No Women: You Do NOT Have the Right To Choose

I debated it in my mind for about a month before deciding on a policy. Finally, I am seeing this a bit more complex than most people (especially Democrats) are seeing it

How this took you a month is beyond me. No matter what you think or which side you stand on it shouldn't take you a month to find your own opinion.

Also, this isn't complex in the least. You either have no problem killing babies or you do.

Agreed. And when it does "develop into a new human life" it becomes worthy of protection and rights like any other human being.
FALSE! A fetus has already developed into a new human life at only 11 weeks of gestation. Look at the illustrations below. Can you see any difference between the fetus at 11 weeks and a born baby ? If so, it's not much.

Humans continually go through physiological changes all through their lives - growing taller, breasts for woman, facial hair for men, menepause, enlarged prostates, changes of hair color, etc.

We don't say without these developments, they are not worthy of protection & rights.

1666823836188.png

The DNA

The issue here isn't whether or not a fertilized ovum is human or not. The issue is when does that fertilized ovum become a person in the legal sense of the word with all the rights benefits and privileges of any other person who has been born .
The illustrations in Post # 503 could answer that.

A human zygote is a human being at a specific stage of development. Everything that is needed to develop is there already. This is a scientific fact there is no getting around that.

The only question is the matter of the attainment of legal personhood. And even if personhood was granted at conception there is the issue of the rights of the woman carrying the fetus. Granting a fetus the rights of personhood is fraught with far too many problems which is why it won't happen.

This is why the abortion procedure is banned in some states because it is an activity that SCOTUS has deemed not to be a guaranteed right.
Of course it is not a guaranteed right. Guaranteeing the right to do an abortion, is guaranteeing the right to commit murder. Would those who accept abortion, accept it for their own mothers, a few months before they were born ?

Every cell in my body and in the cell of almost every living thing has DNA. Why is this set of DNA special? Or is it, I can't tell from your next sentence.

Agreed, only persons have the rights, benefits, and privileges of any other person who has been born.
Including pre-born persons.

Ummm, so the decision is in the hands of State governments?
And they ain' big?

ps.....Leo, size matters. And states ARE big government. More than a few of U.S. states are bigger than many many countries.

But in your world a legislature full of men should tell an adult woman what she can and cannot do with her very own and very personal uterus?

I don't think that is right.
As has been posted on this chatroom before:
"If you don't have a uterus ...shut the f*** up!"
It doesn't tell her what she can and cannot do with her very own and very personal uterus. It tells her what she can and cannot do with her very own and very personal child.

Notice the typical focus here. As usual, leftists look only at the woman, in total disregard of the person whose life is at stake.

It doesn't tell her what she can and cannot do with her very own and very personal uterus. It tells her what she can and cannot do with her very own and very personal child.

Notice the typical focus here. As usual, leftists look only at the woman, in total disregard of the person whose life is at stake.
As rabid an anti-abortion freak as this guy is...he doesn't care that Walker paid for TWO abortions.

Go figure.

Maybe he'll tell us why

It is a unique human DNA signature. It therefore is a unique human living cell. As I said there is no question as to whether or not a fertilized ovum is human.

The only question is when does that unique living human zygote gain legal status as a person.

It is the legal argument that matters
States are deciding that by enacting a specific gestation week, after which abortions may not be performed. In any law, it goes by the gravity of the act.
Example : (Florida law)
  • Property valued below $300 classifies as petit theft and a 2nd degree misdemeanor.
  • Property valued between $300 and $20,000 is 3rd degree grand theft.
  • Property valued between $20,000 and $100,000 is 2nd degree grand theft.
  • Property valued above $100,000 is 1st degree grand theft.

He'd vote for a COW for Senator if he thought it would get him a reliable anti-abortion vote in Congress

Also, this isn't complex in the least

That less than halfway into its gestation, it has developed into a Human, with a body and a soul.

Of course it is not a guaranteed right

Pay attention folks.

Notice the typical focus here.

Life is irrelevant. He wants control.

States are deciding

The thing about our 'rights' is, cut one of us we all bleed

How many here 'get' that?

~S~

As rabid an anti-abortion freak as this guy is...he doesn't care that Walker paid for TWO abortions.

Go figure.

Maybe he'll tell us why
Immigration, inflation, recession, gun rights, school safety, cultural preservation (vs gay & tran lunacy), America first, etc

How this took you a month is beyond me. No matter what you think or which side you stand on it shouldn't take you a month to find your own opinion.

Also, this isn't complex in the least. You either have no problem killing babies or you do.
I do.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well yes, it will allow our various 'Big Governments' to mandate what she can choose in regards her uterus....which, some here won't acknowledge, is where that glob of cells exists, and is dependent upon to continue existing.

A fetus is not a stand-alone entity, an independent human. Without that uterus ---in the vast vast majority of pregnancies.....that fetus can't exist.

Until birth the woman is the most important, the most dominant, element in the tri-partite arrangement of female-male-fetus.
She must not be subservient to elected legislators, to concede to those temporary bureaucrats her body her well-being, or to have autonomy over her own uterus confiscated from her.

Forum List

Back