Non-Woke University

Being taught to hate the flag of your nation and the founding principles it stands for.

Something you seem to be rather heavily indoctrinated towards.
Show me an example of being taught to hate the flag.

What do you think racial studies is?
An elective that's probably unnecessary ever.
Gender studies and Critical race theory are along the same lines, except less American and more Communist.
Actually I just made "racial studies" up. Is that a real thing? For college credits? :omg:

An elective that's probably unnecessary ever.
Gender studies and Critical race theory are along the same lines, except less American and more Communist.
Actually I just made "racial studies" up. Is that a real thing? For college credits? :omg:
I don't know, but why did you make it up?

Well, seeing as I'm not a Democrat, I'm perfectly willing to discuss it. You didn't really make a point, back it up and start a good conversation, you attacked me for being what you think I am without knowing a single thing about me.... all while complaining about people not wanting to talk about facts.... hilarious.
My words “just likely not what you want to discuss” is an obvious opinion, not a slam of any sort. Your post was an inaccurate assessment of the word’s of another poster, so I added a factual context for his argument, nothing more.

You do give a good reminder to not be thin skinned on a public message board, particularly with a respectful post.

Added note- trust me, I’m great at elaboration, but my former reply to you was short and direct since off OP topic.

My words “just likely not what you want to discuss” is an obvious opinion, not a slam of any sort. Your post was an inaccurate assessment of the word’s of another poster, so I added a factual context for his argument, nothing more.

You do give a good reminder to not be thin skinned on a public message board, particularly with a respectful post.

Added note- trust me, I’m great at elaboration, but my former reply to you was short and direct since off OP topic.

Firstly my post was not an inaccurate assessment of the word's of another poster. This person simply made a generate and pointless remark that didn't add anything to this conversation, it just tried to drag it down to the gutter of "everyone's either Rep or Dem, Reps think this, Dems think this, end of story".

You don't have to like my assessment, but that is a FACT. I don't have much time for such people because I don't come on here to play petty two party politics. If you read a lot of what I write it's me pushing Proportional Representation to get away from that two party ridiculousness. Mostly I get ignored.

Secondly I used to come on here and get involved in the ridiculous name calling and fighting. Now, people who do that end up on my ignore list very quickly. I don't need to be thick skinned, I have the ignore button, and it serves me very well, as I only want to talk to those people who are interested in proper discussion.

Yeah, off topic because the person I was replying to decided to go off topic when I was discussing the topic. I give a chance, I tell them what they're doing, if they choose to remain on pointless nonsense, then I will probably drop it quite quickly. Your reply was also off topic. So if you wish to discuss the topic, let's start again.

Well, you'd hope that would be the case. The reality might be something different.
Let’s cut to the chase and quote the unofficial mission statement stated in the OP’s article: "The solution … to left-wing ideological capture of our institutions is not a right-wing institution," Boghossian said. "It's a truth-seeking university."

The prof’s elaboration supports this statement:
“He further discussed the school's "forbidden classes," which he says house "diverse views, actually people who hold different opinions," and they "are presented about topics we wouldn't or couldn't or shouldn't even talk about."”

Doesn’t sound like it’s going to be much spoon-feeding but discussing different viewpoints. Discussing diverse views typically means students are encouraged to ask questions and not expected to parrot views of any one teacher but to compare and contrast, examine historical records without commentary, etc.

Let’s cut to the chase and quote the unofficial mission statement stated in the OP’s article: "The solution … to left-wing ideological capture of our institutions is not a right-wing institution," Boghossian said. "It's a truth-seeking university."

The prof’s elaboration supports this statement:
“He further discussed the school's "forbidden classes," which he says house "diverse views, actually people who hold different opinions," and they "are presented about topics we wouldn't or couldn't or shouldn't even talk about."”

Doesn’t sound like it’s going to be much spoon-feeding but discussing different viewpoints. Discussing diverse views typically means students are encouraged to ask questions and not expected to parrot views of any one teacher but to compare and contrast, examine historical records without commentary, etc.

And the thing seems to be, if this can be believed, is that they want to do away with the two party nonsense and go for education that MAKES SENSE.

He said they wanted critical thinking going on. The sort of thing that is seriously lacking on a forum like this.

The reality is a lot of people would have seen that they're attacking the left, and they're like "way hay, we love this, it has to be great if it goes against left wing universities and their indoctrination.
But the chances are they didn't read the article, or understand what it's talking about. It actually wants a LEFT WING education. Yes, some left wingers are indoctrinators, but most would actually want an education that is real education.

But then these people are coming on here, with a total lack of critical thinking, they don't want critical thinking, they just want to be "right" all the time. And they think they are, and that's hilarious, because they're so wrong.

What's more indoctrination than to be taught to worship a flag OP?

Respect a flag, and the traditions it represents, is a good thing ... if it's the right flag.

No one, to my knowledge, prays, sacrifices, or in any other way participates in rituals of worship to the flag.

No, I didn't.

