"Not Sustainable"

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
This has become a common phrase in recent years, when applied to government over-spending and a number of other phenomena.

I haven't heard anyone use that phrase to describe the "stay-at-home" order.

But it is not sustainable. You can't just have the whole country stop what it's doing for an indefinite period. It cannot happen. It cannot continue for much longer. Every day, it seems like the restrictions get more and more onerous. In my own municipality (zero cases thus far) the Police are going around to houses where there are contractor trucks parked outside and demanding that the contractors "Go home!" Then they wait while the contractor gathers up his shit and leaves. A golf driving range had been operating with ZERO human-to-human contact, everything by machine - forced to close. Next will be the parks, where people are walking, running, and riding their bikes. Shortly, the only acceptable reason to go outside will be to let your dog take a shit.

Not sustainable. Millions upon millions losing their jobs. Millions of small businesses - and some substantial businesses - forced too close. Millions of landlords told to forego rents from distressed tenants. Will their banks say, "Don't worry about them mortgage payments!"? Perhaps not.

This is not sustainable. Some public figure will have to have the balls to open it up, even knowing that CV cases will spike. But THIS is not sustainable.

And the pity of it is, this is all for NOTHING. Because the spike will occur, whether it occurs tomorrow or six months from now. It WON'T MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE. The reason why we go through this is that NO POLITICIAN wants to be the first, and be blamed for the deaths that will inevitably occur.

I personally am inconvenienced by this, but it's not costing me anything. I'm retired. Money-wise, I'm actually saving a ton. No golf, no bowling, no restaurant meals, no motel bills (we often take overnight fun trips). I will save thousands on the cruises we would have taken later this year (although I'm planning a car trip that will not exactly be free). I just pity the people who have lost their livelihood.

This is not sustainable. Someone WILL put a stop to it. The only questions are who and when. And the number of cases will SPIKE, but we will be so fed up that the public will accept it. Why not now?

This has become a common phrase in recent years, when applied to government over-spending and a number of other phenomena.

But it is not sustainable. You can't just have the whole country stop what it's doing for an indefinite period. It cannot happen. It cannot continue for much longer. Every day, it seems like the restrictions get more and more onerous. In my own municipality (zero cases thus far) the Police are going around to houses where there are contractor trucks parked outside and demanding that the contractors "Go home!" Then they wait while the contractor gathers up his shit and leaves. A golf driving range had been operating with ZERO human-to-human contact, everything by machine - forced to close. Next will be the parks, where people are walking, running, and riding their bikes. Shortly, the only acceptable reason to go outside will be to let your dog take a shit.

Not sustainable. Millions upon millions losing their jobs. Millions of small businesses - and some substantial businesses - forced too close. Millions of landlords told to forego rents from distressed tenants. Will their banks say, "Don't worry about them mortgage payments!"? Perhaps not.

This is not sustainable. Some public figure will have to have the balls to open it up, even knowing that CV cases will spike. But THIS is not sustainable.

And the pity of it is, this is all for NOTHING. Because the spike will occur, whether it occurs tomorrow or six months from now. It WON'T MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE. The reason why we go through this is that NO POLITICIAN wants to be the first, and be blamed for the deaths that will inevitably occur.

I personally am inconvenienced by this, but it's not costing me anything. I'm retired. Money-wise, I'm actually saving a ton. No golf, no bowling, no restaurant meals, no motel bills (we often take overnight fun trips). I will save thousands on the cruises we would have taken later this year (although I'm planning a car trip that will not exactly be free). I just pity the people who have lost their livelihood.

This is not sustainable. Someone WILL put a stop to it. The only questions are who and when. And the number of cases will SPIKE, but we will be so fed up that the public will accept it. Why not now?
The reason you here no one talk about it is because they believe every body already knows. Yes this has to end and lets pray it ends soon.

There isn't much traffic on the roads which is good for the contractors.They can make more money instead of sitting in traffic.The one drawback is long lines at the banks making them wait to make deposits.

There isn't much traffic on the roads which is good for the contractors.They can make more money instead of sitting in traffic.The one drawback is long lines at the banks making them wait to make deposits.
I fish for a living and this is the start of my season. My boats are docked and I am so angry I can not see strait, all winter I look forward to my season and now I may not have it. I wish I could see a bright side currently but it is not easy.

