Obama spending binge never happened

Thanks, your graph just proved what has been stated. Your hockey stick starts in 2011 and is based on a projection that includes massive increases in SS and Medicare spending that is currently out of Obama's control. What it does show though, is that Obama has hardly increased spending at all since he took office.

I can send you the name of a good optometrist. Of course that won't help much if you don't take the partisan blinders off...

What the graph shows is that massive increases coincide exactly with Obama stumbling into office.

Use a protractor and mark January 20, 2009 with the label "Incompetent boob starts here" then measure the angle of the graph going up, on either side of the point.

Get the picture?

Look, I know you're in a panic, your guy is a colossal fuckup. But do you really think telling the American people that the $5 trillion in increased debt incurred by Obama is someone else's fault will get your Messiah® reelected?

Really?

Not really my Messiah, but I'm not too concerned. I am sorry that you are incapable of reading a simple graph, but thanks for playing too. Really, listening to some of you is much more entertaining than the Sunday funnies.

So, we had a massive real estate bubble that kept the economy artificially inflated during the majority if the previous administration. During this time, Bush lowered revenue (taxes) and started two costly wars.

Then in 2007-2008 the bubble crashed, hard, just like the bubble that burst in 1929.

As a result, GDP fell in 2009. It recovered afterwards, but trillions of dollars disappeared overnight.

Which means, since spending continued to increase even though it wasn't by a large margin, the ratio of spending to GDP increased by a drastic margin.

Therefore, the problem isn't one of drastically increased spending, but of drastically reduced revenue.

Here's the irony. The fact remains true that under Obama, we've had the lowest growth in Federal spending since the 1950s. Our problem remains that we had eight years of spending, like drunk sailors, under Bush.

What's really fucked up about the right, is Romney is selling himself at doing the same idiotic things, and the wingnuts are buying it.
Again you forget it was the democrats with a junior senator obama who were in control of congress when Bush was president.

Lying skank. Obama wasn't in the Senate when Bush passed a law to cut taxes for the top 1%, and finance it with debt. Why the lies?

Again idiot... why do you refuse to post ALL the income levels that received the tax cut??

Bush can be blamed for increasing spending irresponsibly when taxes were cut... government spending and size should have been cut then, just as it should be massively cut now

I don't think he actually believes that BS either, he just thinks we're stupid enough to swallow it.

I am just curious how someone can know that revenue is down over 30% and say that it is not a problem. Now you can argue that we also have a spending problem, and you have a point, because it is not all a revenue problem. Down the road that will become even a bigger problem, but currently, the bulk of our problem is a revenue problem, and while you know this to be true, you just blatantly deny it. It's laughable, and it's the reason people like you cannot be taken seriously.

Look at the numbers again...

Spending is growing out of control up and up.. we do not have a revenue problem at all.. we bring in more than enough to fund a government that would be within the size and scope needed...

Historical Federal Receipt and Outlay Summary

Not really my Messiah,

Right....

but I'm not too concerned.

Sure, lying about the economy is just a hobby, it's not meant to deceive the public into thinking Obama is a less of a fuckup..

I am sorry that you are incapable of reading a simple graph, but thanks for playing too. Really, listening to some of you is much more entertaining than the Sunday funnies.

I'm sorry that you are incapable of grasping even the most rudimentary of concepts. Your little tin god has had the office for 3 1/2 years, it's his, as are the failures of that office.

No matter how you try, you can't make the fact that Obama is the worst president in the last hundred years the fault of Bush.

Another right wing lie debunked.

Commentary: Government outlays rising at slowest pace since 1950s

Of all the falsehoods told about President Barack Obama, the biggest whopper is the one about his reckless spending spree.

As would-be president Mitt Romney tells it: “I will lead us out of this debt and spending inferno.”

Almost everyone believes that Obama has presided over a massive increase in federal spending, an “inferno” of spending that threatens our jobs, our businesses and our children’s future. Even Democrats seem to think it’s true.

But it didn’t happen. Although there was a big stimulus bill under Obama, federal spending is rising at the slowest pace since Dwight Eisenhower brought the Korean War to an end in the 1950s.

MW-AR658_spendi_20120521163312_ME.jpg

From your hero:

"I don't want to tax people. I would love if we could just say, "You know what? Nobody pays taxes. Tax holiday for everybody." I would love to do that.

The problem is, is that the way Bush has done it over the last eight years is to take out a credit card from the Bank of China in the name of our children, driving up our national debt from $5 trillion for the first 42 presidents -- number 43 added $4 trillion by his lonesome, so that we now have over $9 trillion of debt that we are going to have to pay back -- $30,000 for every man, woman and child.

That's irresponsible. It's unpatriotic."

But yet O bowed and added another 5 trillion in 4 years. Now we have almost 16 trillion in debt. So, are we to deduce that 5 trillion under Bush is bad and 5 trillion under O in half the time is good? Its deplorable but go ahead and keep those shades on.

Last edited:

Of all the falsehoods told about President Barack Obama, the biggest whopper is the one about his reckless spending spree.

