No Women: You Do NOT Have the Right To Choose

Every cell in my body and in the cell of almost every living thing has DNA. Why is this set of DNA special? Or is it, I can't tell from your next sentence.

The issue here isn't whether or not a fertilized ovum is human or not. The issue is when does that fertilized ovum become a person in the legal sense of the word with all the rights benefits and privileges of any other person who has been born .
Agreed, only persons have the rights, benefits, and privileges of any other person who has been born.

"SCOTUS took the decision out of the hands of Big Government."

Ummm, so the decision is in the hands of State governments?
And they ain' big?

ps.....Leo, size matters. And states ARE big government. More than a few of U.S. states are bigger than many many countries.

But in your world a legislature full of men should tell an adult woman what she can and cannot do with her very own and very personal uterus?

I don't think that is right.
As has been posted on this chatroom before:
"If you don't have a uterus ...shut the f*** up!"

Every cell in my body and in the cell of almost every living thing has DNA. Why is this set of DNA special? Or is it, I can't tell from your next sentence.

Agreed, only persons have the rights, benefits, and privileges of any other person who has been born.
It is a unique human DNA signature. It therefore is a unique human living cell. As I said there is no question as to whether or not a fertilized ovum is human.

The only question is when does that unique living human zygote gain legal status as a person.

It is the legal argument that matters

So what about a fertilized egg makes it human?
There is no such thing as an “egg” after fertilization in humans. What you are saying is ridiculous nonsense.

A human being in the zygote stage of life is alive and a human being, they can be nothing else. They are not some member of another species somehow, that would be absurd, and they cannot grow and develop if they were not alive.

There is no such thing as an “egg” after fertilization in humans. What you are saying is ridiculous nonsense.

A human being in the zygote stage of life is alive and a human being, they can be nothing else. They are not some member of another species somehow, that would be absurd, and they cannot grow and develop if they were not alive.
That's not the pertinent argument though.

The argument is when does that zygote attain all the rights of personhood.

The “argument” is about who controls a woman’s uterus.

Is it the woman and her doctor or the (mostly male) right wing nuts like those we see on this and other threads

It is a unique human DNA signature. It therefore is a unique human living cell. As I said there is no question as to whether or not a fertilized ovum is human.

The only question is when does that unique living human zygote gain legal status as a person.

It is the legal argument that matters
The zygote stage of pregnancy is, hours?

The zygote stage of pregnancy is, hours?
What does that matter?

At conception the unique human DNA fingerprint is established. That is a scientific fact and is not in dispute.

The only real question is when is that new zygote granted the legal right of personhood.

If it is the moment of birth then legally there can be no repercussions against mother or doctor or anyone else if the pregnancy is terminated at any time before birth.

If it is as some people say the moment of conception then a whole new can of worms is opened with all kinds of consequences.

Every cell in my body is alive. Are they all individual humans? What makes one cell 'human' and another not 'human'?

"No, you don't understand the OP. You are bringing another item into the picture (government) that the OP did not say a word about. Understanding the OP is simple. It is about the 8th word in the title > "Right"

"the OP did not say a word about" government.

Well, perhaps that is the elephant-in-the-room. The poster WANTS our Big Governments (not your township clerk) to arbitrarily ascribe rights to a glob of cells that cannot live outside the womb without extraordinary measure, that cannot think, and will not have a coherent memory until probably 4 or 5 years. Yet, the OP says that is a fully human creature.

I don't think so. Leave abortion or no-abortion up to the woman, her doctor, and her faith.
Keep Big Government's interest in an individual woman's uterus be limited to assisting on cancer research and other such health issues.

The OP, and those of similar nature, are, in my opinion, trying to get Big Government to do what they think their religious traditions cannot do....and should not do. Some radical Catholics want the sperm/ovum meet&greet to be the 'aha moment' for a full suit of 'rights'. On the other hand, the Jewish tradition say human life begins at birth.

Abortion is between the woman, her doctor, and her faith if she has one.
Keep opinionated non-uterus bearing internet posters......and Big Government......out of the mix.

Personhood is always already obtained at the instant of conception, when the sex is determined. There is no time that both egg and sperm are not always already alive. The tranny betrays this biological fate at the instant of mutilation and not before. Boycott mental illness.

Every cell in my body is alive. Are they all individual humans? What makes one cell 'human' and another not 'human'?
every cell in your body has the same DNA signature. That is what makes you a unique person

When a unique DNA signature is created at conception it can be argue that a new person has been created.

Personhood is always already obtained at the instant of conception, when the sex is determined. There is no time that both egg and sperm are not always already alive. The tranny betrays this biological fate at the instant of mutilation and not before. Boycott mental illness.
Not true in the legal sense

In fact the history of the interpretation of the word person in the Constitution has always been a born person not an unborn person.

There are pills which guarantee no pregnancy even after unprotected sex and they are not abortion pills. Plan B is highly effective. Every woman should have them at their disposal.

The point is that some men think they have the right to decide about a woman's pregnancy.

Forum List

Back