Obama:"I'd like higher gas prices'.. Well Bud.. YOU got your wish!

Gas prices skyrocketed under Bush because of his hamhanded aggressiveness in the Middle East. Once Obama corrected the GOP mistake of the Iraq War, the prices went back down.

If they don't go back down to where they were under Clinton, too bad. The Chinese are in the market now more than ever, and aren't going away. And American's aren't helping their cause either by buying trucks and SUVs too big for their needs, raising speed limits and then exceeding them, and living fifty miles from work. You only have yourselves to blame.

:lmao: The Chinese have "been in the market" since the early 1900's you ignorant tool... :lmao:

In fact, as early as 1931 China began manufacturing automobiles themsleves...

Holy hell are you a fat, ignorant, Velveta cheese eating Dumbocrat... :lol:

Their role in the market pales in comparison to what it is now, hence the higher prices today.

And what do American conservatives do to make things worse? Drive fast, increase speed limits, buy huge swollen cars & trucks, live fifty miles from work, demand we threaten war in the middle east again & again.......and then have the nerve to wonder why gasoline is so high

Want lower gas prices? Drive slower, drive shorter commutes, buy smaller more full efficient cars, leave Iran, Iraq, etc the f___ alone. These will work.

There hasn't been a new refinery built in the US in over 30 years. Ethanol in gasoline is not as fuel efficient and thus requires more gas burned for the same results (when the ethanol rich fuel isn't actively destroying engine parts in the process). Blame the EPA and DoT for those. If you want to contact the guy who is in charge of those agencies, his mailing address is 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

Gas prices skyrocketed under Bush because of his hamhanded aggressiveness in the Middle East. Once Obama corrected the GOP mistake of the Iraq War, the prices went back down.

If they don't go back down to where they were under Clinton, too bad. The Chinese are in the market now more than ever, and aren't going away. And American's aren't helping their cause either by buying trucks and SUVs too big for their needs, raising speed limits and then exceeding them, and living fifty miles from work. You only have yourselves to blame.

:lmao: The Chinese have "been in the market" since the early 1900's you ignorant tool... :lmao:

Their role in the market pales in comparison to what it is now, hence the higher prices today.

And what do American conservatives do to make things worse? Drive fast, increase speed limits, buy huge swollen cars & trucks, live fifty miles from work, demand we threaten war in the middle east again & again.......and then have the nerve to wonder why gasoline is so high

Want lower gas prices? Drive slower, drive shorter commutes, buy smaller more full efficient cars, leave Iran, Iraq, etc the f___ alone. These will work.

Last I checked it was Obama who is stark-raving-mad about invading Syria. And last time I checked, it was a conservative-controlled Congress which voted to tell Obama to sit down and shut the fuck up about Syria.

By the way - all of you and your pals claimed that Bush "invaded Iraq for the oil". So by your outrageous claims, gas should be about $0.25 per gallon right now. Do you care to attempt a new spin on the "Bush invaded Iraq for oil" narrative or will you be the first liberal to actually admit they were wrong?

I eagerly await your response :)

I have yet to read any comment regarding these real facts... so I am repeating them

Oil and Gas Statistics

From 2001 to 2008 Bush approved 23,569 leases or an average of 2,946 leases per year
From 2009 to 2012 Obama approved 7,297 leases or an average of 1,824 leases per year!

More then 60% less in Federal approved oil leases by Obama then what Bush did.
Simple economics of market supply states you increase the supply you lower the price.

It takes about 3 to 5 years from letting a lease to production.
Those leases Bush approved have been in production BUT..
Obama's reducing new leases means there will be less oil from Federal land and therefore higher prices!
Simple as that!

Bush approved all that, and prices still went up over four bucks a gallon at one point during his failed Presidency?

Wow, he didn't do much of anything right during his flop of a Presidency, did he? Increases oil & gas leases, prices go up. Invades Iraq, terrorism goes up, cuts taxes and regulations, economy crashes.

