Not Easy For NATO To Trust Biden

I never said the military didn't have a plan...I said Biden ignored it...

As I said, the General testified under oath that Biden ordered them to create the withdrawal plans after he decided to go ahead with the planned withdrawal.

As I said, the General testified under oath that Biden ordered them to create the withdrawal plans after he decided to go ahead with the planned withdrawal.
"...after he decided to go ahead with the planned withdrawal."

Thank you so much.

My point exactly... Biden decided.

That's been my point from the beginning.

I appreciate your honesty.

Show me where a said the military didn't have a plan Señor Strawman.

I never said the military didn't have a plan...I said Biden ignored it...

Washington (CNN) -
President Joe Biden ordered the withdrawal of US forces from Afghanistan over the advice of some of his senior-most advisers in the Pentagon and State Department, leaders who are now charged with carrying out the particulars of the complicated drawdown.
Multiple current and former officials tell CNN that those advisers -- including Chairman of the Joint Chiefs Gen. Mark Milley, leader of US Central Command Gen. Frank McKenzie and some State Department officials -- expressed concerns about what a full withdrawal might mean for the US counter-terror mission. They also expressed concern about the security of US diplomats based there.

That's CNN...not Fox News.
The Generals wanted to keep boots on the ground. They disagreed with TRUMP and Biden. Just to be real here.

And there are people in the military who really did want to stay, even if it meant their possible deployment and even capture by the Taliban.

"...after he decided to go ahead with the planned withdrawal."

Thank you so much.

My point exactly... Biden decided.

That's been my point from the beginning.

I appreciate your honesty.
Yeah that what his job is. That planned withdrawal agreement was the reason there was a truce between American allied forces and the Taliban. There were no contingency plans for the May 1st withdrawal date left for the new administration. Biden approved of the Generals withdrawal plans. He didn't dismiss their plan, he approved them.

Let me remind you what you yourself said...in your own words...directly quoted...

"As I said, the General testified under oath that Biden ordered them to create the withdrawal plans after he decided to go ahead with the planned withdrawal."

BIDEN DECIDED to go ahead with the withdrawl AND HE ORDERED THEM to CREATE a withdrawal plan!

It was BIDEN'S DECISION AND THE PLAN WAS ORDERED AND APPROVED BY BIDEN.

All the dancing around, finger pointing and misdirection in the world cannot obfuscate the truth of your own statement.

Let me remind you what you yourself said...in your own words...directly quoted...

"As I said, the General testified under oath that Biden ordered them to create the withdrawal plans after he decided to go ahead with the planned withdrawal."

BIDEN DECIDED to go ahead with the withdrawl AND HE ORDERED THEM to CREATE a withdrawal plan!

It was BIDEN'S DECISION AND THE PLAN WAS ORDERED AND APPROVED BY BIDEN.

All the dancing around, finger pointing and misdirection in the world cannot obfuscate the truth of your own statement.

Your original lie was that President ignored his Generals. He didn't. He disagreed with them in keeping the minimum 2,500 troops in the country in perpetuity. After that decision was made, since the May 1st date, which was so important to the truce that was keeping our soldiers safe, was looming and no plan existed for our withdrawal, he relied on his military experts to present him with options. Again not ignoring them and their plans for our withdrawal and substituting his own, as you claimed.

Your original lie was that President ignored his Generals. He didn't. He disagreed with them in keeping the minimum 2,500 troops in the country in perpetuity. After that decision was made, since the May 1st date, which was so important to the truce that was keeping our soldiers safe, was looming and no plan existed for our withdrawal, he relied on his military experts to present him with options. Again not ignoring them and their plans for our withdrawal and substituting his own, as you claimed.
No lie...he ignored his generals AND other senior advisors...

"President Joe Biden ordered the withdrawal of US forces from Afghanistan over the advice of some of his senior-most advisers in the Pentagon and State Department, leaders who are now charged with carrying out the particulars of the complicated drawdown."

^^^^That's ignoring their advice.

Hmmm, Fox don't like Joe.

I never would've guessed.
and ole friend the UK..he’s the only president ever held in contempt of the entire country for backstabbing them…heck even Madison amd Washington didn’t get that and they beat them in war

"President Joe Biden ordered the withdrawal of US forces from Afghanistan over the advice of some of his senior-most advisers in the Pentagon and State Department, leaders who are now charged with carrying out the particulars of the complicated drawdown."

He did not ignore them or their advice. He did what the three Presidents before him couldn't do. He told them no to continuing the status quo and leaving the 2500 troops in harms way. They would have been in harms way when the truce with the Taliban ended.

And that's why the poutus is the decider. Not many people agreed with the generals what continuing war in perpetuity was the correct move. As the two previous presidents actually ran, and won, on ending the war. LOL

I really don't see your point here. Biden made the same decision both Obama and Trump made. The difference is he had the balls to follow through. I think most of us agree that while predictions were the Afghan puppet govt would hold out longer than it did, any student of vietnam or the Soviets debacle in Afghan should not have expected that. And we should have told all Americans and other non Afghans to get to the Kabul main civilian airport weeks earlier. And we should have told our Afghan allies to try to make their own escapes unless they had documentation allowing them into the US or another country.

