Obama-Proposed Gas Tax

Ever been to Europe? Their middle class is worse off than our poor!

You read about this somewhere, didn't you.....

Not exactly. I have been to England, Scotland, Spain, France, Monaco, Italy, Greece, and Turkey. Their middle class survives on far less of a standard of living than our poor subsisting on welfare. You want to see real poverty, go to Egypt or the West Bank areas.
You appear to know nothing about welfare...

You appear to not know much about anything judging by the content of your posts. Are you trying for a merit badge in getting your backside handed to you?
NOBODY wants to be on welfare, hater dupe.

Please quote where I said anything of the sort, lib!

Not exactly. I have been to England, Scotland, Spain, France, Monaco, Italy, Greece, and Turkey. Their middle class survives on far less of a standard of living than our poor subsisting on welfare. You want to see real poverty, go to Egypt or the West Bank areas.

You appear to not know much about anything judging by the content of your posts. Are you trying for a merit badge in getting your backside handed to you?

Well, you said they're better off than the EU middle class lol...

Well, you said they're better off than the EU middle class lol...

So, thank you for admitting you were lying! Maybe you should give lessons to other libs!

However there are a bunch of people who think they should be paid just for being mothers. They don't care what you call it. They think they should be able to stay home and raise their kids without getting a job to pay the bills or a man around the house to do so either. They think society owes them a living for popping out babies.

I deliver Medicaid patients to their doctor appointments. I know first hand these girls who demand the best service even though the government is paying for it.

However there are a bunch of people who think they should be paid just for being mothers. They don't care what you call it. They think they should be able to stay home and raise their kids without getting a job to pay the bills or a man around the house to do so either. They think society owes them a living for popping out babies.

I deliver Medicaid patients to their doctor appointments. I know first hand these girls who demand the best service even though the government is paying for it.
Now they get free BC and you will see their numbers going down. TY Obama.

Brainwashed blame the poor...The USA is the only modern country in the world where full time workers live in poverty and have no health care (750k bankruptcies a year, most HAVE insurance - crap insurance!)After 30 years of Voodoo: worst min. wage, work conditions, illegal work safeguards, vacations, work week, college costs, rich/poor gap, upward social mobility, % homeless and in prison EVAH, and in the modern world!! And you complain about the victims? Are you an idiot or an A-hole?:cuckoo:

^^^ Winner!!

No more taxes asshole. You thieves steal enough of my check.

You a 2 Time Scrub Voter?

After he turned surpluses into deficits, how did you communicate your dismay?

Don't tell me.....

"4 MORE YEARS!"

would that be about right?

did you sleep through 9/11?

Do you realize that Scrub, after telling us what he was "not that concerned" about Usama, admitted that Iraqnam had NOTHING to do with 9/11?

Did I say that I agreed with going into Iraq? No. Did I say that I agreed with everything that Bush did? no.

so once again, GFY.

So are you arguing that 9/11 was the cause of the deficits?

No, liberal spending policies from both parties have caused the debt. Annually spending more than was collected is the cause of annual deficits. At least try to use the terms correctly.

The old EU middle class is paid as much as ours with 6 week vacations, great free HC, 11euro min wage, great day care good roads. etc etc

Wrong. And their homes are much smaller.
Their homes are smaller and last longer than 50 years.

Yes, I'm sure their tiny houses last a very long time.

They do.......grew up there....spent time in residences predating the Revolution....they are not unusual.....

Don't tell me.....

"4 MORE YEARS!"

Do you realize that Scrub, after telling us what he was "not that concerned" about Usama, admitted that Iraqnam had NOTHING to do with 9/11?

Did I say that I agreed with going into Iraq? No. Did I say that I agreed with everything that Bush did? no.

so once again, GFY.

No, liberal spending policies from both parties have caused the debt. Annually spending more than was collected is the cause of annual deficits. At least try to use the terms correctly.

So what was the point of your reference to 9/11?

The old EU middle class is paid as much as ours with 6 week vacations, great free HC, 11euro min wage, great day care good roads. etc etc

They do.......grew up there....spent time in residences predating the Revolution....they are not unusual.....

Yeah, tiny houses are awesome.