As would-be president Mitt Romney tells it: “I will lead us out of this debt and spending inferno.”

Almost everyone believes that Obama has presided over a massive increase in federal spending, an “inferno” of spending that threatens our jobs, our businesses and our children’s future. Even Democrats seem to think it’s true.

But it didn’t happen. Although there was a big stimulus bill under Obama, federal spending is rising at the slowest pace since Dwight Eisenhower brought the Korean War to an end in the 1950s.

From your hero:

"I don't want to tax people. I would love if we could just say, "You know what? Nobody pays taxes. Tax holiday for everybody." I would love to do that.

The problem is, is that the way Bush has done it over the last eight years is to take out a credit card from the Bank of China in the name of our children, driving up our national debt from $5 trillion for the first 42 presidents -- number 43 added $4 trillion by his lonesome, so that we now have over $9 trillion of debt that we are going to have to pay back -- $30,000 for every man, woman and child.

That's irresponsible. It's unpatriotic."

But yet O bowed and added another 5 trillion in 4 years. Now we have almost 16 trillion in debt. Keep those shades on.

Not according to Dickless, the Holocaust Denier. Never happened.

No he didn't. He spent more.

Exactly.

I have an electric bill. Next year, I will have to pay that bill each month. But only an idiot would say that the bill was accrued from this year. Only an idiot would claim that I can have no impact on that bill, particularly if times are tough.

Standard Disclaimer: I think I just convinced myself that democrats are idiots.

No he didn't. He spent more.

Exactly.

I have an electric bill. Next year, I will have to pay that bill each month. But only an idiot would say that the bill was accrued from this year. Only an idiot would claim that I can have no impact on that bill, particularly if times are tough.

Standard Disclaimer: I think I just convinced myself that democrats are idiots.

There's no logic to their ineptitude.

Obama spent more than any president since the great depression!

usgs_line.php

Another liar who's too dumb to know the difference between discretionary and nondiscretionary spending. Keep living the lie.

Keep moving the goal post for your idiot-n-chief.

It's not a goalpost thing..it's a math thing.

Much of the "spending" done during the Obama administration..was to pay off debt that was already accrued in the previous administration.

The Constitution binds the government to do that. You can defer payments..as Bush did when he put two wars on the "Supplementary Emergency Spending" track. You cannot completely eliminate the debt that was acquired during that time.

At some point..that obligation must be met.

Another liar who's too dumb to know the difference between discretionary and nondiscretionary spending. Keep living the lie.

Much of the "spending" done during the Obama administration..was to pay off debt that was already accrued in the previous administration.

The Constitution binds the government to do that. You can defer payments..as Bush did when he put two wars on the "Supplementary Emergency Spending" track. You cannot completely eliminate the debt that was acquired during that time.

Talk about weird math. O inherits 10T in debt and his tab is now 16T but he paid if off?! The only obligations that we're meeting is interest payments.

Last edited:

Like the two wars that the previous administration failed to put into the budget.

So, Mr. Dumbfuck, you figure it's a math thing? Bush had $10 trillion in debt - Obama paid a bunch of it off, and ended up with $16 trillion in debt.

Because in Dumbfuck land, 10-5=16...

It's a math thing...

ROFL

Not even YOU are this fucking stupid. You ARE this dishonest, though.

Well, yes, if you start with fiscal year 2010, everything looks great in terms of increased spending. Given that 2009 spending increased by 20% (to deal with the financial crisis), staying level from there is easy. Don't forget, the 2009 budget was signed by Obama in March of 2009; spending before that for fiscal 2009 was by continuing resolution, based on the prior year. But that wasn't intended to be the "new normal". And he is spending at unprecedented levels of GDP:

052312spending2.jpg

As the chart indicates, Nutting arrives at that 1.4% number by assigning 2009—when spending surged nearly 20%—to George W. Bush: “The 2009 fiscal year, which Republicans count as part of Obama’s legacy, began four months before Obama moved into the White House. The major spending decisions in the 2009 fiscal year were made by George W. Bush and the previous Congress. Like a relief pitcher who comes into the game with the bases loaded, Obama came in with a budget in place that called for spending to increase by hundreds of billions of dollars in response to the worst economic and financial calamity in generations.”
Let me complete the metaphor for Nutting: “Then as those runners scored, Obama kept putting more on base.”
Obama chose not to reverse that elevated level of spending; thus he, along with congressional Democrats, are responsible for it. Only by establishing 2009 as the new baseline, something Republican budget hawks like Paul Ryan feared would happen, does Obama come off looking like a tightwad. Obama has turned a one-off surge in spending due to the Great Recession into his permanent New Normal through 2016 and beyond.
It’s as if one of my teenagers crashed our family minivan, and I had to buy a new one. And then, since I liked that new car smell so much, I decided to buy a new van every year for the rest of my life. I would indeed be a reckless spender.
Actually, the Obama spending binge really did happen « The Enterprise Blog

Forum List

Back