Obama-Proposed Gas Tax

A proposal like this would never make it through Congress and he knows it. This is just pandering to his far left kook base.

A proposal like this would never make it through Congress and he knows it. This is just pandering to his far left kook base.
lets see, it will be added into some other bill as a rider, then when the republicans cut that part out, obama will veto the remaining bill while threatening to shut down the government. The government will shut, people will naturally be told to blame the republicans, the republicans will fold and obama gets his tax hike.
See how that works?

lets see, it will be added into some other bill as a rider, then when the republicans cut that part out, obama will veto the remaining bill while threatening to shut down the government. The government will shut, people will naturally be told to blame the republicans, the republicans will fold and obama gets his tax hike.
See how that works?

No, because nothing you are proposing will ever happen. That's how it will work.

Do we need to talk about Obama’s $10-per-barrel oil tax proposal?

'Obama aides told POLITICO that when he releases his final budget request next week, the president will propose more than $300 billion worth of investments over the next decade in mass transit, high-speed rail, self-driving cars, and other transportation approaches designed to reduce carbon emissions and congestion. To pay for it all, Obama will call for a $10 “fee” on every barrel of oil, a surcharge that would be paid by oil companies but would presumably be passed along to consumers.

There is no real chance that the Republican-controlled Congress will embrace Obama’s grand vision of climate-friendly mobility in an election year—especially after passing a long-stalled bipartisan highway bill just last year—and his aides acknowledge it’s mostly an effort to jump-start a conversation about the future of transportation. But by raising the specter of new taxes on fossil fuels, it could create a political quandary for Democrats. The fee could add as much as 25 cents a gallon to the cost of gasoline, and even with petroleum prices at historic lows, the proposal could be particularly awkward for Hillary Clinton, who has embraced most of Obama’s policies but has also vowed to oppose any tax hikes on families earning less than $250,000 a year.'

LINK: Do we need to talk about Obama’s $10-per-barrel oil tax proposal?
Somebody should put a meter on Obama's ass. He could propel the nation for a hundred years.

Bad idea but they been trying to tax everything they can to pay their special interest projects and cronies.
What a pile of crap. Did you notice our infrastructure is falling apart under idiotic Reaganism? Your town could be Flint any day now, cars get thousands of dollars of damage from potholes, our airports and ports etc etc are a joke compared to other modern countries. Brainwashed functional morons...

If the deadbeat moochers got off their fat lard asses and worked you would have money for infrastructure.
Brainwashed blame the poor...The USA is the only modern country in the world where full time workers live in poverty and have no health care (750k bankruptcies a year, most HAVE insurance - crap insurance!)After 30 years of Voodoo: worst min. wage, work conditions, illegal work safeguards, vacations, work week, college costs, rich/poor gap, upward social mobility, % homeless and in prison EVAH, and in the modern world!! And you complain about the victims? Are you an idiot or an A-hole?:cuckoo:

Ever been to Europe? Their middle class is worse off than our poor!

Bad idea but they been trying to tax everything they can to pay their special interest projects and cronies.
What a pile of crap. Did you notice our infrastructure is falling apart under idiotic Reaganism? Your town could be Flint any day now, cars get thousands of dollars of damage from potholes, our airports and ports etc etc are a joke compared to other modern countries. Brainwashed functional morons...

If the deadbeat moochers got off their fat lard asses and worked you would have money for infrastructure.
Brainwashed blame the poor...The USA is the only modern country in the world where full time workers live in poverty and have no health care (750k bankruptcies a year, most HAVE insurance - crap insurance!)After 30 years of Voodoo: worst min. wage, work conditions, illegal work safeguards, vacations, work week, college costs, rich/poor gap, upward social mobility, % homeless and in prison EVAH, and in the modern world!! And you complain about the victims? Are you an idiot or an A-hole?:cuckoo:

thats just because of taxes to pay for their health care. but hey, at least the have health care right?

thats just because of taxes to pay for their health care. but hey, at least the have health care right?

In Naples Italy, while I was in the Navy, the joke was that we didn't need to take out our boats ashore if we could figure out a way to walk on the thousands upon thousands of condoms floating in the sewage that passed for their harbor.

In Naples Italy, while I was in the Navy, the joke was that we didn't need to take out our boats ashore if we could figure out a way to walk on the thousands upon thousands of condoms floating in the sewage that passed for their harbor.
ewwwwww

Nothing stopping them from moving to North Korea and living the government dependent dream.

No more taxes asshole. You thieves steal enough of my check.

You a 2 Time Scrub Voter?

After he turned surpluses into deficits, how did you communicate your dismay?

Don't tell me.....

"4 MORE YEARS!"

would that be about right?

did you sleep through 9/11?

