Oath Keeper unable to cope with being jailed.

I have no problem with these people being punished for property destruction, but the idea that they were actually trying to "overthrow the government" is ludicrous.

I have no problem with these people being punished for property destruction, but the idea that they were actually trying to "overthrow the government" is ludicrous.
Oh? How else were they going to "stop the steal?"

The government is charging him with deleting his Facebook page. Now in the end I expect this charge to be dropped but it's a common tactic of law enforcement. Charge someone with all kinds of things to get them to simply plead guilty to a few. That needs to stop. I see this as little different than what Sidney Powell is being sued over. Filing charges (or lawsuits) that have no merit.

Agreed.
You agree that Trump’s lawyer was filing frivolous lawsuits that have no merit?

I agree that the tactic of overcharging to pressure people into coping pleas is a common tactic and one that needs to stop.
Oh, that’s bad but frivolous lawsuits like Powell’s are just dandy?

Pknopp made a number of points, one of which I choose to agree with.

Not sure what part of this you are having trouble with.

Do you like it when prosecutors overcharge so they can terrorize people into pleading out, and giving up their Right to a Trial by a jury of their Peers?
If it gets them to cop a plea or roll over on someone bigger, yeah I'm okay with that.
Wow.

So it is okay for the person that essentially has absolute power over you, your life and your freedom to leverage that power in an attempt to avoid the justice system?

Did you even think about that before backing such?

Avoid the justice system? How do you figure? Here's the thing...they can't charge you with crimes you didn't commit. If a prosecutor uses the crimes you committed to get you to cop a plea or to give up a bigger criminal, that's perfectly fine with me. (And is a pretty common practice). How do you think they bust drug rings, pedophile rings, human trafficking rings, the mob?
God, you're naive! People get charged with crimes they didn't commit all the time.

