Obama Calls In 'International Monitors' For Election: Yea Or Nay?

International Monitors 'Monitoring' Our Election

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don't get too excited. I never said i would go out of my way.

i'm sure the next time you go out of your way for anyone will be the first time.

Certainly true. I've never gone out of my way for an anonymous messageboard troller. Still, I'll keep my eyes peeled for that graphic novel.

grahpic1.jpg

International Monitors will be 'Monitoring' our Presidential Election. What do you all think about that?

What's wrong with someone from off shore monitoring our elections? We've all seen that one picture of 'new black panthers' outside a polling place with the implication their presence impacted the vote.

Since our nation is so divided by partisan politics wouldn't it be in the best interest of all of us if an outside observer monitored our election? I support the monitors, we can't have black panthers scaring off little old ladies, can we? Of course they will also monitor the masses and hordes who commit voter fraud which would please you, right?

***please excuse the sarcasm***

You're a bit optimistic ***please excuse the sarcasm***

They will turn a blind eye to the left's tactics. Impartial my wild ass hairs.

This isn't an attempt to promote fair elections. It is phase one of the excuses for their loss on November 6. I think they are very uncomfortable with the way things are going and they are providing the groundwork for "what happens if..."

Immie

you'd think with all the dem voter fraud going on that observers would be welcomed.

if nothing else, it should keep the scary black men with sticks away

Sorry, but you are assuming that these monitors will be non-partisan. My friend, I do not think that is a good assumption to make.

Why should we assume they are non-partisan? Oh yeah... the Democrats have told us so... forgive me if I have my doubts.

Immie

I think is a terrible idea. The UN is only there to stop Mitt Romney from being elected.

It's a total disgrace and they have no right and no jurisdiction.

They don't have any power either, so what's the big deal? It's starting to sound like the Republicans are afraid. They got something to hide? :cool:

This sounds analgous to the R's rendition of: if you don't have anything to hide in your email then what's the problem.

Not exactly. Emails should be private, except in unusual circumstances, while elections should be transparent, except for the content of an individual's ballot.

The OSCE first monitored a US election in 2002, when the Bush administration invited them to. In fact, I believe the first international monitors came in 1990 or 92, when the first Bush administration invited them.

Where was the outrage then? Now, it's suddenly a GREAT ISSUE and some kind of EVIDENCE that the Obamabots are planning to steal the election or something.

You RWNJ's just kill me. Y'all seem to think that nobody knows anything about our history.

I thought you whiney old neocon farts would love monitors because you're always complaining election fraud from the Dems...

The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, a Washington D.C.-based group that – along with the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) and the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) – asked OSCE to monitor the election.
Obama tells these groups what to do?

Their his biggest supporters. So yes, in essence he does.

I think this Poll accurately reflects most Americans' opinion on this issue.

Republicans tried and tried to get voter ID's
and they were crucified for their efforts.
Now Obama is on board with preventing fraud.

What a joke.

you'd think with all the dem voter fraud going on that observers would be welcomed.

Sorry, but you are assuming that these monitors will be non-partisan. My friend, I do not think that is a good assumption to make.

Why should we assume they are non-partisan? Oh yeah... the Democrats have told us so... forgive me if I have my doubts.

Immie

What difference does it make if they are partisan? All they're doing is observing.

Republicans tried and tried to get voter ID's
and they were crucified for their efforts.
Now Obama is on board with preventing fraud.

What a joke.

These 'Observers' are his peeps. Make no mistake about that. 'Fraud' is not the issue. It's all about claiming fraud if their guy loses. They're setting that scam up. Bet on that.

So you're afraid of those big black punk mouthed morons? I have my own idea's.

you've never had an idea in your sad life, goombah.

go eat a sausage

No need for insults today del. We can talk here and there.

So you're in favor supporting the UN and of a potential world government then?
That is what the UN wants to accomplish you know.

Aw, pay no mind to ole del. It's the USMB Gimp. It escapes its hole every now & then. But don't worry, they'll round it up soon and shove it back down its hole. :)

Immie

What difference does it make if they are partisan? All they're doing is observing.

Bullshit. They will come out with their "report" and claim Romney stole the election and people like TDM will believe them and for eight years we will hear how these "honest, non-partisan" observers are living proof that Obama won the election and Republicans cheated.

Hell, if they let TDM back in the site she'll have 500,000 posts making that very claim by the end of February.

Immie

Immie

Bullshit. They will come out with their "report" and claim Romney stole the election and people like TDM will believe them and for eight years we will hear how these "honest, non-partisan" observers are living proof that Obama won the election and Republicans cheated.

Hell, if they let TDM back in the site she'll have 500,000 posts making that very claim by the end of February.

Immie

Bingo! They're setting that up. I guess that's a good sign for Romney though. They're preparing for an Obama loss.

International Monitors will be 'Monitoring' our Presidential Election. What do you all think about that?

What's wrong with someone from off shore monitoring our elections? We've all seen that one picture of 'new black panthers' outside a polling place with the implication their presence impacted the vote.

Since our nation is so divided by partisan politics wouldn't it be in the best interest of all of us if an outside observer monitored our election? I support the monitors, we can't have black panthers scaring off little old ladies, can we? Of course they will also monitor the masses and hordes who commit voter fraud which would please you, right?

***please excuse the sarcasm***

What's wrong with it is the Organization we are talking about doing it. Gives Despotic Dictators that never won a Real election the same standing as Democratically Elected Governments. An Organization that appoints countries like Syria to the Human Rights Commission. An Organization who's biggest Voting Block is 50 some odd Arab countries that only a small Fraction of have Democratic Governments and Free people. An Organization with a Rather clear Bias of Opinion about the US.

No thanks.

Personally i find foreigners attempting to influence our Elections to be quite appalling. It should not be allowed. Period, end of story.

Personally i find foreigners attempting to influence our Elections to be quite appalling. It should not be allowed. Period, end of story.

Nice disinfo, there.

They aren't influencing the elections, they're going to come in and watch people vote. They'll also be taking names of teabaggers that try to interfere with the voting process.

I'm glad I don't live in your world.

Since the US often calls for observers in other countries' elections, it only seems a good example to invite them to see a real democracy at work. Where's the problem? No sovereignty is sacrificed, only honesty is being established.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back