It seems every time I make a point, you revert back to "Dems bad, Reps good" and that's that.
Can you not open your mind and actually have a PROPER CONVERSATION that uses CRITICAL THINKING?
Yes you did, you mentioned communism, so I pointed out that it matches the actions of the Democrats. Are you claiming this didn't happen?

And the thing seems to be, if this can be believed, is that they want to do away with the two party nonsense and go for education that MAKES SENSE.

He said they wanted critical thinking going on. The sort of thing that is seriously lacking on a forum like this.

The reality is a lot of people would have seen that they're attacking the left, and they're like "way hay, we love this, it has to be great if it goes against left wing universities and their indoctrination.
But the chances are they didn't read the article, or understand what it's talking about. It actually wants a LEFT WING education. Yes, some left wingers are indoctrinators, but most would actually want an education that is real education.

But then these people are coming on here, with a total lack of critical thinking, they don't want critical thinking, they just want to be "right" all the time. And they think they are, and that's hilarious, because they're so wrong.
Please point out the part of the article that supports your comment that “It actually wants a LEFT WING education”.

Another quote from the article, “Founded just over a year ago, the new venture in academia hopes to be an establishment "committed to freedom of inquiry, freedom of conscience, and civil discourse."

Please point out the part of the article that supports your comment that “It actually wants a LEFT WING education”.

Another quote from the article, “Founded just over a year ago, the new venture in academia hopes to be an establishment "committed to freedom of inquiry, freedom of conscience, and civil discourse."

Well, it depends on what you consider a "left wing" education, I suppose.

For me, freedom of inquiry, conscience, civil discourse is what normal left wing people want from education.

If you take education across the country, you'll find better education in more liberal places like the North East of the country. The more you move towards religious conservatives, the less they want this kind of thing.

Well, it depends on what you consider a "left wing" education, I suppose.

For me, freedom of inquiry, conscience, civil discourse is what normal left wing people want from education.

If you take education across the country, you'll find better education in more liberal places like the North East of the country. The more you move towards religious conservatives, the less they want this kind of thing.
Your biases are showing but feel free to examine my words as well; we all have our biases.

Evidence: your response about your take on the goal of this college: “And the thing seems to be, if this can be believed, is that they want to do away with the two party nonsense and go for education that MAKES SENSE.” I agree, neutral ground in a college classroom does make sense. So, let’s compare that assessment to what you wrote in this thread again using your words: “For me, freedom of inquiry, conscience, civil discourse is what normal left wing people want from education”.

Hmm. Do you think you promote what you claim to be against? In addition, your prejudices regarding religion and education is an inaccurate generalization and I will ignore your motive for doing so since it’s obvious.

Private schools in the US are not all the same and many run independently. Many private schools have a religious affiliation and are often known in various communities as being “strict schools with intensive learning”. I have several in my county and know of many others in multiple states.

Now, since you might falsely claim I am bashing you again by your own words, here is my political bias, fully developed over the past 2 years from consistent evidence on this board: all leftists who currently post on USMB use deceptive tactics to discuss politics, because they are lowly creatures and in need of basic skills in communication. Lol Posters who lie intentionally then double down on the lie when presented with the truth, and then change the words of opposing posts. I’m 100 percent truthful that this only seems to come from the left, and not just on this board. Deceptive left media sources do this daily even with headlines. Leftist New Yorkers are using their media outlets to call elections before voting even commences. Foul play all over the place on the Left. Do you find that behavior to be in line with your positive statements you’ve made about lefties? It appears to be a commonality.

Your biases are showing but feel free to examine my words as well; we all have our biases.

Evidence: your response about your take on the goal of this college: “And the thing seems to be, if this can be believed, is that they want to do away with the two party nonsense and go for education that MAKES SENSE.” I agree, neutral ground in a college classroom does make sense. So, let’s compare that assessment to what you wrote in this thread again using your words: “For me, freedom of inquiry, conscience, civil discourse is what normal left wing people want from education”.

Hmm. Do you think you promote what you claim to be against? In addition, your prejudices regarding religion and education is an inaccurate generalization and I will ignore your motive for doing so since it’s obvious.

Private schools in the US are not all the same and many run independently. Many private schools have a religious affiliation and are often known in various communities as being “strict schools with intensive learning”. I have several in my county and know of many others in multiple states.

Now, since you might falsely claim I am bashing you again by your own words, here is my political bias, fully developed over the past 2 years from consistent evidence on this board: all leftists who currently post on USMB use deceptive tactics to discuss politics, because they are lowly creatures and in need of basic skills in communication. Lol Posters who lie intentionally then double down on the lie when presented with the truth, and then change the words of opposing posts. I’m 100 percent truthful that this only seems to come from the left, and not just on this board. Deceptive left media sources do this daily even with headlines. Leftist New Yorkers are using their media outlets to call elections before voting even commences. Foul play all over the place on the Left. Do you find that behavior to be in line with your positive statements you’ve made about lefties? It appears to be a commonality.

Yeah, my bias is showing. End of conversation.

Forum List

Back