Is there a flight risk with this defendant? If not then why is he sitting in jail awaiting trial? How many liberal protestors were kept in jail while awaiting THEIR trials if they had no criminal records? This is being done to punish...not in the pursuit of justice!
Who cares? It was a choice he and others of his ilk made.
Who cares if the Party in power punishes the opposition by jailing them for protesting and keeping them there without bail? With all due respect, White? EVERYONE should care about that and it shouldn't be an "us" or "them" thing! One of the great things about America is that our justice system is based on the premise of equal justice under the law! I would never ask that anyone be kept in jail pending trial if they aren't a flight risk and have no criminal record that would indicate they're a danger to the public if let free. You keep murderers and rapists locked up without bail. You don't keep protesters locked up without bail. You especially don't do that if you've released OTHER protesters on bail that were far more violent than the rioters at the Capital!
If they have committed by word and deed, acts that say they are a continuing threat to society, I have no problem. Same for those rioter, caught burning, looting or physically attacking people over the supposed BLM cause. If they can bring a habeas corpus ad subjiciendum case before a judge and attain release, more power to them. I am not the one that deemed them a continuing risk to society. Go talk to them.
I just want you to explain why liberal protesters caught by Police committing violent crimes were released on bail yet this man who has no criminal record and doesn't seem to be a flight risk in any way languishes in jail, White? Why is it that one group has a different result from the other? What would your reaction be if it was conservatives that were allowed to go free while liberals were kept incarcerated? Would you be so unconcerned then?
I don't know that guy's story, what he had done prior or posted prior, what statements he made or other made that he may or may not have been involved in. I do know he went before a judge, charges were made and the judge listened to a prosecutor and came to a decision. I have neither the authority to over rule or the inclination to plead for a different judicial ruling. You have that inclination. Write an Amicus brief. If we were talking about violent left wing nut ball rioters out in Portland or any other city that had BLM (WARNING FALSE BUZZ NAME USED) riots my answer would be the same. I'll go with the decision of the judges a thousand miles or more away from Jackson, TN. You sound like you plead the case on emotional patriotic constitutional grounds. Sorry. No go. Those people are not patriots. Patriots do not attack the capitol or commit violence in the streets in support of their cause. Those people got into trouble committing acts by their own decision, calculating that they would not get into much trouble. Their calculation was wrong and now they are the fly that got stuck in the soup. Well, sucks to be them. What I do know is I have had to listen to their weeping and wailing incriminations of the the other sides entirely too much for the last few years from the far left and the far right. I am in the center, the moderate, and a patriot in my own rights. I didn't attack the capitol. I didn't burn liquor stores or break in and loot sporting goods or auto parts stores or approve those that do. I know a lot of patriotic people, moderates, left leaning, right leaning and we share things in common. We didn't get carried away with cause politics, as we are not easily led or manipulated. We didn't strike out against our country or the man or the white man, the black man, the Asian or the border wetbacks. We just went about our own lives and what was actually important to us and our families. Also, know most people closer to the center are fed up with the bickering scoring of points to boost their self esteem against those they tell me are oppressing them and damn sure fed up with violent overthrow of society by the radical left and radical right. So do not try to enlist me or reason me into supporting your current cause dejure of those poor people languishing behind bars awaiting adjudication for their crimes. They should have known what they were doing was wrong and could get them into trouble before they decided to follow somebody down that road to begin with.
Why is it worse to protest at the Capital than it is to riot across multiple cities across the US? How is a riot that lasted a few hours with very little damage done worse than riots that lasted months and turned whole blocks into burned out hulks?
Why is it worse to protest at the Capital than it is to riot across multiple cities across the US? I don't give a damn about those cities, especially if those people and those elected city and state politicians wish to put up with it, and they apparently do. It is their problem, but I do care about The Capital of my country, the Constitution of my country, the ability of our elected official to lawfully conduct our business in that place, under that constitution, free from violent attacks, death threats in the halls, and scaffolds built on the lawn as they searched to find the Vice President (I didn't even vote for) to have a lynching party for him on The Capital grounds. You don't get it, because you don't give a Fk about the country, as you believe in party (or despot ruler) over country.
Spare me the shrill hyperbole, White! You know as well as I do that the "scaffold" you so dramatically refer to wouldn't have held the weight of a young child let alone a full grown man like Mike Pence! Ask yourself why it is you have to resort to exaggerations like that? Is it because the riot that took place didn't really compare in it's level of violence or duration to the riots that took place week after week...month after month in cities across the country?
They would have killed Pence had they caught him. Many of them said so.
Oh, bullshit! I suppose you think the scaffold was real too? There is a huge difference between hanging someone in effigy and actually hanging them! Not to you liberals though!
You moron, they didn't need that gallows to kill him. Had they caught him, it's doubtful they would have dragged him out of the Capitol anyway. They would have killed him on the spot.
And yet the only person murdered that day was killed by a cop with a gun.

Wrong. A cop died that day, sprayed in the face with chemicals.
And a protester was killed that was stampeded by the insurectionist crowd.

Is there a flight risk with this defendant? If not then why is he sitting in jail awaiting trial? How many liberal protestors were kept in jail while awaiting THEIR trials if they had no criminal records? This is being done to punish...not in the pursuit of justice!
They didn't try to overthrow the government.

Apples and oranges.
I would posit that establishing "zones" for months where legitimate government isn't allowed is in fact far more of an "overthrow" of government than a protest that lasted a few hours!
You would be incorrect. And it wasn't a protest.
It was not only a protest , it was a peaceful protest at that.
That's a lie.

You shouldn't tell lies.

The government is charging him with deleting his Facebook page. Now in the end I expect this charge to be dropped but it's a common tactic of law enforcement. Charge someone with all kinds of things to get them to simply plead guilty to a few. That needs to stop. I see this as little different than what Sidney Powell is being sued over. Filing charges (or lawsuits) that have no merit.

Agreed.
You agree that Trump’s lawyer was filing frivolous lawsuits that have no merit?

I agree that the tactic of overcharging to pressure people into coping pleas is a common tactic and one that needs to stop.
Oh, that’s bad but frivolous lawsuits like Powell’s are just dandy?

Pknopp made a number of points, one of which I choose to agree with.

Not sure what part of this you are having trouble with.

Do you like it when prosecutors overcharge so they can terrorize people into pleading out, and giving up their Right to a Trial by a jury of their Peers?
If it gets them to cop a plea or roll over on someone bigger, yeah I'm okay with that.
Wow.

