NRC certifies new, small, modular, light-water reactor design

Crick

Gold Member
May 10, 2014
N/A

Cost seems to be an issue, but, at least for the moment they say its competitive. And green with a slight Cerenkov purplish-blue tinge...

Price? ... we've always been able to do this, it's just really fucking expensive ... and we can't put them in places like the Gaza Strip ... do you know how embarrassing it is for the Palestinians to have to rely on ... Jews ... for electric power? ...

Whenever California droughts, all that rain falls on the Columbia River Watershed ... which in turn produces renewable energy for California ...

What shortfall? ... the danger is flooding ...
The one that’s coming. Not everyone is blessed with hydro.

California is blessed with hydro ... just the normal replacement cycle for nuclear has been interrupted ... What's $20 billion gonna cost when we do build these things? ...
No telling. They’re going to have to experience their predictable surprises from wind and solar before they find that out.

No telling. They’re going to have to experience their predictable surprises from wind and solar before they find that out.

Is that wrong? ... what is a "predictable surprise"? ... do you have any clue what-so-ever about how SUNNY it is in California ... they tax it in San Diego ... just look at them prices !!! ...

I've lived in San Antonio ... I know exactly how sunny it is in Texas ...

Is that wrong? ... what is a "predictable surprise"? ... do you have any clue what-so-ever about how SUNNY it is in California ... they tax it in San Diego ... just look at them prices !!! ...
A predictable surprise is something that could and should have be known beforehand such as converting all electricity generation to wind and solar will lead to significant reliability and supply disruptions.

A predictable surprise is something that could and should have be known beforehand such as converting all electricity generation to wind and solar will lead to significant reliability and supply disruptions.

We've outlawed coal-fired power plants in Oregon ... with the hydro backbone to our energy economy, we can afford to invest in wind/solar with every expectation of a positive return, including routine maintenance and replacement ...

Places which rely on burning coal for their energy economy cannot in any seriousness begin the process of outlawing the burning of coal ... like Oregon has done ... for these places, wind/solar extends the supply of coal at current prices, thus saving money in the future ...

I'm a liberal, the Free Market solution is always best ... do what makes dollar-sense for yourself ... and trust that's what's best for society at-large ... the Rich are supposed to be getting richer, or what's the point of being Rich? ...

We've outlawed coal-fired power plants in Oregon ... with the hydro backbone to our energy economy, we can afford to invest in wind/solar with every expectation of a positive return, including routine maintenance and replacement ...

Places which rely on burning coal for their energy economy cannot in any seriousness begin the process of outlawing the burning of coal ... like Oregon has done ... for these places, wind/solar extends the supply of coal at current prices, thus saving money in the future ...

I'm a liberal, the Free Market solution is always best ... do what makes dollar-sense for yourself ... and trust that's what's best for society at-large ... the Rich are supposed to be getting richer, or what's the point of being Rich? ...
Our own government’s data shows that some rich people get poorer and some poor people get richer. But for the poor that get poorer and the rich that get richer there is a very simple explanation… they keep doing the same thing.

Our own government’s data shows that some rich people get poorer and some poor people get richer. But for the poor that get poorer and the rich that get richer there is a very simple explanation… they keep doing the same thing.

The poor are getting richer as well ... since when could the homeless afford fucking garbage? ... they eat garbage, they don't produce it, or we have a different problem ...

Go back to breeder reactors in the Gaza Strip ... why does this sound like a BAD idea? ... Chick likes it because he's an idiot ... what of yourself? ...

The poor are getting richer as well ... since when could the homeless afford fucking garbage? ... they eat garbage, they don't produce it, or we have a different problem ...

Go back to breeder reactors in the Gaza Strip ... why does this sound like a BAD idea? ... Chick likes it because he's an idiot ... what of yourself? ...
I like bad ideas. I think more people should embrace bad ideas.

Got it ... God only chastises those He loves and He loves the Jews the most ... why Christ commands His follows to be merciful to all ...
Christianity is a fightin' religion, damn you!!!! C.S. Lewis said so.

The OT is the story of what happens to a people who cycle between remembering and forgetting God. The reason they were the "chosen" ones is because they had a knack for telling stories and passing them on from generation to generation until some fool wrote them down. But they are the perfect example to contrast the two extremes of good ideas and bad ideas. God loves predictable surprises. He created them. I can almost hear him saying the beatings will continue until morale improves.

Forum List

Back