Numerous Times When Armed Civilians Have Stopped Bad Guys and Saved Lives

The cost would be minimal. Teachers who are already gun certified could begin carrying a concealed gun at school immediately. Teachers who are willing to be armed but who have no firearms training or certification could be sent to a gun-safety course--such courses are short and cost little. This isn't rocket science.

One more time, buddy.

Four trained police officers hesitated in confronting Cruz and his arsenal.

And you expect the math teacher to take him out?

....and yet you expect US to rely on the government to protect against gun violence for the reason you just stated.

In regard to the thread title.

I remember reading about a bunch of civilians that halted the
British Army at Lexington and Concord and prevented their
gun grab.

The cost would be minimal. Teachers who are already gun certified could begin carrying a concealed gun at school immediately. Teachers who are willing to be armed but who have no firearms training or certification could be sent to a gun-safety course--such courses are short and cost little. This isn't rocket science.

One more time, buddy.

Four trained police officers hesitated in confronting Cruz and his arsenal.

And you expect the math teacher to take him out?

....and yet you expect US to rely on the government to protect against gun violence for the reason you just stated.
/——/ Since 1965 Libs have preached we don’t need guns, just call the police.

Well, no, what I expect to protect me from gun violence is not letting crazy people buy guns to start with.

You know, like hte rest of the world does.

Since 1965 Libs have preached we don’t need guns, just call the police.

A gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a household member than a bad guy.

Well, no, what I expect to protect me from gun violence is not letting crazy people buy guns to start with.

Since 1965 Libs have
preached we don’t need guns, just call the police.

A gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a household member than a bad guy.
/——/ Did you know 96.8% of statistics are made up on the spot?

for every SD use, there are dozens of murders--then dozens more shootings, then dozens more robberies with guns

So how about we stop talking about taking guns away from law-abiding citizens and focus on keeping guns out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill, hey?

More three times as many people are killed by cars each year than are killed all kinds of guns combined. And the number of people killed by knives is more than double the number of people killed by rifles and shotguns combined, according to FBI crime statistics.

FBI: Nearly Three Times More People Stabbed to Death Than Killed With Rifles, Shotguns Combined | Breitbart
the car and knife analogy is so ludicrous --stop with the IDIOTIC car analogy--I see this is the most popular argument for guns --it is ridiculous
1. murder vs accident !!!!!!
2. cars continuously redesigned for survival --guns to kill
3. cars used by MILLIONS every day all day and night...24/7--you cannot even calculate how much safer cars are
4. cars are registered/insured/etc--therefore much easier to control/etc

knives---you conveniently forgot that most murders are committed by guns
a gun can kill many much faster than a knife

you are RIGHT!! we want to keep guns away from criminals!! YES
1.it's too EASY for them to get guns
2. too easy to steal guns
3. harder to control guns when registration is not required
4. harder to control when laws are not national

mental illness is another popular pro-gun argument
you can NEVER change humans from being human--you know this
they have and always will kill/rape/rob
much, much easier to control guns than humans--this is undeniable

for every SD use, there are dozens of murders--then dozens more shootings, then dozens more robberies with guns

So how about we stop talking about taking guns away from law-abiding citizens and focus on keeping guns out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill, hey?

More three times as many people are killed by cars each year than are killed all kinds of guns combined. And the number of people killed by knives is more than double the number of people killed by rifles and shotguns combined, according to FBI crime statistics.