So it is okay for the person that essentially has absolute power over you, your life and your freedom to leverage that power in an attempt to avoid the justice system?

Did you even think about that before backing such?

Avoid the justice system? How do you figure? Here's the thing...they can't charge you with crimes you didn't commit. If a prosecutor uses the crimes you committed to get you to cop a plea or to give up a bigger criminal, that's perfectly fine with me. (And is a pretty common practice). How do you think they bust drug rings, pedophile rings, human trafficking rings, the mob?
God, you're naive! People get charged with crimes they didn't commit all the time.
Sidney Powell lying about dominion and accusing them of a crime among all the other lies about them, hurt them.

If she did not lie about them, this suit is her limelight, to show the world that the election was stolen, and facilitated by Dominion.

But NO!

Her defense is.....Everyone should have known I was lying.

hope she loses her law license, as she should....

By protesting? Duh? Why does BLM protest? Duh?
How would protesting "stop the steal?"

Now you leave critical thought out of this. No place for that in this thread.

Who cares if the Party in power punishes the opposition by jailing them for protesting and keeping them there without bail? With all due respect, White? EVERYONE should care about that and it shouldn't be an "us" or "them" thing! One of the great things about America is that our justice system is based on the premise of equal justice under the law! I would never ask that anyone be kept in jail pending trial if they aren't a flight risk and have no criminal record that would indicate they're a danger to the public if let free. You keep murderers and rapists locked up without bail. You don't keep protesters locked up without bail. You especially don't do that if you've released OTHER protesters on bail that were far more violent than the rioters at the Capital!
If they have committed by word and deed, acts that say they are a continuing threat to society, I have no problem. Same for those rioter, caught burning, looting or physically attacking people over the supposed BLM cause. If they can bring a habeas corpus ad subjiciendum case before a judge and attain release, more power to them. I am not the one that deemed them a continuing risk to society. Go talk to them.
I just want you to explain why liberal protesters caught by Police committing violent crimes were released on bail yet this man who has no criminal record and doesn't seem to be a flight risk in any way languishes in jail, White? Why is it that one group has a different result from the other? What would your reaction be if it was conservatives that were allowed to go free while liberals were kept incarcerated? Would you be so unconcerned then?
I don't know that guy's story, what he had done prior or posted prior, what statements he made or other made that he may or may not have been involved in. I do know he went before a judge, charges were made and the judge listened to a prosecutor and came to a decision. I have neither the authority to over rule or the inclination to plead for a different judicial ruling. You have that inclination. Write an Amicus brief. If we were talking about violent left wing nut ball rioters out in Portland or any other city that had BLM (WARNING FALSE BUZZ NAME USED) riots my answer would be the same. I'll go with the decision of the judges a thousand miles or more away from Jackson, TN. You sound like you plead the case on emotional patriotic constitutional grounds. Sorry. No go. Those people are not patriots. Patriots do not attack the capitol or commit violence in the streets in support of their cause. Those people got into trouble committing acts by their own decision, calculating that they would not get into much trouble. Their calculation was wrong and now they are the fly that got stuck in the soup. Well, sucks to be them. What I do know is I have had to listen to their weeping and wailing incriminations of the the other sides entirely too much for the last few years from the far left and the far right. I am in the center, the moderate, and a patriot in my own rights. I didn't attack the capitol. I didn't burn liquor stores or break in and loot sporting goods or auto parts stores or approve those that do. I know a lot of patriotic people, moderates, left leaning, right leaning and we share things in common. We didn't get carried away with cause politics, as we are not easily led or manipulated. We didn't strike out against our country or the man or the white man, the black man, the Asian or the border wetbacks. We just went about our own lives and what was actually important to us and our families. Also, know most people closer to the center are fed up with the bickering scoring of points to boost their self esteem against those they tell me are oppressing them and damn sure fed up with violent overthrow of society by the radical left and radical right. So do not try to enlist me or reason me into supporting your current cause dejure of those poor people languishing behind bars awaiting adjudication for their crimes. They should have known what they were doing was wrong and could get them into trouble before they decided to follow somebody down that road to begin with.
Why is it worse to protest at the Capital than it is to riot across multiple cities across the US? How is a riot that lasted a few hours with very little damage done worse than riots that lasted months and turned whole blocks into burned out hulks?
Why is it worse to protest at the Capital than it is to riot across multiple cities across the US? I don't give a damn about those cities, especially if those people and those elected city and state politicians wish to put up with it, and they apparently do. It is their problem, but I do care about The Capital of my country, the Constitution of my country, the ability of our elected official to lawfully conduct our business in that place, under that constitution, free from violent attacks, death threats in the halls, and scaffolds built on the lawn as they searched to find the Vice President (I didn't even vote for) to have a lynching party for him on The Capital grounds. You don't get it, because you don't give a Fk about the country, as you believe in party (or despot ruler) over country.
Spare me the shrill hyperbole, White! You know as well as I do that the "scaffold" you so dramatically refer to wouldn't have held the weight of a young child let alone a full grown man like Mike Pence! Ask yourself why it is you have to resort to exaggerations like that? Is it because the riot that took place didn't really compare in it's level of violence or duration to the riots that took place week after week...month after month in cities across the country?
Oh, bullshit! I suppose you think the scaffold was real too? There is a huge difference between hanging someone in effigy and actually hanging them! Not to you liberals though!
You moron, they didn't need that gallows to kill him. Had they caught him, it's doubtful they would have dragged him out of the Capitol anyway. They would have killed him on the spot.

