Not The Onion: Climate Change Causing Ocean Floor To Sink Under Water Weight From Melting Glaciers

And what you are giving me is hypothesis based on models...not anything actually observed or measured in the real world...again, unable to differentiate between what is real and what is not.
You are certainly wrong there. Vibrating charges have been observed to radiate countless times.

The point is that you posted nothing pertinent. You haven't shown that vibrating atoms can not radiate in toward a hotter substance.

No...when I speak of the 2nd law, I am speaking of all forms of energy which is why I bothered to mention boulders at the top of a hill...you believed that THERMOdynamics only dealt with thermal energy and said pretty clearly that that was why it was called THERMOdynamics. Spoken like a true putz...and now you are trying to weasel out of it in a manger that must make all putzes proud.
Tell my why a boulder sitting on top of a hill and not moving has anything to do with thermodynamics.

Because it represents potential energy...and if you start it rolling, it demonstrates transitional kinetic energy. It is unfortunate that all of this has escaped you for so long...this is basic stuff...and if you don't know this, then all you believe you know about thermodynamics is suspect.
Everyone knows about translational KE. You missed the point, and posted another non sequitur. A boulder sitting on top of a hill and not moving has nothing to do with thermodynamics.

Of course it does...Here..I will give you a link to a physics site that with some work you might begin to understand...

The second law of thermodynamics - how energy flows from useful to useless.

A little over half way down the page there is an illustration of a circuit involving a battery, a light bulb and a switch...the paragraph just below it explains it in terms you might understand...or then again, you might not...since you don't seem to be able to grasp that anything to do with energy of any sort is governed by the 2nd law of thermodynamics...and thermodynamics isn't just about things that are thermal. The example has you holding a rock above your head which may seem different than a rock sitting at the top of a hill, but trust me, the principles are the same...try not to be confused. The paragraph says:

Hold a rock over your head. The gravitational potential energy is there. Let go of the rock and it gets pulled down to the ground (or your head if you're not careful). The rock's potentialenergy is converted to kinetic energy as it rushes to get to the lower energy level of the ground. When it hits the ground the kinetic energy is converted to sound waves and low-grade thermal energy, heating up the rock and the ground.

And what you are giving me is hypothesis based on models...not anything actually observed or measured in the real world...again, unable to differentiate between what is real and what is not.
You are certainly wrong there. Vibrating charges have been observed to radiate countless times.

Who is arguing that atoms vibrate, or that object radiate...what has not been observed is energy moving spontaneously from cool to warm..in any amount.

No...when I speak of the 2nd law, I am speaking of all forms of energy which is why I bothered to mention boulders at the top of a hill...you believed that THERMOdynamics only dealt with thermal energy and said pretty clearly that that was why it was called THERMOdynamics. Spoken like a true putz...and now you are trying to weasel out of it in a manger that must make all putzes proud.
Tell my why a boulder sitting on top of a hill and not moving has anything to do with thermodynamics.

Because it represents potential energy...and if you start it rolling, it demonstrates transitional kinetic energy. It is unfortunate that all of this has escaped you for so long...this is basic stuff...and if you don't know this, then all you believe you know about thermodynamics is suspect.
Everyone knows about translational KE. You missed the point, and posted another non sequitur. A boulder sitting on top of a hill and not moving has nothing to do with thermodynamics.

Of course it does...Here..I will give you a link to a physics site that with some work you might begin to understand...

A little over half way down the page there is an illustration of a circuit involving a battery, a light bulb and a switch...the paragraph just below it explains it in terms you might understand...or then again, you might not...since you don't seem to be able to grasp that anything to do with energy of any sort is governed by the 2nd law of thermodynamics...and thermodynamics isn't just about things that are thermal. The example has you holding a rock above your head which may seem different than a rock sitting at the top of a hill, but trust me, the principles are the same...try not to be confused. The paragraph says:

Hold a rock over your head. The gravitational potential energy is there. Let go of the rock and it gets pulled down to the ground (or your head if you're not careful). The rock's potentialenergy is converted to kinetic energy as it rushes to get to the lower energy level of the ground. When it hits the ground the kinetic energy is converted to sound waves and low-grade thermal energy, heating up the rock and the ground.
In my post you missed the phrase "not moving"/

The point is that you posted nothing pertinent. You haven't shown that vibrating atoms can not radiate in toward a hotter substance.

Every observation and measurement ever made bears out that claim...no observation or measurement of spontaneous two way energy flow has ever been made because it does not happen..we have instruments that can detect energy movement but they don't detect energy moving spontaneously from cool to warm..

In my post you missed the phrase "not moving"/
Not moving indicates potential energy...also a topic of thermodynamics...sorry that this is all so far over your head, and even more sorry that you have exposed the fact that you are a know nothing blowhard who doesn't have the slightest idea what he is talking about.

Every observation and measurement ever made bears out that claim...no observation or measurement of spontaneous two way energy flow has ever been made because it does not happen..we have instruments that can detect energy movement but they don't detect energy moving spontaneously from cool to warm..
You haven't shown why vibrating atoms can not radiate toward a hotter substance.

Not moving indicates potential energy...also a topic of thermodynamics...sorry that this is all so far over your head, and even more sorry that you have exposed the fact that you are a know nothing blowhard who doesn't have the slightest idea what he is talking about.
You still haven't indicated why a still boulder on a hill has anything to do with thermodynamics. I see you are resorting to angry vindictives again. You usually do that to mask the fact that you have no counter argument.

