Sunsettommy

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2018
Watts Up With That?

NOAA Satellite records second largest 2-month temperature drop in history

Anthony Watts

May 1, 2020

Excerpt:

In April, 2020, the Northern Hemisphere experienced its 2nd largest 2-month drop in temperature in the 497-month satellite record.

The Version 6.0 global average lower tropospheric temperature (LT) anomaly for April, 2020 was +0.38 deg. C, down from the March, 2020 value of +0.48 deg. C.

The Northern Hemisphere temperature anomaly fell from +0.96 deg. C to 0.43 deg. C from February to April, a 0.53 deg. C drop which is the 2nd largest 2-month drop in the 497-month satellite record. The largest 2-month drop was -0.69 deg. C from December 1987 to February 1988.
LINK

=====

CO2 effect doesn't show up on the chart below at all. :D

Here is a chart from HERE, Wood for Trees: Interactive Graphs

1588370481352.png

Of course things are getting better. Humans aren't running around and crapping up the planet.

In India, they can again see the Himalaya's. In Venice, the water has cleared and the fish are starting to come back. LA has the best air quality they have ever had.

Of course things are getting better. Humans aren't running around and crapping up the planet.

In India, they can again see the Himalaya's. In Venice, the water has cleared and the fish are starting to come back. LA has the best air quality they have ever had.
That was my thought also, that world wide during this shut down, we are putting less particulate into the air to catch/reflect sunlight and trap heat.

Watts Up With That?

NOAA Satellite records second largest 2-month temperature drop in history

Anthony Watts

May 1, 2020

Excerpt:

In April, 2020, the Northern Hemisphere experienced its 2nd largest 2-month drop in temperature in the 497-month satellite record.

The Version 6.0 global average lower tropospheric temperature (LT) anomaly for April, 2020 was +0.38 deg. C, down from the March, 2020 value of +0.48 deg. C.

The Northern Hemisphere temperature anomaly fell from +0.96 deg. C to 0.43 deg. C from February to April, a 0.53 deg. C drop which is the 2nd largest 2-month drop in the 497-month satellite record. The largest 2-month drop was -0.69 deg. C from December 1987 to February 1988.
LINK

=====

CO2 effect doesn't show up on the chart below at all. :D

Here is a chart from HERE, Wood for Trees: Interactive Graphs

View attachment 330556
Oops somebody's got some splainin to do.

That was my thought also, that world wide during this shut down, we are putting less particulate into the air to catch/reflect sunlight and trap heat.

Hahaha....OMG.....no.... The Particulate count takes decades to change....lol....please try not to embarrass yourself. The Co2 concentrations have held steady which tells you all you need to know.

JO

Hahaha....OMG.....no.... The Particulate count takes decades to change....lol....please try not to embarrass yourself. The Co2 concentrations have held steady which tells you all you need to know.

JO
OK, I'll be glad to listen to your theory. What ya got?

Gee. of a mere virus can drop the temperature why aren't you out shooting up the world to kill millions more and achieve your imagined goals of saving the planet? Oh, wait, you don't like guns. And people might fight back if you went after them with eco-friendly clubs?

You do realize that CO2 isnt reflective but very transparent, something the liberal shills arent? The only thing that really traps heat for the greenhouse effect...pause for effect....Water Vapor. Liberals just cant find a way to tax water vapor so must do what they can with the CO2 that gets pulled out of the ground. Why else would Obama lead the charge for Demoncraps on the Carbon Credit Exchange, where he made obscene profits off your tax dollars.....Oh yeah, he is living in his 12 million dollar home that uses enough energy to power a small town. Thanks Oblummer, you brown turd...

More water vapor generates a a stronger greenhouse effect, since water vapor is a greenhouse gas. However, it may also lead to the formation of more clouds, which might help cool the planet by increasing Earth's albedo. Credit: Image courtesy of the USGS (John M. Evans, USGS, Colorado District).
Global Warming, Clouds, and Albedo: Feedback Loops
www.windows2universe.org/earth/climate/warming_clouds_albedo_feedback.html

JO

Well first of all I'm not convinced that we are cooling....

NORMAL peoples do NOT give a FUCK if the Indians can see the Himalaya's, that fish are swimming in Venice and that LA has the best air quality ever.

The situation is this human beings are ALL born to LIVE, to go OUT and ENJOY LIFE, to meet their friends and go WHEREVER and WHENEVER they want to. Human beings are NOT born to be kept PRISONERS in their OWN homes, to just work and be SLAVES and pay their taxes and have NO Social Life.

Fuck the Fucking Planet. Say YES to LIFE. With the EXCEPTION of the Climate Change MANIACS who should kill themselves this way we save precious oxygen, we can PRESERVE the planet and all get some peace from having to listen to these insane POS.

#FuckTheClimateChangeDeathCult

#DemandTheClimateChangeManiacsKillThemselves

you mean their air is now as clean as ours in the rest of the US has been for the past 20 yrs now ! great news !

Gee. of a mere virus can drop the temperature why aren't you out shooting up the world to kill millions more and achieve your imagined goals of saving the planet? Oh, wait, you don't like guns. And people might fight back if you went after them with eco-friendly clubs?
theyve killed millions of the unborn.

You do realize that CO2 isnt reflective but very transparent, something the liberal shills arent? The only thing that really traps heat for the greenhouse effect...pause for effect....Water Vapor. Liberals just cant find a way to tax water vapor so must do what they can with the CO2 that gets pulled out of the ground. Why else would Obama lead the charge for Demoncraps on the Carbon Credit Exchange, where he made obscene profits off your tax dollars.....Oh yeah, he is living in his 12 million dollar home that uses enough energy to power a small town. Thanks Oblummer, you brown turd...

More water vapor generates a a stronger greenhouse effect, since water vapor is a greenhouse gas. However, it may also lead to the formation of more clouds, which might help cool the planet by increasing Earth's albedo. Credit: Image courtesy of the USGS (John M. Evans, USGS, Colorado District).
Global Warming, Clouds, and Albedo: Feedback Loops
www.windows2universe.org/earth/climate/warming_clouds_albedo_feedback.html
CO2 clear? Absolutely, but most of the smog over cities is not CO2. A lot of it is industrial particulate, car exhausts, etc. Moisture in the air attaches to the the particulate sometime forming a haze of cloud layer. These tend keep heat in and closer to surface. A clear night in winter is often much colder than a clouded night, as ground heat of daytime solar warming tends to radiate away faster in the clear air. Not that much to do with CO2. I understand that trees and the ocean collect a lot of it. Did not realize it was a general man made global warming discussion. I though it was about accounting for a 2 month temperature anomaly.

JO

Well first of all I'm not convinced that we are cooling....

A two month anomaly is not a trend. I'm no climate scientist but pretty sure 2 months is nothing to write home about.

JO

Do you understand the chart in post 1?

I posted this because it is an unusual drop in temperature, the second biggest since 1979. Neither the article or myself claimed this was a trend, just pointing out an unusual drop, but the chart in post one has so far eluded every one here, the significance of it has yet to be noticed.

JO

Do you understand the chart in post 1?
The chart appears to be raising trend of mean change of seawater temperature from 1979 to now. showing between .3 Deg C and a little over .5 Deg C between 1979 and 2020. Typical of trend chart used to make a case for global warming. Wasn't planning to getting sucked into global warming debate, as it is often not productive, time consuming, I am uncomfortable with methodology and data collection, and have no way personally verifyy the measurements used to project the trend lines.
Is that not a basic understanding of the chart?

Forum List

Back