NOW the GOP wants to change the Filibuster rules?

Another amazingly distorted OP. One key fact missing from the OP is that Republicans have resorted to so many cloture votes over the last several years because there have been so many radical, far-left proposals made in Congress over that same time period. Obama's election saw the introduction of numerous far-left pieces of legislation, and thank goodness the Republicans managed to block or force modifications on many of them.

Democrats didn't have to resort to cloture votes when they were in the minority because the Republicans did not introduce a bunch of crazy bills. And what exactly did Democrats block when they were in the minority? Humm, let's see: bills to reform Freddie and Fannie to stop them from securing/financing so many sub-prime mortgages (and we all paid dearly for the Democrats' demagoguery on that issue), bills to drastically improve border security, bills to take advantage of our huge offshore oil resources, a balanced budget amendment (yeah, and now we're $18 trillion in debt), an immigration reform bill that included tough border security actions and vigorous workforce enforcement in exchange for varying degrees of legalization for illegals based on their circumstances, etc., etc.
Democrats only used it when it counted, not on every fucking thing no matter what and yes, the republicans did indeed try to pass some crazy bills. Also no F+F reform bill ever passed congress until democrats took over in 2006, kind of blows your theory that they blocked it. Prior bills died in the house banking committee because members were loath to impose regulation on anything.
*sniff* *sniff* But, but, the dems only did it when it counted! Leave the dems alooooone!

Fuck you.

Another amazingly distorted OP. One key fact missing from the OP is that Republicans have resorted to so many cloture votes over the last several years because there have been so many radical, far-left proposals made in Congress over that same time period. Obama's election saw the introduction of numerous far-left pieces of legislation, and thank goodness the Republicans managed to block or force modifications on many of them.

Democrats didn't have to resort to cloture votes when they were in the minority because the Republicans did not introduce a bunch of crazy bills. And what exactly did Democrats block when they were in the minority? Humm, let's see: bills to reform Freddie and Fannie to stop them from securing/financing so many sub-prime mortgages (and we all paid dearly for the Democrats' demagoguery on that issue), bills to drastically improve border security, bills to take advantage of our huge offshore oil resources, a balanced budget amendment (yeah, and now we're $18 trillion in debt), an immigration reform bill that included tough border security actions and vigorous workforce enforcement in exchange for varying degrees of legalization for illegals based on their circumstances, etc., etc.
Democrats only used it when it counted, not on every fucking thing no matter what and yes, the republicans did indeed try to pass some crazy bills. Also no F+F reform bill ever passed congress until democrats took over in 2006, kind of blows your theory that they blocked it. Prior bills died in the house banking committee because members were loath to impose regulation on anything.
*sniff* *sniff* But, but, the dems only did it when it counted! Leave the dems alooooone!

Fuck you.
The numbers bear out the truth of my statement.

Dems have reason to change rules = good
Reps have reason to change rules = bad

Simple really

So why do you believe that? I mean, you don't see any Democrats saying that, only Republicans, so you Republicans need to explain it.
No we don't. All we need to do is play the same rules games you assholes do and pass what we want. You got obiecare that way, you wanted judges installed that way and obie doesn't care about any rules or laws just EO's.

Fuck you. You made this bed. As long as we have power we will use what you made up as rules out of thin air. You lawless fuckers chose this path let's hope it bites you in the ass.
AMEN!

Harry Reid stuffed over 300 house bills in the garbage for six years! That's not getting the work of the people done!

Don't you mean four years?
Math is a problem for you. As well as calenders and clocks.

????

The Democrats controlled the House until the beginning of 2011....

2014 - 2010 = 4 years
Ried controlled the Senate for six years under obie you idiot. Or did you completely lose track of what the post was?

Umm..okay then the post is still wrong since Reid held majority leader in the Senate since 2007, which would make it 8 years....

Harry Reid stuffed over 300 house bills in the garbage for six years! That's not getting the work of the people done!

????

2014 - 2010 = 4 years
Ried controlled the Senate for six years under obie you idiot. Or did you completely lose track of what the post was?

Umm..okay then the post is still wrong since Reid held majority leader in the Senate since 2007, which would make it 8 years....
So you admit your failure and still have added exactly nothing to this conversation. Nice job you stupid fuck.

????

2014 - 2010 = 4 years

Irrelevant.
Reid changed the rules, after Dems threatened the GOP that doing so would bring Armaggedon. Dems lie. They are lying scumbags. ANd now its time for the GOP to pay them back.
Scrap the filibuster. Just scrap it entirely.

????

2014 - 2010 = 4 years

Irrelevant.
Reid changed the rules, after Dems threatened the GOP that doing so would bring Armaggedon. Dems lie. They are lying scumbags. ANd now its time for the GOP to pay them back.
Yes, I think they should do that, I really do. It will not change a thing and they will have to sit there totally impotent by their own hand come 2017.

????

2014 - 2010 = 4 years

Irrelevant.
Yes, I think they should do that, I really do. It will not change a thing and they will have to sit there totally impotent by their own hand come 2017.
Currently the GOP does not have enough votges to overcome Democrat obstruction. With a simple majority bills will go to Obama and he can live with vetoing every one of them.

????

2014 - 2010 = 4 years

Irrelevant.
Currently the GOP does not have enough votges to overcome Democrat obstruction. With a simple majority bills will go to Obama and he can live with vetoing every one of them.
Then let him do that. As long as the bills are what the majority wants he will only hurt the dems. And that's a good thing.

What a lot of people don't realize it's not just the Democrats that would be against removing the filibuster, a lot of the GOP Senators wouldn't like giving up that power either, like Ted Cruz or Mike Lee, who don't always like the bills the establishment Repubs try to push through.

????

2014 - 2010 = 4 years

Irrelevant.
I think he can easily live with vetoing shit since he is not running again so where is the strategic advantage to getting rid of the filibuster?

Irrelevant.
I think he can easily live with vetoing shit since he is not running again so where is the strategic advantage to getting rid of the filibuster?
Obama's legacy will be the president who obstructed Congress. Somehow I dont think thats what he wants to be remembered for.

What a lot of people don't realize it's not just the Democrats that would be against removing the filibuster, a lot of the GOP Senators wouldn't like giving up that power either, like Ted Cruz or Mike Lee, who don't always like the bills the establishment Repubs try to push through.
Oh so now we're concerned about the power of our elective reps not being over ridden and completely avoided with EO's. Well that's an interesting turn of events.

I'd have to see the previously attempted Bills and compare them to the one that passed.
I'd be willing to bet that it had more to do with Pork than substance

Irrelevant.
He can live, the dems can't. Let him veto everything it may finally kill of your racist hack of a party.

I'd have to see the previously attempted Bills and compare them to the one that passed.
I'd be willing to bet that it had more to do with Pork than substance
Nope, they were the same bill but that is beside the fact that Wall Street fraud. recklessness and speculation in the housing market crashed the economy, not poor people buying houses.

Irrelevant.
He can live, the dems can't. Let him veto everything it may finally kill of your racist hack of a party.
That's fine but notice the guy who suggested they end it was a member of the house, republican senators might not be as stupid as he is.

Irrelevant.
Obama's legacy will be the president who obstructed Congress. Somehow I dont think thats what he wants to be remembered for.

You mean the guy with the second lowest vetoes in history. What's the legacy for the other 40+ presidents....
Remember twice many people voted for Obama as did for Congress...

Forum List

Back