Now the mob turns their attention to The Star Spangled Banner

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
It must now go. Time to cancel, time to destroy it, time to drag it through the mud.

Gen Z and Milennial fragility on full display !

Why it might be time to finally replace 'The Star-Spangled Banner' with a new national anthem

In an increasingly anti-racist era when problematic iconography — ranging from Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben to even the Dukes of Hazzard General Lee car and country band Lady Antebellum’s name — is being reassessed, revised or retired, America’s national anthem, “The Star-Spangled Banner,” seems to be striking a wrong note.

Last week, protesters in San Francisco toppled a statue of the song’s composer, Francis Scott Key, a known slaveholder who once said that African Americans were “a distinct and inferior race of people, which all experience proves to be the greatest evil that afflicts a community.” This week, Liana Morales, an Afro-Latinx student at New York’s Urban Assembly School for the Performing Arts, refused to sing “The Star-Spangled Banner” at her virtual graduation ceremony, explaining to the Wall Street Journal, “With everything that’s happening, if I stand there and sing it, I’m being complicit to a system that has oppressed people of color.” Instead, Morales performed “Lift Every Voice and Sing,” a hymn widely considered to be the “Black national anthem.”

It must now go. Time to cancel, time to destroy it, time to drag it through the mud.

Why it might be time to finally replace 'The Star-Spangled Banner' with a new national anthem

In an increasingly anti-racist era when problematic iconography — ranging from Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben to even the Dukes of Hazzard General Lee car and country band Lady Antebellum’s name — is being reassessed, revised or retired, America’s national anthem, “The Star-Spangled Banner,” seems to be striking a wrong note.

Last week, protesters in San Francisco toppled a statue of the song’s composer, Francis Scott Key, a known slaveholder who once said that African Americans were “a distinct and inferior race of people, which all experience proves to be the greatest evil that afflicts a community.” This week, Liana Morales, an Afro-Latinx student at New York’s Urban Assembly School for the Performing Arts, refused to sing “The Star-Spangled Banner” at her virtual graduation ceremony, explaining to the Wall Street Journal, “With everything that’s happening, if I stand there and sing it, I’m being complicit to a system that has oppressed people of color.” Instead, Morales performed “Lift Every Voice and Sing,” a hymn widely considered to be the “Black national anthem.”

I prefer America The Beautiful to go first.

Most of these morons are millennialturds. Are we going to let this keep on going to a population of adults who still have a F diaper on their ass????

Most of these morons are millennialturds. Are we going to let this keep on going to a population of adults who still have a F diaper on their ass????

Shot down.

America was never great, or beautiful.

God Bless America? [Ir]reverand Jeremiah Wright.

See, none will suit the mob.

And these same people will celebrate the thousands of Rap songs filled with violent, misogyny, racial slurs, that actually do genine damage to our country.

Øbama welcomed many [c]rappers into the White House over his years of misrule.

But, but but... its only confederate statues! the good liberals here on USMB said. You RWers are just over reacting.

everything they want to tear down can be explained away as just some little thing that is really not that important but it does add up. The revolutionary will never stop because they dont know anything else. They sure as hell arent going to start a business. They only know how to tax them heavily or burn them down.

Can't touch this!

Jimi Hendrix- Star Spangled Banner(Woodstock, 1969)

If all these little woke anarchists really hate America and everything about it so much, then why don't they freakin' LEAVE?

It's becoming more apparent by the day and new ridiculous demand that there are FOREIGN POWERS at work here, enemies of America.

The fight for America is on, and it's time to fight back, in any shape, way or form.

Shot down.

America was never great, or beautiful.

God Bless America? [Ir]reverand Jeremiah Wright.

See, none will suit the mob.
Lol.Good one. These Millennialturds couldn't feed themselves if Mickey D's wasn't around.

And these same people will celebrate the thousands of Rap songs filled with violent, misogyny, racial slurs, that actually do genine damage to our country.
There is an off button...

Actually there is an ignore button and you've been invited!
I'm finally sick of your juvenile brain-dead posts in threads!!
Go topple a statue, :ahole-1:.

Forum List

Back