No wonder his record helped the Dems win the WH twice in row, and will put Hillary in the WH in 2016. Deal with it.

Last I checked it was Obama who is stark-raving-mad about invading Syria. And last time I checked, it was a conservative-controlled Congress which voted to tell Obama to sit down and shut the fuck up about Syria.

By the way - all of you and your pals claimed that Bush "invaded Iraq for the oil". So by your outrageous claims, gas should be about $0.25 per gallon right now. Do you care to attempt a new spin on the "Bush invaded Iraq for oil" narrative or will you be the first liberal to actually admit they were wrong?

I eagerly await your response :)

Obama was wrong about Syria. I don't always agree with everything he does. As for Congress, it's nice to see that some conservatives have learned a lesson from their failed aggressive foreign policy under the flopped Presidency of Dumbya. Too bad the conservatoons who embarrassingly defend the Iraq War on this board won't also admit to having been wrong.

As for the war for oil thing, although lots of liberals said that, I never agreed with that. I believed that the Iraq War was fought because Dumbya thought Iraq had WMD and that the Iraqi people really wanted democracy at US gunpoint. I thought these were wrong and stupid reasons, and was totally vindicated by the war's epic failure.

The Iraq War destroyed the GOP's reputation for having good judgement on military and foreign policy issues. It will take changes to get that reputation back. Being more Rand Paul than John McCain is a great start.

I have yet to read any comment regarding these real facts... so I am repeating them

Oil and Gas Statistics

From 2001 to 2008 Bush approved 23,569 leases or an average of 2,946 leases per year
From 2009 to 2012 Obama approved 7,297 leases or an average of 1,824 leases per year!

Simple economics of market supply states you increase the supply you lower the price.

Obama's reducing new leases means there will be less oil from Federal land and therefore higher prices!
Simple as that!

Bush approved all that, and prices still went up over four bucks a gallon at one point during his failed Presidency?

Wow, he didn't do much of anything right during his flop of a Presidency, did he? Increases oil & gas leases, prices go up. Invades Iraq, terrorism goes up, cuts taxes and regulations, economy crashes.

No wonder his record helped the Dems win the WH twice in row, and will put Hillary in the WH in 2016. Deal with it.

Reality, Price of a gallon of gas
Bush Jan 05, 2009 $1.672
Obama Jul 22, 2013 $3.684 220% Increase

Oil and Gas Statistics

Simple as that!

Bush Jan 05, 2009 $1.672

:lol:

Gasoline went that low in the last month of Dumbya's flopped Presidency because he crashed the economy, and millions of daily commuters were being told they weren't needed at work anymore.

I can't believe you're trying to give Bush credit for the lower gas prices that came as a result of his failed economic policies.

You're laughable. I'm so embarrassed for you.

Really? gas prices in my area have been going down. maybe it is a RW only gas hike.....:eusa_boohoo:

Bush Jan 05, 2009 $1.672

Gasoline went that low in the last month of Dumbya's flopped Presidency because he crashed the economy, and millions of daily commuters were being told they weren't needed at work anymore.

I can't believe you're trying to give Bush credit for the lower gas prices that came as a result of his failed economic policies.

You're laughable. I'm so embarrassed for you.

Average Gas Prices During Bush & Obama

BUSH YEARS

2001 — $1.43
2002 — $1.34
2003 — $1.56
2004 — $1.85
2005 — $2.27
2006 — $2.58
2007 — $2.81
2008 — $3.26

OBAMA YEARS

2009 — $2.35
2010 — $2.78
2011 — $3.53
2012 -- $3.63
2013 -- $3.52
President Obama said it himself that under his policies energy prices will go up.

All I know is this from the government Bureau of Land Management..

Oil and Gas Statistics

It would seem that if a President had ANY influence over gas prices it would be either
INCREASING OIL exploration and production on Federal leases by approving leases OR
DECREASING OIL exploration and production by reducing approvals.

