Carbon Offsets don't work

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
I can pay more so I can emit more while the plebes eat bugs.

That should do the trick.

They tried carbon credits when Obama was in office and it failed. WEF now says, due to the compliance it saw with Covid mandates and measures, they think they can succeed this time. In other words the populace has gotten dim-witted and docile enough that they can force it on them.

They'll make a ton of money imposing yet another massive tax on people, turn it into the latest grift for the rich and politicians, laugh their asses off on their yachts at how truly stupid people have become as they profit on this, while everyone else's standard of living is reduced.

I can pay more so I can emit more while the plebes eat bugs.

That should do the trick.

They tried carbon credits when Obama was in office and it failed.

No they didn't. It's never passed.

Well, yeah, that why I said they tried and it failed.

It was brought up. It was never tried. It's been brought up for years. Of course Obama would want it to boost Wall Street but even he couldn't sell it.

It was brought up. It was never tried. It's been brought up for years. Of course Obama would want it to boost Wall Street but even he couldn't sell it.
They tried to pass it and failed, yes, as in they tried to get it through, made an attempt.

I was against it then and was/am well aware of what happened and when.

They tried to pass it and failed, yes, as in they tried to get it through, made an attempt.

I was against it then and was/am well aware of what happened and when.

Link? They never tried to pass it. They had enough votes to pass it in Obama's first two years and did nothing.

I wonder who is going to collect the carbon bill from China and India. lol.

Xi Jinpeng is going to laugh his ass off as the West shoots itself in the collective ass yet again.

And, here's the rub with this stuff. We pass these types of measures and corporations will simply move to places they don't have to pay these additional fees. Jobs will be lost here, companies will move to these zones where nobody GAF and they will puke shit into the sky like it's a contest, while people's electric, gas and gasoline cost skyrockets and they think of new and interesting ways to leverage it, such as a tax on beef because cows fart.

This is a joke. Was then, is now.

Catastrophic AGW is nothing more than a political football. There’s no science behind it. Just a flawed computer model.

And then where did it go? Into oblivion. It was nothing more than what I complain about all the time. A show vote.
Yes, they tried and failed.

They would have passed it if they could have gotten the votes in the Senate. Republicans threatened a filibuster, but it is not as if it wasn't a real thing. They were expecting a win on this and they ended up having to fold, primarily because poll numbers showed the electorate hated it, as Obama's poll numbers went negative after the passage in House, so they pivoted to healthcare instead. A host of other issues happened in the meantime and it died in the Senate.

Yes, they tried and failed.

They would have passed it if they could have gotten the votes in the Senate. Republicans threatened a filibuster, but it is not as if it wasn't a real thing. They were expecting a win on this and they ended up having to fold, primarily because poll numbers showed the electorate hated it, as Obama's poll numbers went negative after the passage in House, so they pivoted to healthcare instead. A host of other issues happened in the meantime and it died in the Senate.

The Democrats had 60 in the Senate.

Of course they don't work. It isn't like a parking lot becomes a rain forest or a stand of woods become anything but a stand of woods just because somebody pays the owner $100K guilt money.

If Democrats could pass Obamacare they could have passed a climate act but they didn’t. Clearly they didn’t believe it was as important as they said it was.

Forum List

Back