No Mow May

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. So the cities are saying.

recently embraced by cities, including Ann Arbor and Royal Oak, asks that you skip the lawnmower — at least until June.

Liberal cities. Nice cities run by liberals btw. Not all liberal cities are shit holes.
have you thought about how much fuel it will take to cut 3 feet of grass in june?? it equals itself out,,

have you thought about how much fuel it will take to cut 3 feet of grass in june?? it equals itself out,,
;)

kxejHtX.gif

I think the environmentalists concern for grass and trees, and wildlife, comes from their college campuses. On any college campus, you usually see two kinds of trees: Little spindly trees held up by posts and wires, and grand majestic trees, whose drooping branches are propped up. The small trees never seem to thrive, even if the college has whole departments of professors dedicated to biology and agriculture. They are replaced every few years, much to the tax-funded profit of the landscaping companies that keep planting trees that mysteriously die.

This leads the students to believe that trees are scarce, fragile, and in danger. Next time dad drives them home for summer break, they should pull their heads out of their devices and look around. Trees cover the Earth in great abundance. They are ubiquitous, and robust. If an object fell out of the sky randomly, it would hit water most likely, but after that, a tree.

Look, you have to keep the oil barons happy or this might cause them to start a war until we start buying more oil!

Anyhoo, do they have electric riding mowers and if not why not?
I live in condos. We have a landscaping crew. I wish we had little quiet electric automatic lawnmowers just working constantly. And I'd be even happier if we went all natural. Like, not grass that needs to be mowed.

Am I crazy or does Florida have a grass that doesn't really need to be mowed as often as the grass we have here in Michigan? Maybe that grass can't survive our winters. Well I wouldn't mind if my court yard was no grass and just bushes, trees, mulch maybe, flowers, some tile walk ways. You know, a nice beautiful natural wild looking yard instead of grass.

Whoever said they had 5 acres, they should have a trail going through those 5 acres and a little garden of eden in the middle of it. Trees and brush so high all around the perimeter that you can't see it.

Nah. The first week you don't give it a very short cut. The second week a little shorter. Then you're back to normal.

Stop with the defeatist attitude. Coming up with any excuse why you can't or won't or shouldn't. Fine, $5 a gallon. Have fun.

If it were my decision we'd go oh natural.

I live in condos. We have a landscaping crew. I wish we had little quiet electric automatic lawnmowers just working constantly. And I'd be even happier if we went all natural. Like, not grass that needs to be mowed.

Am I crazy or does Florida have a grass that doesn't really need to be mowed as often as the grass we have here in Michigan? Maybe that grass can't survive our winters. Well I wouldn't mind if my court yard was no grass and just bushes, trees, mulch maybe, flowers, some tile walk ways. You know, a nice beautiful natural wild looking yard instead of grass.

Whoever said they had 5 acres, they should have a trail going through those 5 acres and a little garden of eden in the middle of it. Trees and brush so high all around the perimeter that you can't see it.

In Kentucky we had a hectare of land with a lot of trees, so mowing was rare and Goats work great…

What is No Mow May? It encourages anyone with a yard to not mow their lawns throughout the month to protect pollinator habitats.
So now the goddamn Libtards are trying to tell me when I can and cannot mow my lawn?

Then stop complaining about gas prices. You Americans are clearly doing great if you can afford such luxuries.
I'm retired. Not doing that much complaining about gas prices. I even use non-ethanal gasoline in all outdoor power equipment. It is unlikely I will sacrifice my Zoysia to clover. This is the fast-growing season for Zoysia. Proper cutting encourages it to grow thick and literally choke out the trash grass, clover and other things that blew in, during the non growth cold months.

Nah. The first week you don't give it a very short cut. The second week a little shorter. Then you're back to normal.

Stop with the defeatist attitude. Coming up with any excuse why you can't or won't or shouldn't. Fine, $5 a gallon. Have fun.

If it were my decision we'd go oh natural.
that sounds like a threat,,

why not just do the things that lower gas prices??

I think the environmentalists concern for grass and trees, and wildlife, comes from their college campuses. On any college campus, you usually see two kinds of trees: Little spindly trees held up by posts and wires, and grand majestic trees, whose drooping branches are propped up. The small trees never seem to thrive, even if the college has whole departments of professors dedicated to biology and agriculture. They are replaced every few years, much to the tax-funded profit of the landscaping companies that keep planting trees that mysteriously die.

This leads the students to believe that trees are scarce, fragile, and in danger. Next time dad drives them home for summer break, they should pull their heads out of their devices and look around. Trees cover the Earth in great abundance. They are ubiquitous, and robust. If an object fell out of the sky randomly, it would hit water most likely, but after that, a tree.

There Are Over 250 Billion Trees in America Today 8% of the trees in the world.​

Around 100 people are killed by falling trees/branches every year according to OSHA.

I'm retired. Not doing that much complaining about gas prices. I even use non-ethanal gasoline in all outdoor power equipment. It is unlikely I will sacrifice my Zoysia to clover. This is the fast-growing season for Zoysia. Proper cutting encourages it to grow thick and literally choke out the trash grass, clover and other things that blew in, during the non growth cold months.
I did a search for the word GAS and plugged in your name. 16 pages of threads where you are talking about gas. You seem obsessed?

Kentucky Mountains. I'd like this kind of yard

View attachment 647741
People think I am joking when I write Goats are nature natural lawn service.

Those Serbians I knew have about the same size of land outside Houston and so told them buy a few Goats and let the graze on the law and you will never need to worry about mowing and they thought I was insane…

There are natural ways to do it and even in the city this can be done but make sure to keep the Goat within the yard because they are destructive…

At $6 a gallon? Are you rich? Do the math. And if you can afford to waste money like that, don't complain about inflation.

If you can afford $30-$40 a year for gas, you shouldn't complain about Bidenflation of 8% or more?

That makes even less sense than most liberal math.

There you go again doubting the scientists and our educational system. What's next are you going to attack our media and government? You don't trust anyone except right wing media it seems.

We have a serious problem.

World-wide, pollinator populations are shrinking. Several overlapping factors contribute to this disturbing global trend, including habitat fragmentation, pesticide use, climate change, and the spread of emergent pathogens, parasites and predators.

Or we can listen to right wing conservative Republican Americans who seem be be out of their minds.

People think I am joking when I write Goats are nature natural lawn service.

Those Serbians I knew have about the same size of land outside Houston and so told them buy a few Goats and let the graze on the law and you will never need to worry about mowing and they thought I was insane…

There are natural ways to do it and even in the city this can be done but make sure to keep the Goat within the yard because they are destructive…
And Goats are tasty. It's like raising little cows. But you have to feed cows. Cows cost money. Goats are probably practically free after you buy a couple and they start breeding?

If you can afford $30-$40 a year for gas, you shouldn't complain about Bidenflation of 8% or more?

That makes even less sense than most liberal math.
I'm just saying you could go with a natural landscape but if you want to fight so hard to continue doing something that isn't good for the planet and costs you a lot of money, don't say we didn't offer you any suggestions on how to keep more of your disposable income.

Inflation doesn't seem to be hurting you guys that bad. Some of you even bragged how you REFUSE to participate in No Mow May. Fine, then pay $5 a gallon.

United States uses more than 600 million gallons of gas to mow and trim lawns each year — about two gallons of gas for every man, woman and child, or five gallons per household. Mowers also consume engine oil in their crankcases, and two-stroke mowers consume oil in their fuel.

What is 600 million x $5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back