Obama Dares Republicans To Show Their Obamacare Replacement Before Repeal

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
If it’s really better, the president says, he’ll endorse it.

President Barack Obama on Friday issued a stark, simple challenge to Republicans who want to repeal Obamacare: If you really have a better alternative, show it to the American people first.

“If they are so convinced they can do it better, then they shouldn’t be afraid to make that presentation,” Obama said, even promising to vouch for such a plan.

“I’m saying to every Republican right now, if you in fact can put a plan together that is demonstrably better than what Obamacare is doing, I will publicly support repealing Obamacare and replacing it with your plan.”

Obama made the comments during a live, wonky interview with Ezra Klein and Sarah Kliff of Vox. The interview took place at the Blair House, the residence across the street from the White House where, famously, Obama presided over an eight-hour bipartisan discussion of health policy in early 2010, shortly before Congress passed what would become the Affordable Care Act.

More: Obama Dares Republicans To Show Their Obamacare Replacement Before Repeal

I agree, Mr. President. What are Republicans afraid of?

President Barack Obama on Friday issued a stark, simple challenge to Republicans who want to repeal Obamacare: If you really have a better alternative, show it to the American people first.

“If they are so convinced they can do it better, then they shouldn’t be afraid to make that presentation,” Obama said, even promising to vouch for such a plan.

“I’m saying to every Republican right now, if you in fact can put a plan together that is demonstrably better than what Obamacare is doing, I will publicly support repealing Obamacare and replacing it with your plan.”

Obama made the comments during a live, wonky interview with Ezra Klein and Sarah Kliff of Vox. The interview took place at the Blair House, the residence across the street from the White House where, famously, Obama presided over an eight-hour bipartisan discussion of health policy in early 2010, shortly before Congress passed what would become the Affordable Care Act.

Obama should just do what is proper and within the boundaries of presidential protocol. No other outgoing POTUS in the history of the US, has done as much meddling and posturing as Obama. its beyond inappropriate

They've already showed it...everyone will get to keep their doctor and health care plan...if it's not true...who cares? do you care rosie?

Who gives a shit what he thinks. He's old news.

Obama is not going to get his way. Congress will not do anything until well into the term. Of course Obama will view this as an act of defiance. His ego is that inflated.

Obama does not realize he no longer gets to say "you will comply"..

/--- Obozo shoved the Obozocare nightmare on us. He has no right to demand anything. That scumbag will be gone along with his legacy.

Last edited:
Obama: I double dare you!

Trump: You are no longer president fool, secret service remove this clown from my sight.

Obama: I double triple dare you...hey get your hands off me I'm Obama...

noFUcks.jpg

If it’s really better, the president says, he’ll endorse it.....

Sorry. Mr Obama wouldn't show his before it was voted on, so there's no reason the Republicans should either.

Never set a precedent you're not willing to have the other side use as well.

Forum List

Back