The word American is harmful

The United States of America is the only country with America as part of its name. I don't understand the motivation of critics who condemn Americans for calling their country by its name. Give me a damned break!

The United States of America is the only country with America as part of its name. I don't understand the motivation of critics who condemn Americans for calling their country by its name. Give me a damned break!

yes the name made sense at the time. United states, within the American continent. Thus, fittingly in choosing a name founders decided on the United States of America. I'm sure many people from around the world began calling us "Americans" because it was a bit shorter and easier. We all know, leftists in the U.S. never sleep while looking for the next outrageous transgression to add to their mosaic of hate.

One of Orwell’s most important messages in 1984 is that language is of central importance to human thought because it structures and limits the ideas that individuals are capable of formulating and expressing. If control of language was centralized in a political agency, Orwell proposes, such an agency could possibly alter the very structure of language to make it impossible to even conceive of disobedient or rebellious thoughts, because there would be no words with which to think them. This idea manifests itself in the language of Newspeak, which the Party has introduced to replace English. The Party is constantly refining and perfecting Newspeak, with the ultimate goal that no one will be capable of conceptualizing anything that might disrupt the party.

Stanford University wants that word cancelled.

~~~~~~
This is just the tip of the iceberg.
They will have to come back again and again to "fix" more and more words that are unacceptable to everyone.
Enough with the politically correct ideological garbage and policing our words.
America's newspeak by Maoist Democrats, using Orwell's 1984 as the Maoist Democrats manual.
Who would have believed that institutions of higher learning would become bastions of tyrannical dictatorial censorship.
Orwellian hardly describes this attack on common sense.
This is how freedom ends. Not with a bang, but with cowardice heretofore unimaginable.
Any organization that proclaims to be an institution of higher learning and bans words is an organization of censorship and exclusion, how can we have a real conversation about real world politics when our hands and tongues are tied behind our backs?

Stanford University wants that word cancelled.

ebb3820b2f8e0d544a751d520b1838bf.jpg

Forum List

Back