North Carolina county to issue all schools with AR-15s

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Hopefully this will catch on.

North Carolina County Hopes AR-15s Inside Schools Will Stop Shootings​

The rifles will be inside safes along with "breaching tools," according to Madison County Sheriff Buddy Harwood.

Officials in a North Carolina county hope equipping schools with AR-15 rifles will prevent shootings.
Madison County officials plan to put a safe with an AR-15 rifle in each of its six schools next school year, the Asheville Citizen-Times reported.

Hardening & protecting the schools has always been the common sense solution all the leftists reject out of hand.

The shooters will go find an easier target to vent their derangements if they know schools are no longer easy & sure targets

The rifles will be inside safes along with "breaching tools," according to Madison County Sheriff Buddy Harwood.

How many school shootings has Madison County NC had?

Hardening & protecting the schools has always been the common sense solution all the leftists reject out of hand.

The shooters will go find an easier target to vent their derangements if they know schools are no longer easy & sure targets
What's an easier target than a school that has their guns locked up in a safe?

Well if 100 officers in tactical gear won't do it because they were never trained to, then I suspect the school nurse isn't going to become rambo. Better put them AR15's in the lesbian gym teacher's class with some red plaid body armor if you want some ass kicking done.

Usually a single gunman situation. Cost is not prohibitive. They should have gone for two or three in the gun safe, instead of one. If planning ahead for a possible shootout. It is always best to have the enemy vastly outclassed in firepower, instead of some dumb one on one, let the better man win type thing. In that situation, I say never give a sucker an even break. I really like the idea of a two or three against one. Sheriff better include some tactical weapons training for the designated users, also.
Breach tools seem a stupid waste. I have never seen any hinges on schoolroom doors, a burst of few rounds 5.56, M855 ammo could not deal with, as they are always (by code) out swing doors. Level IIIA ballistic vests would have been nice, and a bargain, as low as $295.00 each.

Probably around the same number as 99.9% of all other schools.

Highlights a great point though. How many schools have had a shooting!?

And in 5 years from now they will claim it was the gun locked in the vault that kept the school safe and sound.

Idiots that they are locking them up and making them a little slower getting to? Or idiots that they are arming the schools at all?
You're a lib, so I don't have to hold my breath waiting to see which one you'll choose.
or for cogent commentary

Forum List

Back