You forget that b!tch who was shot jumping thru the glass of Congressional doors! Representatives were right there and the guard fired on her crazy arse! She was a marine or something so she knew exactly what she was doing! If only she lived so she could be dishonorably brought down low for being a stinking Republican POS attacking the halls of our democracy! Family members should be cut off as well when it comes to benefits! I just hoped the b!tch had suffered longer while those fools milled about wondering WTF to do as she bled out! :hands:

If it were reversed you'd have no problem of course! Typical White guy who thinks he should be able to do whatever TF he wants with no consequences! If a Black or Mexican person jaywalks, you want their voting rights taken away! Very typical of this country and the a-holes who run it! Heaven knows it isn't as equal as we BS the world with! :rolleyes:
As I stated earlier EVERYONE should be concerned when American's are not longer receiving equal protection under the law and that includes myself! It's wrong if it's liberals that are receiving preferential treatment...it's wrong if conservatives are receiving preferential treatment! You can't grant bail for one group and then deny it for another for the same crime.

Americans have NEVER had equal protection under the law. But to equate what happened on January 6th with the racial unrest last summer is WRONG. They are NOT THE SAME CRIME. Not even in the same ballpark.
I couldn't agree more! The riots that took place all last year were far more destructive than the very brief riot at the Capital! They really AREN'T in the same ballpark...yet the left is trying to claim that they shook American democracy to it's very core!!!!! Which is laughable! Congress was back in session in chambers the very next day!

Wrong Troglodyte, Congress was back in session that night to finish what they started! The election was certified notwithstanding objections of Cruz and Hawley! It didn't stop Republican Party from embarrassing themselves and the country further by continuing to propagate that LIE about voter fraud, making out Trump was robbed! I pray no one w/b stupid enough to say something like that to my face; I might lose it! :hands:
So the "riot" didn't even cause enough damage to keep Congress closed for a day? Some riot! Meanwhile you on the left have left blocks of our cities smoldering after months of riots. But it's the right that's guilty of an "insurrection"? Then you wonder why nobody takes you seriously!

Those who previously protested have been taken seriously. Police officers are facing trials where they wouldn't have been. The Supreme Court just expanded people's 4th Amendment rights. There is a good chance they will overturn qualified immunity.

What did those protesting at the Capitol accomplish? They showed that those who are not willing to pay a price for their protesting better stay home.