Do you realize that Scrub, after telling us what he was "not that concerned" about Usama, admitted that Iraqnam had NOTHING to do with 9/11?

Did I say that I agreed with going into Iraq? No. Did I say that I agreed with everything that Bush did? no.

so once again, GFY.

So are you arguing that 9/11 was the cause of the deficits?

Do we need to talk about Obama’s $10-per-barrel oil tax proposal?

'Obama aides told POLITICO that when he releases his final budget request next week, the president will propose more than $300 billion worth of investments over the next decade in mass transit, high-speed rail, self-driving cars, and other transportation approaches designed to reduce carbon emissions and congestion. To pay for it all, Obama will call for a $10 “fee” on every barrel of oil, a surcharge that would be paid by oil companies but would presumably be passed along to consumers.

There is no real chance that the Republican-controlled Congress will embrace Obama’s grand vision of climate-friendly mobility in an election year—especially after passing a long-stalled bipartisan highway bill just last year—and his aides acknowledge it’s mostly an effort to jump-start a conversation about the future of transportation. But by raising the specter of new taxes on fossil fuels, it could create a political quandary for Democrats. The fee could add as much as 25 cents a gallon to the cost of gasoline, and even with petroleum prices at historic lows, the proposal could be particularly awkward for Hillary Clinton, who has embraced most of Obama’s policies but has also vowed to oppose any tax hikes on families earning less than $250,000 a year.'

LINK: Do we need to talk about Obama’s $10-per-barrel oil tax proposal?

I say no to the idea, and in another thread I pointed out that Texas drive pays thirty-eight cents a gallon just in taxes and he want it to go over sixty cents in taxes per gallon?

So right now I drive a truck that has a twenty-four gallon tank and let round up to forty cents a gallon for taxes and that is $9.60 in taxes for me per tank and now he want me to pay $14.40 in taxes per tank?

I also fill up twice a week because of my travel so that would be $28.80 per week in taxes and that is $1497.60 in taxes per year he want me to pay on top of other taxes?

No thank you...

Those roads you drive on......do they require any kind of maintenance?
Repairing them requires construction workers. Which have been going through broad across the board layoffs.

Oh well..

So you oppose putting them back to work? Or are you implying that they have all been turned into Soylent Green?

that is what the original state gas taxes were for, but the mingled into general and now claim they don't have any. But the illegals get many free burrito.

State's bear only part of the burden of servicing and/or expanding interstate highways......

Bull squeezings!

Admiral,

I can appreciate how this may not apply to the goat trails in your holler.....but in the world of horseless carriages...

Big projects slated to start in 2012, that are waiting on Congress, include the Exit 2 interchange in Salem, southbound road work near Exit 3, and Route 111 relocation in Windham. Combined, the projects are estimated at $84 million.

"These projects are on hold until a long-term federal funding reauthorization bill for highway construction is more certain," Stamnas said. "These projects are ready to advertise for construction once the funding issue is resolved."

Massive I-93 widening is on track

You read about this somewhere, didn't you.....

Not exactly. I have been to England, Scotland, Spain, France, Monaco, Italy, Greece, and Turkey. Their middle class survives on far less of a standard of living than our poor subsisting on welfare. You want to see real poverty, go to Egypt or the West Bank areas.

that is what the original state gas taxes were for, but the mingled into general and now claim they don't have any. But the illegals get many free burrito.

State's bear only part of the burden of servicing and/or expanding interstate highways......

Bull squeezings!

Admiral,

I can appreciate how this may not apply to the goat trails in your holler.....but in the world of horseless carriages...

Big projects slated to start in 2012, that are waiting on Congress, include the Exit 2 interchange in Salem, southbound road work near Exit 3, and Route 111 relocation in Windham. Combined, the projects are estimated at $84 million.

"These projects are on hold until a long-term federal funding reauthorization bill for highway construction is more certain," Stamnas said. "These projects are ready to advertise for construction once the funding issue is resolved."

Massive I-93 widening is on track

Let me explain to you the difference in the words "construction" and "maintenance", dumb ass!

Never mind! You are obviously too stupid to understand such advanced concepts since liberalism rotted your brain.

The ignore function is just too easy to use!

Not exactly. I have been to England, Scotland, Spain, France, Monaco, Italy, Greece, and Turkey. Their middle class survives on far less of a standard of living than our poor subsisting on welfare. You want to see real poverty, go to Egypt or the West Bank areas.
You appear to know nothing about welfare...

You appear to not know much about anything judging by the content of your posts. Are you trying for a merit badge in getting your backside handed to you?

You appear to not know much about anything judging by the content of your posts. Are you trying for a merit badge in getting your backside handed to you?
NOBODY wants to be on welfare, hater dupe.

Forum List

Back