Hair Spray Forever!!!

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Thank heaven!!!

I can go back to guilt-free hairspray!!!!

?

Remember when the usual suspects, the crisis-mongers of the Left were hand-wringing over that hole in the ozone that I was single-handedly causing???

"Back in the 1980s I was a big fan of Aquanet hairspray. A BIG fan. My chemistry teacher, Mr. Venefra, used to shake his finger at me and tell me that all the CFCs I was lacquering my hair with would make his idols -- Mario Molina and F. Sherwood Rowland – cringe. Molina and Rowland were the chemists who went on to win the Nobel Prize for scientifically examining what happens to CFCs released into the atmosphere. What they found would not only alter the contents of hairspray, but would also change environmental policy the world over."

Guess what?

"Why the largest-ever Arctic ozone hole just closed

An ozone hole over the Arctic that was the largest ever recorded there has closed, according to the Copernicus Atmosphere Monitoring Service (CAMS). And its beginning and end have nothing to do with climate change, global warming or a reduction in air pollution because of the coronavirus pandemic.

It has to do simply with the weather.

CAMS monitored the rather unusual ozone hole that formed over the Arctic this spring and was reported closed April 23. Ozone holes are more common over the Antarctic every year, according to CAMS, but “the conditions needed for such strong ozone depletion are not normally found in the Northern Hemisphere.”

The Arctic stratosphere is usually less isolated than its Antarctic counterpart because the presence of nearby land masses and mountain ranges disturbs the weather patterns more than in the Southern Hemisphere, CAMS reports. "

Now......what are the chances that that 'global warming' thing will take care of itself, the same????

Thank heaven!!!

?

Remember when the usual suspects, the crisis-mongers of the Left were hand-wringing over that hole in the ozone that I was single-handedly causing???

"Back in the 1980s I was a big fan of Aquanet hairspray. A BIG fan. My chemistry teacher, Mr. Venefra, used to shake his finger at me and tell me that all the CFCs I was lacquering my hair with would make his idols -- Mario Molina and F. Sherwood Rowland – cringe. Molina and Rowland were the chemists who went on to win the Nobel Prize for scientifically examining what happens to CFCs released into the atmosphere. What they found would not only alter the contents of hairspray, but would also change environmental policy the world over."

Guess what?

An ozone hole over the Arctic that was the largest ever recorded there has closed, according to the Copernicus Atmosphere Monitoring Service (CAMS). And its beginning and end have nothing to do with climate change, global warming or a reduction in air pollution because of the coronavirus pandemic.

CAMS monitored the rather unusual ozone hole that formed over the Arctic this spring and was reported closed April 23. Ozone holes are more common over the Antarctic every year, according to CAMS, but “the conditions needed for such strong ozone depletion are not normally found in the Northern Hemisphere.”

The Arctic stratosphere is usually less isolated than its Antarctic counterpart because the presence of nearby land masses and mountain ranges disturbs the weather patterns more than in the Southern Hemisphere, CAMS reports. "

Now......what are the chances that that 'global warming' thing will take care of itself, the same????
I was thinking all that Aqua net we used in the 80's is why my lungs will never swell with the virus, because surely my lungs are shellacked solid.

"Global warming" and the healing of the ozone layer are 2 completely different subjects though.

“The jet stream in the southern hemisphere was gradually shifting towards the south pole in the last decades of the 20th century due to ozone depletion.

“Our study found that movement has stopped since 2000 and might even be reversing. The pause in movement began around the same time that the ozone hole started to recover.

“The emissions of ozone-depleting substances that were responsible for the ozone hole - the CFCs from spray cans and refrigerants – started to decline around 2000, thanks to the Montreal Protocol.”

"Global warming" and the healing of the ozone layer are 2 completely different subjects though.

“The jet stream in the southern hemisphere was gradually shifting towards the south pole in the last decades of the 20th century due to ozone depletion.

“Our study found that movement has stopped since 2000 and might even be reversing. The pause in movement began around the same time that the ozone hole started to recover.

“The emissions of ozone-depleting substances that were responsible for the ozone hole - the CFCs from spray cans and refrigerants – started to decline around 2000, thanks to the Montreal Protocol.”

"Global warming" and the healing of the ozone layer are 2 completely different subjects though."

Nay, nay......both are motivated by the hand-wringing 'the sky is falling' cult.

“We began this experiment in 1933 under the pressure of an internal economic crisis. We continue and extend it under the necessities of a war crisis....It is born in crisis, lives on crisis, and cannot survive the era of crisis. By the very law of its nature it must create for itself, if it is to continue, fresh crises from year to year. …And our future is all charted out upon the same turbulent road of permanent crisis.” John T. Flynn, "As We Go Marching," p. 256

Thank heaven!!!

?

Guess what?

I was thinking all that Aqua net we used in the 80's is why my lungs will never swell with the virus, because surely my lungs are shellacked solid.

Look at the bright side!

You can go SCUBA diving sans tank!

Thank heaven!!!

?

Guess what?

Look at the bright side!

Talk about scuba diving- I recently saw a nature show with info pertinent to this discussion.
If I heard correctly they were discussing sharks responsible for keeping sea turtles from over grazing the vegetation that helps filter carbon out of the air. So if you think about it, all these sea turtle preservationists that are also global warming activists, are at a conflicting wash. OCE talking about removing cattle, well she should be eating turtle soup if she's truly concerned. Just tell her to remove the shell first, she's not very bright that way.

Thank heaven!!!

?

Guess what?

Look at the bright side!

Talk about scuba diving- I recently saw a nature show with info pertinent to this discussion.
If I heard correctly they were discussing sharks responsible for keeping sea turtles from over grazing the vegetation that helps filter carbon out of the air. So if you think about it, all these sea turtle preservationists that are also global warming activists, are at a conflicting wash. OCE talking about removing cattle, well she should be eating turtle soup if she's truly concerned. Just tell her to remove the shell first, she's not very bright that way.

What I really hate are the sea turtles using up all the hair spray!!!

Thank heaven!!!

?

Guess what?

Look at the bright side!

What I really hate are the sea turtles using up all the hair spray!!!
Shhhh, don't give away the proprietary secret of how Tenax hair gell from the 80's was made-from
the green sticky slime of their shells.
Tenax.jpg

Thread summary:

The enviros were proven to be 100% correct about ozone.

The enviros saved everyone's butts.

PC despises the enviros for preventing so many deaths.

PC is clearly a wild-eyed death-cultist.

That is, same old same old.

"Global warming" and the healing of the ozone layer are 2 completely different subjects though."

"CFCs account for about 13% of the total energy absorbed by human-produced greenhouse gases."

Forum List

Back