FBI: Nearly Three Times More People Stabbed to Death Than Killed With Rifles, Shotguns Combined | Breitbart
the car and knife analogy is so ludicrous --stop with the IDIOTIC car analogy--I see this is the most popular argument for guns --it is ridiculous
1. murder vs accident !!!!!!
2. cars continuously redesigned for survival --guns to kill
3. cars used by MILLIONS every day all day and night...24/7--you cannot even calculate how much safer cars are
4. cars are registered/insured/etc--therefore much easier to control/etc

knives---you conveniently forgot that most murders are committed by guns
a gun can kill many much faster than a knife

you are RIGHT!! we want to keep guns away from criminals!! YES
1.it's too EASY for them to get guns
2. too easy to steal guns
3. harder to control guns when registration is not required
4. harder to control when laws are not national

mental illness is another popular pro-gun argument
you can NEVER change humans from being human--you know this
they have and always will kill/rape/rob
much, much easier to control guns than humans--this is undeniable
/——-/ No matter how safe cars are made, drunk drivers will still kill more than guns. Take your car to the junk yard and have it crushed. Stop the carnage now. Ride the bus to work.

Do you care to prove that

You posted this shit once before and I asked you for proof then as well but you didn't give a link and I don't think you will this time either because you can't prove that bullshit statement

What is your expectation regarding crazy people buying guns illegally or stealing them? A gun in a house maybe 43, 86, or 173 times more likely to kill than a bad guy but a gun in the house is a lot easier to control vs. trying to control a bad guy with a gun while you don’t have a gun.

What is your expectation regarding crazy people buying guns illegally or stealing them? A gun in a house maybe 43, 86, or 173 times more likely to kill than a bad guy but a gun in the house is a lot easier to control vs. trying to control a bad guy with a gun while you don’t have a gun.
/----/ Well there you go again, using common sense with a gun grabber.

You posted this shit once before and I asked you for proof then as well but you didn't give a link and I don't think you will this time either because you can't prove that bullshit statement
hahahaahha
--I distinctly remember posting evidence and links to your responses because I remember MikeT saying the ''Brady site'' was a bunch of lies''
..I remember your SHIT--you provided NOTHING--no evidence-NOTHING
hahahahahah
here are some of the same sources I used LAST time--hahahahahahah
FBI stats last

now--this is just common sense and common knowledge....
Gun Violence Archive
http://www.vpc.org/studies/justifiable15.pdf
  • Firearms were used in 71.5 percent of the nation’s murders, 40.8 percent of robberies, and 24.2 percent of aggravated assaults.
Latest Crime Statistics Released — FBI

FBI justifiable homicide stats:
police:
Expanded Homicide Data Table 5
civilian:
Expanded Homicide Data Table 6
total crime stats:
Table 21

Last edited:

again per the FBI
Self-Defense Gun Use

I'm not anti-gun--I'm pro-common sense...realistic ...humans are violent
...the numbers tell the truth
I would like to own one for SD

you must have a short memory
now either man up and retract your ugly--OBVIOUSLY untrue statement--or else your posts have no value
here it is:
Ar-15 used by homeowner to stop 3 attackers shooting from a car...

hahahaahha
--I distinctly remember posting evidence and links to your responses because I remember MikeT saying the ''Brady site'' was a bunch of lies''
hahahahahah
FBI stats last

Gun Violence Archive
  • Firearms were used in 71.5 percent of the nation’s murders, 40.8 percent of robberies, and 24.2 percent of aggravated assaults.

police:
civilian:
total crime stats:
Table 21

See you are using homicides in self defense. That is not just stupid but an intentional misrepresentation.

A firearm can be used in self defense in a nonlethal capacity..

So now add every time a gun is drawn and not fired or drawn and fired but the piece of shit attacker is not killed to you tally of defensiveness gun use and tell me what you get for a ratio

But you won't do that because you are not interested in an honest depiction of events you merely want to prove that your utterly false claim is true so you ignore the facts

Defensive gun use - Wikipedia

Lower-end estimates include that by David Hemenway, a professor of Health Policy at the Harvard School of Public Health, which estimated approximately 55,000–80,000 such uses each year.[8][9]

so if you were right and there are " Dozens of murders" for every defensive gun use then at the very least there would be 2 dozen murders for each DGU so that would make the number of murders (low end estimate of the DGU stats used) 132000 annually

Therefore you are full of shit

Q.E.D.

hahahaahha
hahahahahah
FBI stats last

Gun Violence Archive

police:
civilian:
total crime stats:
Table 21

See you are using homicides in self defense. That is not just stupid but an intentional misrepresentation.

