Oakland Votes To Remove Police From Schools

I've long advocated to remove the police from the schools. Now maybe there are rare schools that I would understand but IMO it sends a bad message to kids. The odds of anything happening in any particular school is extremely low. We even know that the officer ran away at Parkland.

What could possibly go wrong?

I never had any cops in any school I intended. Nor were any needed. I guess they weren't needed here either!

Won't it be funny now if there is mass violence or a big school shooting and a bunch of people get killed because cops weren't there to catch it!

I'll wet myself laughing!!!

What could possibly go wrong?

See how many really pissed off parents won't send their future anarchists to school in the Fall.
September headlines: School violence skyrockets, gun confiscation required.
I never knew police did racial profiling, discrimination and kneeled on necks in kindergarten.

My deepest condolences to the teachers.

Even with security at certain schools, teachers do not know whether they will leave the place in one piece by the end of the school day.

When the bad actors find out there is no longer any security, may God have mercy on the teachers (and the well-behaved students who are too poor to attend a private school).

Looking back on the Parkland, Florida school shooting, how much of a difference have they actually made in the first place?

God bless you and everyone impacted by a school shooting always!!!

Holly

Wonderful.
Why were there police in schools in the first place? We will find out.

How did it stop what happened in Parkland?
Didn't the cop run like a coward? The Oakland schools are like juvenile prisons where the inmates go home. There were beatings, robberies and open drug use. Every day. That's why the schools have police. Not because of the one day there might be a nut with a gun

Even with security at certain schools, teachers do not know whether they will leave the place in one piece by the end of the school day.

When the bad actors find out there is no longer any security, may God have mercy on the teachers (and the well-behaved students who are too poor to attend a private school).
That's true. The teachers certainly get more than their share. There are seminars in how to take a beating.

That's true. The teachers certainly get more than their share. There are seminars in how to take a beating.

Wow! I had never heard about such seminars.

I just knew that the Honorable Barack Obama had stopped suspension for defiance of teachers.

At the very least, teachers in such schools deserve combat pay -- in my opinion.

I've long advocated to remove the police from the schools. Now maybe there are rare schools that I would understand but IMO it sends a bad message to kids. The odds of anything happening in any particular school is extremely low. We even know that the officer ran away at Parkland.

Moron, it isn't mass public shooters that keep the cops in schools.....it is violent, impulse control problems who attack teachers, sell drugs and attack other students.........daily violence in democrat party controlled public schools is why the cops are there.

Wonderful.

Parkland happened because it was a huge campus........... and the odds of the school resource officer covering all of the buildings is zero......

Mass public shooters choose locations that are gun free zones......once someone with a gun confronts them they surrender, run away or commit suicide....the parkland shooter ran away once the cops began to show up in numbers....the shooting lasted 6 minutes then he ran away.

Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland | Facts about the site of mass shooting

The school at 5901 NW Pine Island Rd. serves 3,208 students from grades nine through twelve and has about 129 teachers. Home of the Eagles, the school motto is “Be positive. Be passionate. Be proud to be an Eagle.”

upload_2018-4-1_6-42-40.png

Wonderful.

Didn't the cop run like a coward? The Oakland schools are like juvenile prisons where the inmates go home. There were beatings, robberies and open drug use. Every day. That's why the schools have police. Not because of the one day there might be a nut with a gun

Is that why the police were at Parkland and schools all over the country?

Forum List

Back