The whole point of this is keep cases low enough that the hospitals do not have to decide who lives and who dies. Remember the farcical death panels you feared so much? You would force nurses and doctors to actually ration their resources based on the expectation of survival. The older, sicker patients denied care so that younger, healthier people could live. This will come to pass anyway where republican governors were slow to implement the orders necessary to fight this thing.

Now try it on a national level and you dont even have a garden hose on the fire...…...…….try a squirt gun. Congress did nothing that is going to matter in time for business

Last edited:
The whole point of this is keep cases low enough that the hospitals do not have to decide who lives and who dies. Remember the farcical death panels you feared so much? You would force nurses and doctors to actually ration their resources based on the expectation of survival. The older, sicker patients denied care so that younger, healthier people could live. This will come to pass anyway where republican governors were slow to implement the orders necessary to fight this thing.
Death panels for business.......

Why do you think democrats have been letting inmates out of prison? Those are the most likely to commit crimes and crimes of violence. This is orchestrated. This entire dempanic was orchestrated by democrats operating on the Cloward Piven strategy to end the United States as a capitalist country.

The democrat plan is working. They must be beside themselves.

Sure they can sustain it. Just add a few more zeros to the credit limits of the USA.

Hell, you have people in the United States actually clamoring for the government to lock them in and to take those who don't do as THEY think to jail.

In all of life, there is always ONLY one person you can control. Now, that has been abdicated for allowing the government to do the controlling for you, regardless of what you think.

When this passes and we discover that the virus was not as deadly as we thought and look at the smoking ruin of our country, will these same sheep then demand that we prosecute people who made these decisions? Who will be held responsible for the destruction of America?

You see, our destruction is being wrought by ourselves and we are gladly, joyfully, marching to the scaffolding of our own hanging.

I fish for a living and this is the start of my season. My boats are docked and I am so angry I can not see strait, all winter I look forward to my season and now I may not have it. I wish I could see a bright side currently but it is not easy.
Perhaps you will come to your senses and stop voting for democrats and stop believing the media?

Perhaps you will come to your senses and stop voting for democrats and stop believing the media?
well mikey you know I love ya buddy. we want the same things just disagree on how to get there. You look into any more info on your survival shleter. Waht did ya think about that bladder solution for electric. Have you considered how to mix into the surrounding and avoid siege fort situation?

I don't have a survival shelter. But you are steeped in stupid if you keep voting for your dem vermin. But, why don't you just take your boat out anyway and go fishing? You have to work right?

Straight.

I don't have a survival shelter. But you are steeped in stupid if you keep voting for your dem vermin. But, why don't you just take your boat out anyway and go fishing? You have to work right?
fuckers wont let me put any one on my boats. damn social distancing. I am heading up there this evening. The lake is on fire. On thursday I good friend of mine wnet into the western basin, limited on wall eye in an hour. then wnet over by cataba island limited on perch in two hours. Drove up to vermillion and limited on steele head all in one day. That is about $800 dollars in fish fillet if you can find a place open to sell it. That could take the sting off of not filling my boats. I will be on locust reef tomorrow at sunrise. I stayed in town last night because a girl half my age wanted to break some social distancing regs with me. Had a good noght. Now hopefull a full well on the boat tomorrow.

Now try it on a national level and you dont even have a garden hose on the fire...…...…….try a squirt gun. Congress did nothing that is going to matter in time for business

Yeah, my state has me shut down, i've applied for CARES , which is my only option to survive the next few months

So my peers and I who have applied keep asking.....

screen_shot_2015-03-25_at_12.58.35_pm.png

~S~

Yeah, my state has me shut down, i've applied for CARES , which is my only option to survive the next few months

So my peers and I who have applied keep asking.....

screen_shot_2015-03-25_at_12.58.35_pm.png

~S~
just as soon as they reload that squirtgun it'll be right out. wife has tax prep business...applied for something that paid employees which are now laid off.....forget what her number was but by the time they work their way down to her it will all be over.

If you do your fishing alone, why can't you be out there still? I've never fished a day in my life and so I know nothing about how it all goes for those of y'all with experience with or without a paycheck included for it.

God bless you always!!!

Holly (age 38 on June 30th)

Forum List

Back