November Predictions

The Republicans will take control of the Senate and gain seats in Congress. Net result for Republicans: Nothing. Nothing but continued political stalemate.
Yes, I agree. In fact, the "mainstream media" has already announced election results, beginning weeks ago. It will be a Republican house and senate.

There really is no practical "democratic process" in this country any longer, since elections have become fully controlled by media messaging. And the messages are purchased by those with the greatest interest and wealth. Americans are truly sheep.

If that prediction is accurate then the hundreds of house-passed bills sitting on Reid's desk will finally get a vote in the senate. Then Obama will have to go on record if he vetoes job creation bills, budget bills, and others that the country wants and needs.

He will be the lamest of lame ducks. Book tee times for him every day after the new congress is sworn in.

If that prediction is accurate then the hundreds of house-passed bills sitting on Reid's desk will finally get a vote in the senate. Then Obama will have to go on record if he vetoes job creation bills, budget bills, and others that the country wants and needs.

He will be the lamest of lame ducks. Book tee times for him every day after the new congress is sworn in.

Indeed. The Congress will get back to actively working (after years of Harry "Howdy Doody" Reid doing Obama's bidding) and then it will rest with that incompetent slob in the White House. One thing for sure, however, work WILL get done (finally) in the Congress and it will be up to Barry to either WORK with the Congress or doom his party to irrelevance in 2016.

My guess? Like you - I believe that he will spend more time than ever on the golf course. :)

The Republicans will take control of the Senate and gain seats in Congress. Net result for Republicans: Nothing. Nothing but continued political stalemate.
Yes, I agree. In fact, the "mainstream media" has already announced election results, beginning weeks ago. It will be a Republican house and senate.

There really is no practical "democratic process" in this country any longer, since elections have become fully controlled by media messaging. And the messages are purchased by those with the greatest interest and wealth. Americans are truly sheep.

You know, I "sort of" agree with you but I disagree with you more. Have you ever watched these shows where the reporter goes out into a crowd of people and asks simple questions like "Who is the Vice-President?" or "Who is the Secretary of State" or "Whose picture is on the dollar bill?" or "Name the three branches of government"

Now, I'm an old man (70 to be exact). I could answer all of those questions without ever taking a breath. Yet, recent College graduates can't point to Afghanistan on a map - or, in most case, can't find Germany or Bolivia. They have no clue what a Civics class is or what the purpose of "government" is. They can't tell you the first line of the Declaration of Independence.

But they damn sure can tell you who Kim Kardashian is screwing at the moment.

These "citizens" don't give two shits-in-the-wind about the "news media" unless it's TMZ. So, your idea that it is the "media pronouncement" that determines elections is, in my opinion, without merit. Thee "voters" have to actually WATCH or READ the media in order to be influenced by it.

No Sir, thanks to our public school system, we have raised a nation or veritable idiots - not an informed electorate.

Isn't that what the Liberal Nazi's in this country set out to do? Congratulations. They succeeded.

Gee we only have what? four threads on this going.
Yes, a GOP Senate will force votes on issues that Democrats will have to own going into the next election. And Obama will have to own as a veto.

Republicans gain seats in the House.

Republicans most likely win the Senate.

the following 2 years produce a mirror image of the GOP walking the SAME party line, chanting the same tired mantra, attacking the same pet projects they do regardless if the have a majority in one or both houses ... tax cuts, SS, abortion, yada yada yada ... the people are sick and tired of their BS and equally as sick of the loony RW's that support it and their elected politicians... 2016 Clinton comes into the equation, wins, and the people have some sense of confidence again ... fast forward to 2020, the Republicans have had time to bitch about Clinton and do NOTHING else, the people are really of sick of idiot RW's and vote them out AGAIN, the DEMS take back the House and the Senate .. and the RW's whine about everything under the sun being the Dems fault.

If you've lived long enough to see it before, and you live long enough, you'll see it again ... and again.

"You know, I "sort of" agree with you but I disagree with you more. Have you ever watched these shows where the reporter goes out into a crowd of people and asks simple questions like "Who is the Vice-President?" or "Who is the Secretary of State" or "Whose picture is on the dollar bill?" or "Name the three branches of government"
Now, I'm an old man (70 to be exact). I could answer all of those questions without ever taking a breath. Yet, recent College graduates can't point to Afghanistan on a map - or, in most case, can't find Germany or Bolivia. They have no clue what a Civics class is or what the purpose of "government" is. They can't tell you the first line of the Declaration of Independence.
But they damn sure can tell you who Kim Kardashian is screwing at the moment.
These "citizens" don't give two shits-in-the-wind about the "news media" unless it's TMZ. So, your idea that it is the "media pronouncement" that determines elections is, in my opinion, without merit. Thee "voters" have to actually WATCH or READ the media in order to be influenced by it.
No Sir, thanks to our public school system, we have raised a nation or veritable idiots - not an informed electorate.
Isn't that what the Liberal Nazi's in this country set out to do? Congratulations. They succeeded."

You shouldn't base your assessment of Americans upon some selected "man on the street" gigs on a talk show. You don't see the ones that affirm education and intelligence.

This, in fact, is a major problem with corporate media--you are presented with only provocative, outrageous "news," and it becomes easy to believe that it is representative or important.

News is gone . . . now we have "polititainment," like Hannity and Fox and MSNBC. That's intentional, by the way . . . you are much more easily controlled, and your reaction is predictable.

Republicans do well when the majority of voters are too apathetic or discouraged to participate.

Yes, a GOP Senate will force votes on issues that Democrats will have to own going into the next election. And Obama will have to own as a veto.

Then why don't you go comment on one of those threads instead of wasting everyone's time.

Then why don't you go comment on one of those threads instead of wasting everyone's time.

He's lost in time, thinking that Obama's going to run again. LOL!!!

Forum List

Back