Non-Woke University

Still haven't addressed the question.

Noted.
I'll address the question. You are a lefty and believe in the question you asked, but in reality, people are proud of their countries flag, you're stuck in a state of mind that it's indoctrination, democracy is under attack, America needs fixed etc...

So once you get proud of your country, you will move away from Left Wing dark thoughts.

Education over indoctrination... How refreshing.

Well, you'd hope that would be the case. The reality might be something different.

Being a liberal dumb ass.

It's funny, because, it doesn't.
That people just make stuff up, like meanings of words, shows exactly what people who use "woke" wrong are thinking.....

It's pretty pathetic, you can't use critical thinking, one of the things this professor said the university would use, and yet you think this article backs up your claims.

I'll address the question. You are a lefty and believe in the question you asked, but in reality, people are proud of their countries flag, you're stuck in a state of mind that it's indoctrination, democracy is under attack, America needs fixed etc...

So once you get proud of your country, you will move away from Left Wing dark thoughts.

What does "proud of one's country" mean?
Often it means you have to do X, Y and Z in order to prove you're a "patriot".
The reality is, if you "love your country" and you're "proud of it" you'd want it to fit your political image.

A Communist would want their country to be Communist.
A Fascist would want it to be Fascist.
So really, you wouldn't move away from "Left Wing dark thoughts" at all. Because it doesn't make sense, unless of course your view of "patriotism" is "right wing thought"

What does "proud of one's country" mean?
Often it means you have to do X, Y and Z in order to prove you're a "patriot".
The reality is, if you "love your country" and you're "proud of it" you'd want it to fit your political image.

A Communist would want their country to be Communist.
A Fascist would want it to be Fascist.
So really, you wouldn't move away from "Left Wing dark thoughts" at all. Because it doesn't make sense, unless of course your view of "patriotism" is "right wing thought"
Feeling/having respect for your country as opposed to just yourself. To be satisfied with your country's accomplishments, your good standard of living, your freedom

Feeling/having respect for your country as opposed to just yourself. To be satisfied with your country's accomplishments, your good standard of living, your freedom

See, you're trying to frame this in a way it is not.

Having respect for your country. The question here is, should your country get respect and why? If you believe your country deserves respect, you give it, if you don't, you try and change it.

To be satisfied...? Are you satisfied with everything about the US? You wouldn't make any changes at all? You're happy with the crime, the poverty, the problems, the Democrats?????

Having respect for your country. The question here is, should your country get respect and why? If you believe your country deserves respect, you give it, if you don't, you try and change it.

To be satisfied...? Are you satisfied with everything about the US? You wouldn't make any changes at all? You're happy with the crime, the poverty, the problems, the Democrats?????

I think it's good you're wrestling with the concept, definitions etc.. I was a big fan of the one Minute Manger books, so I will leave that monkey firmly on your back.

I think it's good you're wrestling with the concept, definitions etc.. I was a big fan of the one Minute Manger books, so I will leave that monkey firmly on your back.

I'm not wrestling with anything. I know what I'm talking about.

I also know many people think they understand the meaning of certain words, and they don't. And they come on here and use those words and people tell them they're using it wrong, and their attitude is "I don't care".

Those who use "woke" are people who simply do not like reality, and they want to create their own little fantasy where they are ALWAYS right, no matter how wrong they are.

More a case of being more satisfied with the things and conditions of your nation versus those of other nations.

The fact that our borders are flooded with illegal aliens flocking into here would suggest they aren't satisfied with the nation(s) and 'flag' they are coming from and find USA a more satisfying and happier place, despite it's needs for improvement, over where they left~came from.

A relative matter and issues that should be obvious if employing "critical thinking".

More a case of being more satisfied with the things and conditions of your nation versus those of other nations.

The fact that our borders are flooded with illegal aliens flocking into here would suggest they aren't satisfied with the nation(s) and 'flag' they are coming from and find USA a more satisfying and happier place, despite it's needs for improvement, over where they left~came from.

A relative matter and issues that should be obvious if employing "critical thinking".

So, if I say "I don't like this about my country, however it's worse in North Korea", then it's perfectly fine with you? We have to play semantic games to make you happy about the changes I want to IMPROVE my own country?

And no, I disagree with your assertion about critical thinking. It doesn't need to be relative.
A person can look at their country and say "I like some things about my country, but I think we can improve these things". That's critical thinking.
Not saying "Well, we have this system, it's crap, but it's better than North Korea's, so we'd better keep our own system because it's "relative"".

That makes no sense at all.

You've inadvertently just covered why the Democrats ordered the government agencies to collude with social media to control what information the public was allowed to see

No, I didn't.

It seems every time I make a point, you revert back to "Dems bad, Reps good" and that's that.
Can you not open your mind and actually have a PROPER CONVERSATION that uses CRITICAL THINKING?

No, I didn't.

It seems every time I make a point, you revert back to "Dems bad, Reps good" and that's that.
Can you not open your mind and actually have a PROPER CONVERSATION that uses CRITICAL THINKING?
Proper political conversations contain facts and identified opinions, and: “Democrats ordered the government agencies to collude with social media to control what information the public was allowed to see” is factual, just likely not what you want to discuss.

Proper political conversations contain facts and identified opinions, and: “Democrats ordered the government agencies to collude with social media to control what information the public was allowed to see” is factual, just likely not what you want to discuss.

Well, seeing as I'm not a Democrat, I'm perfectly willing to discuss it. You didn't really make a point, back it up and start a good conversation, you attacked me for being what you think I am without knowing a single thing about me.... all while complaining about people not wanting to talk about facts.... hilarious.

Forum List

Back