You haven't shown why vibrating atoms can not radiate toward a hotter substance.

And I am not going to pretend to know why...what I do know is that the Second LAW of thermodynamics says that energy will not move spontaneously from cool to warm...I don't need to know why...all I need to know is that is what the law says and that it got to be a law because every observation and measurement ever made had the same result...and if energy is ever observed moving spontaneously from cool to warm, then they will change the law to reflect two way energy movement...let me know when that happens.

You still haven't indicated why a still boulder on a hill has anything to do with thermodynamics. I see you are resorting to angry vindictives again. You usually do that to mask the fact that you have no counter argument.

You have been given an explanation in the most basic terms possible...if you don't get it then you have my pity...my profound heartfelt pity because no one really deserves to be that stupid..if you feel like asking again, the answer is to refer to the kiddie site I provided or perhaps google potential energy and learn how it is encompassed in the topic of thermodynamics....I clearly can't dumb myself down enough to make you understand...my failing I guess.

Let go of the rock and it gets pulled down to the ground
Of course a falling boulder increases entropy. It's moving. You were talking about a stationary boulder, and now you change it to moving. You are trying to deflect the argument with another non sequitur.

You still haven't indicated why a non-moving boulder on a hill has anything to do with thermodynamics. However, I really don't care what you think. It's not relevant to radiation exchange of objects.

And I am not going to pretend to know why...what I do know is that the Second LAW of thermodynamics says that energy will not move spontaneously from cool to warm...I don't need to know why...all I need to know is that is what the law says and that it got to be a law because every observation and measurement ever made had the same result...and if energy is ever observed moving spontaneously from cool to warm, then they will change the law to reflect two way energy movement...let me know when that happens.
The SLoT does not prohibit 2-way radiation at the atomic level. Period.
You say you don't know why. Science does. Lattice vibrations causes all surfaces to emit radiation.
They don't need to change the law. The SLoT already allows EM energy exchange as long as entropy theory is not violated.

The SLoT does not prohibit 2-way radiation at the atomic level. Period.
You say you don't know why. Science does. Lattice vibrations causes all surfaces to emit radiation.
They don't need to change the law. The SLoT already allows EM energy exchange as long as entropy theory is not violated.

No, the second law doesn't prevent anything...the 2nd law is just a statement about reality...nature prevents two way energy flow..the 2nd law only makes this easily knowable to all but the most stupid.

talk and talk and talk..and say nothing... Energy can not move spontaneously from cool to warm...let me know when they change the second law of thermodynamics to say otherwise...

Last edited:
However, I really don't care what you think. It's not relevant to radiation exchange of objects.

Of course you don't...nor do you care that there are literally hundreds of thousands of hits on the web that delve into the fact that potential energy is a topic of thermodynamics...you hold to your gross misunderstanding of what is and isn't under the umbrella of thermodynamics as if it were something to be proud of. Your belief that because the term is "thermo"dynamics that the topic only deals with radiation is just one more example of your profound ignorance. If it weren't so sad, it would be funny...what makes it funny is you pretending to have a clue...you get slapped down on one fundamental misunderstanding only to double down on an even bigger fundamental misunderstanding in a seemingly never ending chain of fundamental misunderstandings...and from all that ignorance you believe that you hold some superior knowledge...

Can't you fools understand, the ocean is sinking and will drown itself!

.nature prevents two way energy flow.
All of sciences says you are wrong. If you think otherwise, it is your obligation to give a mechanism why vibrating atoms can't radiate, and why cool molecules can't hit a hotter surface.

However, I really don't care what you think. It's not relevant to radiation exchange of objects.

Of course you don't...nor do you care that there are literally hundreds of thousands of hits on the web that delve into the fact that potential energy is a topic of thermodynamics...you hold to your gross misunderstanding of what is and isn't under the umbrella of thermodynamics as if it were something to be proud of. Your belief that because the term is "thermo"dynamics that the topic only deals with radiation is just one more example of your profound ignorance. If it weren't so sad, it would be funny...what makes it funny is you pretending to have a clue...you get slapped down on one fundamental misunderstanding only to double down on an even bigger fundamental misunderstanding in a seemingly never ending chain of fundamental misunderstandings...and from all that ignorance you believe that you hold some superior knowledge...

OK. Tell me how the potential energy of your elevated boulder sitting still has anything to do with radiation physics. I'm just responding to your example.

.nature prevents two way energy flow.
All of sciences says you are wrong. If you think otherwise, it is your obligation to give a mechanism why vibrating atoms can't radiate, and why cool molecules can't hit a hotter surface.

What an idiot...since we don't understand the mechanism of energy exchange, exactly what do you want? All we know for sure is what we see...and we see that energy moves on one direction...from warm to cool...every time we look, we see the same thing...

No one has ever observed, or measured energy moving spontaneously from cool to warm...so if all of science believes in a model over reality, then that is to bad for science...and beleiving that because " all of science" (not true at all but hey, you don't seem to ever get anything right)...says that it is true, then it must be true is a matter of faith..not rational critical thinking. Science is clearly a religion to you and you see science as all knowing all seeing...you couldn't be more wrong.

OK. Tell me how the potential energy of your elevated boulder sitting still has anything to do with radiation physics. I'm just responding to your example.

Thermodynanmics isn't just concerned with radiation...thermodynamics is concerned with all forms of energy...if you aren't capable of even grasping that basic bit of information, then you really aren't worth talking to..

Forum List

Back