the deficit, the balance of trade, the environment, all got worse.

The country is in the worst shape in its history under Trump's leadership. You and your buddy Putin must be so pleased.
The country is in the worst shape in its history under Trump's leadership.

Once again you demonstrate your colossal ignorance of the history of the United States.

Why don't you just STFU and worry about your shithole country.

Trump’s budget

Hysterical NONSENSE

I know, I know.
Are you suggesting the two parties are working together?

Forum List

Back