NOW the GOP wants to change the Filibuster rules?

It is beyond HYPOCRITICAL that NaziCons now want to abolish the Senate filibuster. They don't like it when BOTH sides can play the same silly fucking un-American games.
As it is also hypocritical for you to whine about this, while Uncle Harry changed rules when convenient.
Cam you link me the thread where you bitched about him?

STFU
:cuckoo:

Did Harry ever try to use the so-called "nuclear option" to end filibustering?
Yes

10/07/11 01:10 AM EDT

In a shocking development Thursday evening, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) triggered a rarely used procedural option informally called the “nuclear option” to change the Senate rules.

Reid and 50 members of his caucus voted to change Senate rules unilaterally to prevent Republicans from forcing votes on uncomfortable amendments after the chamber has voted to move to final passage of a bill.

Reid’s coup passed by a vote of 51-48, leaving Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) fuming.
Reid triggers nuclear option to change Senate rules end repeat filibusters TheHill

Now answer my question, you dishonest fuck.
Where is your thread bitching about it
:fu:

Wow, for a so-called Christian you sure are a nasty little fucker. I forgive you...

Why Harry Reid Had to Use the ‘Nuclear Option’ - The New York Times
You went from denying it to trying to justify it.

I warned then that this would happen if the GOP gained control of the Senate.

Each and every time the Democrats muck with the system to pass their radical ideology onto the rest of us, you can count on that same behavior from the GOP.

That is why in the past (before that criminal Reid gained control of the Senate) both parties took extraordinary care to keep the rules intact so that the free for all would not be used against them in the future.

Now, live with the consequences of your immature pandering.

Yep then the teabaggers can have a phone and pen........see how that game is played............make the libs gag on their lawlessness

The consequences being ... well, no negative consequences at all for Democrats. If the senate doesn't block it, Obama just vetos it.

And then, after 2016, with a Democratic president and Senate, the Republicans are screwed hard.

So, still planning on changing the filibuster rules?

yeah cause all ya got is propaganda..........Scott Walker has died a thousand lib deathes in the media.......

McCarthy: GOP Should Abolish Filibuster
McCarthy GOP Should Abolish Filibuster - Breitbart
You can't make this shit up!
The GOP sets records for the number of attempted Senate clotures when they aren't in power, but when they gain power, all of a sudden they want to change the rules.
Does anyone think the Dems will agree? They had been crying and moaning about the GOP's historical clotures approach. Now, how will they feel about it now?
All this "party first" by both parties continues as America continues to spin it's wheels.

This is hardly surprising

I always thought if it's good for the goose it's good for the gander. or does that change when it's the other party wanting to do it.

I just want to see them Crush the Democrats. After six miserable years of that nasty Obama and his nasty party...

I don't care how they do it

The Democrats invoked the rule as it applies to judicial appointees, not legislation, so that federal judicial nominees and executive-office appointments can advance to confirmation votes by a simple majority of senators.

The GOP is talking about doing away with the filibuster as it applies to legislation. Get your facts right, folks.

Repubs hear your cry that govt doesnt work so lets make it easier........we have to fix it cause you said its broken

It would be irresponsible not to listen to the American people on this bi-partisan issue.

It is beyond HYPOCRITICAL that NaziCons now want to abolish the Senate filibuster. They don't like it when BOTH sides can play the same silly fucking un-American games.
As it is also hypocritical for you to whine about this, while Uncle Harry changed rules when convenient.
Cam you link me the thread where you bitched about him?

STFU
:cuckoo:

Did Harry ever try to use the so-called "nuclear option" to end filibustering?
He not only tried it. He succeeded. WHere the fuck have you been?

The Democrats invoked the rule as it applies to judicial appointees, not legislation, so that federal judicial nominees and executive-office appointments can advance to confirmation votes by a simple majority of senators.

The GOP is talking about doing away with the filibuster as it applies to legislation. Get your facts right, folks.
Regardless of the reason.
Dems have reason to change rules = good
Reps have reason to change rules = bad

Simple really

Simple really

So why do you believe that? I mean, you don't see any Democrats saying that, only Republicans, so you Republicans need to explain it.
Your silence said it.

Just like I asked Lakunta; Where's the Dem threads bitching bout Reid changing procedural rules?

Simple really

So why do you believe that? I mean, you don't see any Democrats saying that, only Republicans, so you Republicans need to explain it.
Your silence said it.

Just like I asked Lakunta; Where's the Dem threads bitching bout Reid changing procedural rules?

Where are the RWnut thread NOT bitching about it.

I agree! Facts and truth are irrelevant to NaziCons. To my knowledge, Harry Reid never used the so-called "nuclear option" regarding legislation.

The rule change does not apply to Supreme Court nominations or to legislation.

Reid, Democrats trigger 'nuclear' option; eliminate most filibusters on nominees - The Washington Post

Last edited:
Horty, you don't understand.

Pointing out your hypocrisy does not make us hypocrites. This point of this thread was to point out your hypocrisy and laugh at it.

That senator is just bluffing. They GOP doesn't dare. They know they're back in the minority after 2016. And until then, a presidential veto gives the same results as a Democratic filibuster, therefore losing the filibuster doesn't cost the Democrats anything.

What's good for the goose...

Forum List

Back