When it comes to Neanderthals, accomplishing something is the last thing on their pin-brains! It's all about exerting strength thru numbers! They had already lost 60 appeals against judges Trump helped to install! That says a lot when it comes to shady behavior when your own employees tell you to "fk. off!" That's how Trump thinks of the Fed; just an extension of his empire! BTW, I'm very impressed! You're the 1st to spell Capitol correctly that I've seen! ;)

Last edited:

You forget that b!tch who was shot jumping thru the glass of Congressional doors! Representatives were right there and the guard fired on her crazy arse! She was a marine or something so she knew exactly what she was doing! If only she lived so she could be dishonorably brought down low for being a stinking Republican POS attacking the halls of our democracy! Family members should be cut off as well when it comes to benefits! I just hoped the b!tch had suffered longer while those fools milled about wondering WTF to do as she bled out! :hands:
I did not see it that way...

I felt sorry for her...she seemed like a good person, that was lead astray through a means of brainwashing via regurgitated lies... I don't blame the brainwashed, they are the victims.... I blame the brainwashers, they perpetrated the brainwashing...:(

I felt sorry for her...she seemed like a good person, that was lead astray through a means of brainwashing via regurgitated lies... I don't blame the brainwashed, they are the victims.... I blame the brainwashers, they perpetrated the brainwashing...:(

That excuse can be used with the truly weak-minded, but she was supposed to be "the best;" a marine! You follow orders and respect authority! Attacking old men in suits is not what I'd call respectable behavior of someone that well trained! Are we going to give a pass on 74 M idiots who thought Trump was responsible enough to have a 2nd term? Have they all been brainwashed or did Trump unleash their inner bigot? It's bad enough Trump got that many votes, but to find out he won women both times makes me nauseous! When women kvetch about a lack of representation, I get so PO'd as they're the ones who are selecting these a-holes term after term; even going with Trump over Hillary! Most women can KMA for that reason alone! :stir:

They went in there with the thought of raising hell and trying to bring awareness to their ridiculous claims, but the idea that they actually went in thinking they were going to overthrow a nation's government, is so fucking mind boggling stupid, I don't even know where to begin.
You're certainly not the only one that is stupid however, there were plenty others who actually believe that we ALMOST lost our democracy.

Get a grip dude. She's dead, her debts paid. That Marine paid with her life for her mistake. I am sure, in uniform she served honorably.

Get a grip dude. She's dead, her debts paid. That Marine paid with her life for her mistake. I am sure, in uniform she served honorably.
Why was she the only one murdered? There were dozens of rioters doing much worse. Why hasn’t the cop been charged?

I should get a grip? It was those ignorant a-holes "on the right" who lost it attacking the Capitol! I'm just ranting here in my underwear having a cup of coffee! Do I really need to get a grip as much as half the country courting Trump's fraud? :confused:

That excuse can be used with the truly weak-minded, but she was supposed to be "the best;" a marine! You follow orders and respect authority! Attacking old men in suits is not what I'd call respectable behavior of someone that well trained! Are we going to give a pass on 74 M idiots who thought Trump was responsible enough to have a 2nd term? Have they all been brainwashed or did Trump unleash their inner bigot? It's bad enough Trump got that many votes, but to find out he won women both times makes me nauseous! When women kvetch about a lack of representation, I get so PO'd as they're the ones who are selecting these a-holes term after term; even going with Trump over Hillary! Most women can KMA for that reason alone! :stir:
Well, it is disturbing to me, regarding the women who are supporting trump.... I expected them, with their mothering nature, to recognize the lies of a child....Though be it a man child.... :(

Why was she the only one murdered? There were dozens of rioters doing much worse. Why hasn’t the cop been charged?

There's only one reason; "THEY WERE WHITE!" They've already admitted if it had been Antifa or BLM attacking the Capitol, there would have been a true massacre! They wouldn't have hesitated shooting down minorities; even the black cops would have joined in! That's how it goes in this fk'n country! Some lives are counted, but a lot of them aren't! :cheeky-smiley-018:

Well, it is disturbing to me, regarding the women who are supporting trump.... I expected them, with their mothering nature, to recognize the lies of a child....a man child.... :(

Women love to be lied to; they say as much all the time when they ask, "does this outfit make me look fat?!" All men know the truth will not set them free! :smartass:

Forum List

Back