And that's why the poutus is the decider. Not many people agreed with the generals what continuing war in perpetuity was the correct move. As the two previous presidents actually ran, and won, on ending the war. LOL

I really don't see your point here. Biden made the same decision both Obama and Trump made. The difference is he had the balls to follow through. I think most of us agree that while predictions were the Afghan puppet govt would hold out longer than it did, any student of vietnam or the Soviets debacle in Afghan should not have expected that. And we should have told all Americans and other non Afghans to get to the Kabul main civilian airport weeks earlier. And we should have told our Afghan allies to try to make their own escapes unless they had documentation allowing them into the US or another country.
What is my point?

That with the great power of being the decider comes the great responsibility of the consequences of that decision being laid at Biden's feet.

Democrats... and Republicans... but in this instance it's Democrats... they want it both ways. If Biden's withdrawal fails, it's Trump's fault. But had it been a success... it would have been Biden's success.

Sorry...it doesn't work that way. We'll never know if Trump's withdrawal would have been a success. We only know that Trump laid the groundwork for ending American Troop presence in Afghanistan.

Biden knew what he was getting when he agreed to run for President. Withdrawal was HIS JOB after he accepted the nomination and later became president. Success or failure was in his hands... not Trump's.

If Biden wanted Trump to be responsible, he had every opportunity to refuse the Presidency and allow Trump to handle the withdrawal...

We'll never know if Trump's withdrawal would have been a success. We only know that Trump laid the groundwork for ending American Troop presence in Afghanistan.

Can you explain why the troop level was dropped from the withdrawal agreement established level of 8,600 troops to 2,500 on Jan 15th? Just days before leaving office. With the agreed upon withdrawal date weeks away why was there no plan developed or in development for that withdrawal? Was removing those 6,100 troops just a gift to the Taliban forces by President Trump? Or was that just a big "Fuck You" to the Country, the Military or our next President? Maybe it was all three? How did the Afghan Army feel about that reduction? Did that have an impact on their moral?

Can you explain why the troop level was dropped from the withdrawal agreement established level of 8,600 troops to 2,500 on Jan 15th? Just days before leaving office. With the agreed upon withdrawal date weeks away why was there no plan developed or in development for that withdrawal? Was removing those 6,100 troops just a gift to the Taliban forces by President Trump? Or was that just a big "Fuck You" to the Country, the Military or our next President? Maybe it was all three? How did the Afghan Army feel about that reduction? Did that have an impact on their moral?
According to this, Trump's plan was to force the Afghanistan government into a power sharing agreement with the Taliban...and to keep a small garrison in country to continue the counter terrorism mission...

"While serving on the National Security Council, Miller said it was determined that the US could continue to run counterterrorism missions in Afghanistan with only 800 military personnel."

But Biden scrapped that plan.

Biden didn't want to keep any troops in Afghanistan.

And the ensuing catastrophe was the result.

What is my point?

That with the great power of being the decider comes the great responsibility of the consequences of that decision being laid at Biden's feet.

Democrats... and Republicans... but in this instance it's Democrats... they want it both ways. If Biden's withdrawal fails, it's Trump's fault. But had it been a success... it would have been Biden's success.

Sorry...it doesn't work that way. We'll never know if Trump's withdrawal would have been a success. We only know that Trump laid the groundwork for ending American Troop presence in Afghanistan.

Biden knew what he was getting when he agreed to run for President. Withdrawal was HIS JOB after he accepted the nomination and later became president. Success or failure was in his hands... not Trump's.

If Biden wanted Trump to be responsible, he had every opportunity to refuse the Presidency and allow Trump to handle the withdrawal...
We do know that tump's withdrawal would not have been a success, because he did not include the Afghan government in his agreement, leaving the Taliban to overrun the country and control the gates to the airport. Since tump has no moral fiber, he would have left allied Afghans to be slaughtered, like he did with the Kurds in Syria.

Not after his joke in Afghanistan

It's not easy for NATO to trust America, not just Biden.

Trump made it pretty clear he didn't like NATO and wanted to abandon the alliance.

And America has cut and run from a lot of messes we created, leaving the native people in the lurch.

And if you think Trump would not have cut and run from Afghanistan the same way Biden did, you are an idiot. Trump advocated we cut and run from Iraq the very same way.

BLITZER: How does the United States get out of this situation?

TRUMP: You know how they get out? They get out! That's how they get out. Declare victory, and leave.

According to this, Trump's plan was to force the Afghanistan government into a power sharing agreement with the Taliban...and to keep a small garrison in country to continue the counter terrorism mission...

"While serving on the National Security Council, Miller said it was determined that the US could continue to run counterterrorism missions in Afghanistan with only 800 military personnel."

But Biden scrapped that plan.

Biden didn't want to keep any troops in Afghanistan.

And the ensuing catastrophe was the result.

That's funny. So you can't explain why the forces were so drastically reduced well below the minimum level set by the Trump Surrender Agreement?

It was all a ploy, We had the Taliban right where we wanted them and bamb! Joe Biden ruined everything!

Hahahahaha.

Forum List

Back