And this is a classic illustration of how Obama/democrats get constantly hoisted on their own petards!

DUH!!! Which president SIGN more approvals of federal Leases and WHICH president signed the fewest???

Of course Obama idiots can't figure out that Bush's average of almost 3,000 a year is nearly 160% MORE then Obama!

Obama wants you in a chink style city. A megalopolis stacked with people in 200 square ft apartments who bike to work under a security grid. That is his vision. He want's a quasi authoritarian style model of what the filthy slants have going on in cat eater land. A city with no suburbs interconnected with some gloriously stupid high speed rail. The country side will be left for big agri. Nobody will be allowed to live there.

The far right reactionaries can stop their fibbing.

How much is the average today? How much was the average one year ago today?

How much was the average shortly before Obama was elected?.....

Because of the economic collapse? I gave the link above; look it up.

You liberals talk out of both sides of your mouth, the economic collapse was Bush's fault, but gas prices have been high through both terms of the current clown...... :thup:

The far right reactionaries can stop their fibbing.

How much is the average today? How much was the average one year ago today?

what a far left progressive liberal reactionary comment you just made jake! You're so fun to own the shit outta, lol.

You just attacked personality, son, didn't answer the questions.

Consumer Reports News: September 17, 2012 05:08 PM Average gas prices--September 17, 2012

Gas prices are up across the country compared to the week before. The national gasoline average is 28 cents above the price this time last year and about 3 cents above last week's price. Premium gasoline is now averaging $4.15. Diesel fuel is about 30 cents above this time last year.

And it is about $3.57 a gallon last week. And that is less than it was two years ago.[
Weekly U.S. Regular All Formulations Retail Gasoline Prices (Dollars per Gallon)

You guys are so stupid.

actually, you are stupid

the price of gas/value of retail gas has gone up over $2 per gallon since obama took office and that is from your second link

and you claim people are lying about that....

Yup, the crash depressed the price of gas and caused the loss of millions of jobs because of the complicity of the GOP Senate and House with pet Democrats and presidents.

The price is 42 cents less than in June 2008 (who was president?).

sweet, every time i prove jake wrong i get put on "ignore"

seriously, i used his own link to prove he is wrong about gas prices

Yup, the crash depressed the price of gas and caused the loss of millions of jobs because of the complicity of the GOP Senate and House with pet Democrats and presidents.

The price is 42 cents less than in June 2008 (who was president?).

Fakey's drooling again, churning up when he claims Bush blew up the levees because he hates black people. Which also caused a spike in gas prices that lasted less than a few months. Flakey can't explain why $3.00 plus per gallon gasoline is the norm under the rule of his Marxist hero. No worries flakey, you get a cookie and sippy cup for your feeble efforts.... :thup:

Gas per gallon went higher under Bush, and he and his party got hammered over it. They deserved it too. It was their fault.

The price now is really just the free market, although some seriously onerous regulation on the futures market would do a lot of good for drivers. But the GOP wouldn't go for that.

Lol ! You can say this with a straight face ?!

So let's get this straight, when gases skyrocketed under Bush, it was his fault. But when Obama took office and gas prices were about $1.80 a gallon, then skyrocketed, it's market forces ! ROTFLOL !!!!:lol:

Gas per gallon went higher under Bush, and he and his party got hammered over it. They deserved it too. It was their fault.

The price now is really just the free market, although some seriously onerous regulation on the futures market would do a lot of good for drivers. But the GOP wouldn't go for that.

LOLOLOLOLz~

And there it is folks. Under Bush prices "reached" higher because of Bush and Republicans, but under Obama despite at points getting VERY close to the levels of costs that of Bush, but overall holding an average higher cost than Bush it's "free markets" that suddenly became free out of nowhere....

So who made the markets free? Was it Bush? Or was it Obama? What happened to make these markets "free?" What happens if we find out there are more regulations????

I know hilarious ain't it :lol: Consider the source though. The douche is one of the very most partisan hacks on the board.

Forum List

Back