Tiny is relative.......consider the size of those in which "the Greatest Generation" was raised....you could also check out the current national fad of "tiny houses" or small apartments....when the kid goes off to college, I'm cutting my living area by 65% or more......

Tiny is relative.......consider the size of those in which "the Greatest Generation" was raised....you could also check out the current national fad of "tiny houses" or small apartments....when the kid goes off to college, I'm cutting my living area by 65% or more......

Yes, they have tiny houses, tiny cars and tiny appliances.
It's almost as though they can't afford to buy more.

Do we need to talk about Obama’s $10-per-barrel oil tax proposal?

'Obama aides told POLITICO that when he releases his final budget request next week, the president will propose more than $300 billion worth of investments over the next decade in mass transit, high-speed rail, self-driving cars, and other transportation approaches designed to reduce carbon emissions and congestion. To pay for it all, Obama will call for a $10 “fee” on every barrel of oil, a surcharge that would be paid by oil companies but would presumably be passed along to consumers.

There is no real chance that the Republican-controlled Congress will embrace Obama’s grand vision of climate-friendly mobility in an election year—especially after passing a long-stalled bipartisan highway bill just last year—and his aides acknowledge it’s mostly an effort to jump-start a conversation about the future of transportation. But by raising the specter of new taxes on fossil fuels, it could create a political quandary for Democrats. The fee could add as much as 25 cents a gallon to the cost of gasoline, and even with petroleum prices at historic lows, the proposal could be particularly awkward for Hillary Clinton, who has embraced most of Obama’s policies but has also vowed to oppose any tax hikes on families earning less than $250,000 a year.'

LINK: Do we need to talk about Obama’s $10-per-barrel oil tax proposal?

Okay... so liberals constantly whine about the poor "little guy" and any time someone mentions those who pay no income tax, we are reminded the poor pay taxes for gas and sales taxes, etc. But now... suddenly.... a gasoline tax doesn't hurt the "little guy" and it's perfectly acceptable to raise the price of gas by 25 cents per gallon.

This policy will hurt the poor and working class more than any other tax increase. The OP mentions Hillary's promise not to raise taxes on families earning less than $250k... what about OBAMA'S SAME PROMISE? :dunno:

Don't tell me.....

"4 MORE YEARS!"

so once again, GFY.

Sure, Red......So why don't you post the annual growth rate of federal spending under Carter, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II, and Obama....

Then post the growth rates in federal receipts for each....

No effluvium, just the numbers.......we'll figure out which are larger and which are smaller....

Then we can test your "liberal spending" hypothesis....

Yes, they have tiny houses, tiny cars and tiny appliances.
It's almost as though they can't afford to buy more.

I've driven a Suburban, and now I drive a GTI.........wouldn't go back to the former for love or money......

Do we need to talk about Obama’s $10-per-barrel oil tax proposal?

'Obama aides told POLITICO that when he releases his final budget request next week, the president will propose more than $300 billion worth of investments over the next decade in mass transit, high-speed rail, self-driving cars, and other transportation approaches designed to reduce carbon emissions and congestion. To pay for it all, Obama will call for a $10 “fee” on every barrel of oil, a surcharge that would be paid by oil companies but would presumably be passed along to consumers.

There is no real chance that the Republican-controlled Congress will embrace Obama’s grand vision of climate-friendly mobility in an election year—especially after passing a long-stalled bipartisan highway bill just last year—and his aides acknowledge it’s mostly an effort to jump-start a conversation about the future of transportation. But by raising the specter of new taxes on fossil fuels, it could create a political quandary for Democrats. The fee could add as much as 25 cents a gallon to the cost of gasoline, and even with petroleum prices at historic lows, the proposal could be particularly awkward for Hillary Clinton, who has embraced most of Obama’s policies but has also vowed to oppose any tax hikes on families earning less than $250,000 a year.'

LINK: Do we need to talk about Obama’s $10-per-barrel oil tax proposal?
Why just focus on gasoline?

Crude oil is also used to manufacture of artificial limbs and heart valves, life jackets, asphalt, safety glasses, lead-free water pipes, clothing, refrigerators, a plethora of life-saving medicines and medical supplies, solar panels, windmills, insulated windows and that thing you are looking at RIGHT NOW!

Forum List

Back