So now add every time a gun is drawn and not fired or drawn and fired but the piece of shit attacker is not killed to you tally of defensiveness gun use and tell me what you get for a ratio

But you won't do that because you are not interested in an honest depiction of events you merely want to prove that your utterly false claim is true so you ignore the facts
1. then also--if we are adding your mythical ''drawn'' incidents, we have to add the times guns are used in assault/shootings robberies
---perfect example is the recent 2 women fighting off ARMED robber!
GRAPHIC VIDEO: Liquor store clerks shoot armed robbery suspect, fight over gun
---good for them..I think a lot of these stores like this should have weapons available
----they had a gun --but so did the robber
2. then we can add gun suicides --the gun killed them!! yes or no??
3. my city has one of the highest murder rates---I hardly ever see guns used in the way you describe...
-----if it were like you say, that means the crime rate is double what the FBI/etc says it is !!!!!!!!!!!
4. have you provided any stats on SD use??...if so, please link it
...and these have to be documented--as the stats I have provided ...not the made up, RIDICULOUS statement of ''2.5 million SD gun uses!!! -----not ESTIMATES...not crap like ''Goober and I heard something, so we got out guns and stopped them'''--them?it????

hahahaahha
hahahahahah
FBI stats last

Gun Violence Archive

police:
civilian:
total crime stats:
Table 21

1. then also--if we are adding your mythical ''drawn'' incidents, we have to add the times guns are used in assault/shootings robberies
---perfect example is the recent 2 women fighting off ARMED robber!
GRAPHIC VIDEO: Liquor store clerks shoot armed robbery suspect, fight over gun
---good for them..I think a lot of these stores like this should have weapons available
----they had a gun --but so did the robber
2. then we can add gun suicides --the gun killed them!! yes or no??
3. my city has one of the highest murder rates---I hardly ever see guns used in the way you describe...
-----if it were like you say, that means the crime rate is double what the FBI/etc says it is !!!!!!!!!!!
4. have you provided any stats on SD use??...if so, please link it
...and these have to be documented--as the stats I have provided ...not the made up, RIDICULOUS statement of ''2.5 million SD gun uses!!! -----not ESTIMATES...not crap like ''Goober and I heard something, so we got out guns and stopped them'''--them?it????

You are moving the goal posts

you said "there are dozens of MURDERS" for each DGU

You are flat out wrong

Defensive gun use - Wikipedia

Lower-end estimates include that by David Hemenway, a professor of Health Policy at the Harvard School of Public Health, which estimated approximately 55,000–80,000 such uses each year.[8][9]

so if you were right and there are " Dozens of murders" for every defensive gun use then at the very least there would be 2 dozen murders for each DGU so that would make the number of murders (low end estimate of the DGU stats used) 132000 annually

Therefore you are full of shit

Q.E.D.
Estimates of frequency

estimates!
surveys households
!!!! they ask people what they THINK--not facts
This methodology has some disadvantages for surveying domestic violence crimes, since the entire selected household (above age 12) is interviewed instead of just one member selected.[4]
approximately 49,000[1] to 77,400[2]
--they don't even know how many they SURVEY !!!???
National Crime Victimization Survey - Wikipedia
WOW--this looks very accurate :lol::lol::lol:
so they are saying there are 5 SD uses for every murder--low end!!!???!!
these are not documented
I don't see these in the news
sur·vey
verb
  1. (of a person or their eyes) look carefully and thoroughly at (someone or something), especially so as to appraise them.
    "her green eyes surveyed him coolly"
    synonyms: look at, look over, observe, view, contemplate, regard, gaze at, stare at, eye; More
  2. examine and record the area and features of (an area of land) so as to construct a map, plan, or description.
again these numbers are not KNOWN, factual, documented per FBI/police/DOJ/etc

Forum List

Back