Number 1 in Golf?

Hell, the devil offered Jesus all the kingdoms of the world. Tiger only got a house, a boat, a plane and a blonde.

Bigger picture....Yesterday Tiger shot five over in his first nine holes and quit.

And THAT bothers you WHY exactly? He doesn't HAVE to prove anything anymore especially when he is playing with injuries...which one would expect to be more frequent as he gets older.

And WHAT exactly is so fascinating about last week's and the week before's winners?

I'd still rather watch Tiger play a practice round than any of the others on their best tournamout day.

And WHAT exactly is so fascinating about last week's and the week before's winners?
Fed Ex Cup standings, he's second from last place. After this week he'll fall off the board.

T226 this week T225 last week Tiger Woods

Last edited:
And my rule proves out again at the Honda. McIlroy - the "next Tiger Woods" - goes into Sunday with a two stroke lead, increases it to 3, then shoots craps. Lost in a playoff.

Tiger was a singular talent. The only thing that will keep him from the top again is an injury (or two). Can't golf at that level with a bad back.

And my rule proves out again at the Honda. McIlroy - the "next Tiger Woods" - goes into Sunday with a two stroke lead, increases it to 3, then shoots craps. Lost in a playoff.

Tiger was a singular talent. The only thing that will keep him from the top again is an injury (or two). Can't golf at that level with a bad back.

That was an awesome 245 yard second shot on the 18th, within 20 feet of the cup. Burned the edge on the putt to send it to the playoff.

McIlroy is capable of making incredible shots at any time, from anywhere on the golf course. But winning at golf in the PGA requires superhuman consistency.

I recall a time not so long ago when Mr. Woods had made something like 260 consecutive putts from 3' or less. And as any golfer knows, this is "superhuman consistency."

McIlroy is capable of making incredible shots at any time, from anywhere on the golf course. But winning at golf in the PGA requires superhuman consistency.

I recall a time not so long ago when Mr. Woods had made something like 260 consecutive putts from 3' or less. And as any golfer knows, this is "superhuman consistency."

Ya...but as any golfer knows..getting the ball within 3 feet is THE WHOLE GAME. :lol:

Aside from par 3's the second or third shot to the green is where all serious amatures and most pros fail.

I agree with you (more or less) completely; the approach shot is what separates the best from the good. But still, making all those short putts without a single miss is superhuman.

I agree with you (more or less) completely; the approach shot is what separates the best from the good. But still, making all those short putts without a single miss is superhuman.

I'm sure that in many foursomes anything inside three feet is considered a "gimmie" and isn't even putted. :lol:

I mean seriously.. ??? Do you make your friends putt a 2 footer? :lol:

Last edited:
Three feet is a "gimme"? Are you kidding? I don't know anybody who would give that putt, unless it is to finish off an 8 on the hole. I use the bushel-basket rule. If a ball finishes within the diameter of a bushel basket (about a foot) I will concede it, unless it is for a birdie. Then you always have to put it in the hole.

Where scores actually count, there are no conceded putts. There is always a chance that a foot mark or something will divert the ball, and the putt would miss.

In my wife's league (all women) there are NO conceded putts. Ever.

A three foot gimme is like a Mulligan on every hole. Play the game by the rules or try bowling. A super human doesn't shoot five over in nine holes. Super humans don't use excuses, like a bad back. Super humans don't quit because they are in last place.

A three foot gimme is like a Mulligan on every hole. Play the game by the rules or try bowling. A super human doesn't shoot five over in nine holes. Super humans don't use excuses, like a bad back. Super humans don't quit because they are in last place.

Bad back...pft. How about Lindsey Vonn waitin necked in the Gulfstream..

Bad back...pft. How about Lindsey Vonn waitin necked in the Gulfstream..

Necked? As in blood sucker? Yeah, I can see that.

Three feet is a "gimme"? Are you kidding? I don't know anybody who would give that putt, unless it is to finish off an 8 on the hole. I use the bushel-basket rule. If a ball finishes within the diameter of a bushel basket (about a foot) I will concede it, unless it is for a birdie. Then you always have to put it in the hole.

Where scores actually count, there are no conceded putts. There is always a chance that a foot mark or something will divert the ball, and the putt would miss.

In my wife's league (all women) there are NO conceded putts. Ever.

OK I may be exaggerating a tad but when my buddies are FORCED to putt a three footer...he will DEFINITELY have to do it while we are making fart noises and dropping clubs ..accompanied by howling laughter.. :lol:

Four golfers, one of them an attractive young woman, are playing their customary Saturday morning round. The girl is playing the best golf of her life. She gets more and more excited as the round goes along, saying that this might be the best round of her LIFE!

As they line up their putts on the 18th green, she is looking at a twelve footer, over a ridge and down to a hole. The green is very fast, and if she misses the putt she will be off the green. She tells the other guys that if she makes this putt it will be the best round of her life. If one of them can give her a clue as to how to make the putt she will give them the best BJ they've ever had. Golfer #2 says, "Aim left about 3 feet. Golfer #1 says, "Wrong, aim for the center of the cup." Golfer #3 looks at her and quickly says, "Pick it up, it's a gimme!"

Four golfers, one of them an attractive young woman, are playing their customary Saturday morning round. The girl is playing the best golf of her life. She gets more and more excited as the round goes along, saying that this might be the best round of her LIFE!

As they line up their putts on the 18th green, she is looking at a twelve footer, over a ridge and down to a hole. The green is very fast, and if she misses the putt she will be off the green. She tells the other guys that if she makes this putt it will be the best round of her life. If one of them can give her a clue as to how to make the putt she will give them the best BJ they've ever had. Golfer #2 says, "Aim left about 3 feet. Golfer #1 says, "Wrong, aim for the center of the cup." Golfer #3 looks at her and quickly says, "Pick it up, it's a gimme!"

Well played.. :lol:

Two women teed off on the first hole, par four. After six shots they finally got to the 150 yard marker. A foursome on the tee yelled to let them play through, but the women ignored them and kept playing. After another six shots they sunk their putts. Same thing happened on the second hole, and one of the foursome behind them got tired of waiting and hit his drive, and hit one of the women right in the head, and knocked her out cold. She came to a few minutes later and went and told the starter on the first tee. He asked where she was hit, and she said, between the first and second hole. The starter said, "Lady, you're standing with your legs too far apart."

BTW, Tigger is tied for 53rd after the first round of the Cadillac championship, with a +4, 76 round. #1 huh. pft!

Last edited:
The super human shot +6 yesterday at the Cadillac Championship, tied for 25th.

Forum List

Back