China installing small nuclear reactor that will pay big for them...

The RED FLAG for me is that these are using water as a primary coolant ... the failure point of all major nuclear accidents (except Windscale used oxygen) ... because using water we'll need a containment structure ... that's just the way water is ... our future is with sodium coolant, this doesn't boil at reactor core temperatures ...

Westinghouse bankrupted out from underneath her nuclear core manufacturing facilities ... China is where we'll be buying any future cores ... good to see they're up to the task ... slave labor has it's rewards ...

No containment for liquid sodium?

And their favorite employee....joe biden.......is helping them to make it happen...

Biden?

Trump's 2nd favorite country at it again.

I wonder how many other secret bank accounts he has there or if this is a result of Ivanka's fast tracked patents?

Yesterday, the Chinese dropped the core module into the world’s first commercial small modular nuclear reactor.

We should actually be green around the gills at the news, nauseous with disgust that they can eat our lunch this way.
…which was, no doubt, funded in large part by Biden Inflation Reduction Action tax credits and subsidies allowing American climate cultists to buy Chinese solar and wind products.
----
The onshore small modular reactor is compact, efficient, clean as a whistle, and does it ever pack a reliable power punch.

With the way the Chinese have worked their design, the reactor is also adaptable for other uses, and China is looking to that versatility to further bolster their expansionist plans in the Pacific theater and Africa.

Apparently not ... the problem with liquid water is it turns to gaseous water ... blowing up pipes ... liquid sodium doesn't have that problem ...

Unless you're China, then you don't care if it blows up or not ...

The problem with liquid sodium is that it reacts poorly to oxygen and water.

The problem with liquid sodium is that it reacts poorly to oxygen and water.

Why we use pipes ... or ...

Just build the containment structure ... we both know them filthy hippy commie environmentalists will make us ... nevermind concrete is carbon-intensive ...

Metal oxidation is a slow process ... even at liquid sodium temperatures ... it's sodium and hydroxide (-OH) that's explosive ...

=====

I think we're convoluting two different ideas ... the small neighborhood power station running on thorium and big secure centralized power plants running on uranium or plutonium ... correct me if I'm wrong, but breaking open a thorium core isn't dangerous, spent fuel rods can be safely dumped at sea ...

We have decades ... some say even longer ... before oil runs out ... so let's use this time we do have wisely ... and use renewables where they make economic sense ... like hydro near rivers, wind where it's windy and solar in the desert ... keep your women well fed and you'll stay warm in North Dakota ...

But if you're made of money, go ahead and commute 75 miles a day in an F-150 ...

Forum List

Back