No more stimulus checks from the fed government

He’s a welfare recipient who has to use public WiFI.
FALSE! I have Spectrum for internet service, and am posting right now from HOME.No public Wifi. You talk too much, and without knowing what you're talking about. :laugh: I also don't have welfare.

If a Governor wants to continue with shutting down their states and keeping people from working let them pay for their citizens upkeep. No more bailouts for something they caused.
It will make your head spinning watching how fast they'll open their states
All 50 state have taken steps to reopen, are you not aware of that?
Yes I am aware of that democrat run states are the most reluctant to open. Therefore if you wait until June or July to open your citizens should not get any further assistance from the federal government go to the state
You believe every state should just all open at once, and killing as many people as possible from the virus...

We believe in the wise saying of, "Better safe, than sorry"

By opening up the economy cautiously, with measured steps, killing as few people as possible from the virus.

98% surival, time to climb out from under your bed.

20% chance of a critical illness attacking your heart, lungs and kidneys doing possibly permanent damage. Weeks in hospital. A lifetime of debt

Having Covid19 will henceforth be a “pre-existing condition”which will be reflected in you health insurance premiums for the rest of your life.

By all means go out and enjoy yourself.

Where did you get the 20% number?

The same place I’ve been getting them from day one.

The death rate is the deaths divided by total closed cases. 95,000 deaths, 370,000 recovered gives you 465,000 closed cases.

The world death rate is 14%. The American death rate is the highest in the world. That’s because you were late with testing and people didn’t get tested until they were very sick. The rest of the world had testing from day one.

Since the USA has increased testing, your death rate has come down from 38% of closed cases to 20%.

These are statistics the Trump Administration has never quoted, but this is reality of this pandemic.

That ignores self treated mild to moderate symptoms, and also asymptomatics. It also relies on a reporting system that can be days or even weeks behind. it also ignores that the case resolution period is as variable as the incubation period and the increase in severity period.

Since there is no cure, and all treatment is supportive in nature, knowing exactly what the person has isn't as important as knowing the symptoms being suffered.

[QUOTE="JustAGuy1, post: 24700177, member: The idiocy of these arguments is so typical of Republicans. Me me me me me first. Fuck the rest of the country.

Are you an American? You're prepared your see fellow Americans suffer and die because you’re selfish and greedy. There is no other take on this.

Your “every man for himself and fuck the rest of you” attitude is already the cause of the worst outbreak with the most death and illness in the world.

This pandemic will continue to destroy your economy until you stop with the partisan bullshit and take care of the people. ALL of the people.
Pandemics don’t do squat to any economy. People do.
Yep!
People trying to save people's lives.... :rolleyes:

People on welfare believe as rotten candy believes. They own nothing and must depend on people like you and I for their upkeep via the government welfare system.
Sure . And then they import illegal aliens, to boost up the Democrat vote, to make sure their welfare checks keep rolling in.

We'll add this to the tales you've told. This is a whopper....
Yeah ? Well I challenged you just recently regarding my veteran status ( 2 honorable discharges - Army Natl Guard and US Army), and you punked out. Remember the bet?
I'd send my papers to the USMB, and if I'm wrong, I stay out of USMB for the rest of this year. If I'm right, you stay out of here.

OK. Here's the new bet. I'll send copies of my business licenses and SFBNs, to the administrators here. When they see the papers, you're out of here for the year. If they don't confirm them, I'll be out. That's it , You're challenged again. Gonna punk out again ?

PS - I have the papers in my computer. I can email them to the forum instantaneously. :biggrin:

But what happens if there is a huge spike in cases down the road (or in the not too distant future)? I guarantee that they will shut down parts or all of the state as needed to regain control. So your argument doesn't really have legs.

A spike in "cases" doesn't mean anything, Shut! There was always going to be a spike in cases as soon as we had enough testing to test more people! What matters is the mortality rate and how many people require hospitalization! Both of THOSE numbers are going down dramatically! To be blunt...we handled this badly. We never should have shut down the economy. We should have protected the elderly and those with poor health by having THEM stay home...but the rest of us should have gone to work and simply employed common sense...social distancing...the wearing of masks...taking employees temperatures! Those States and countries that employed that strategy didn't have mortality rates any higher than those places that shut everything down!

The same place I’ve been getting them from day one.

The death rate is the deaths divided by total closed cases. 95,000 deaths, 370,000 recovered gives you 465,000 closed cases.

The world death rate is 14%. The American death rate is the highest in the world. That’s because you were late with testing and people didn’t get tested until they were very sick. The rest of the world had testing from day one.

Since the USA has increased testing, your death rate has come down from 38% of closed cases to 20%.

These are statistics the Trump Administration has never quoted, but this is reality of this pandemic.
FALSE! The US death rate is NOT highest in the world. It is only 6 %, with deaths at 95,225, and cases at 1,599,999.

The UK is at 14%, with deaths at 36,042, and cases at 250,908.
Italy is at 14%, deaths at 32,330, and cases at 227,364.
Mexico is at 11%, with deaths at 6,090, and cases at 56,594.
France is at 15%, with deaths at 28,132, and cases at 181,575.
Netherlands is at 13%, with deaths at, 5,775, and cases at 44,700.
Spain is at 10%, with deaths at, 27,888, and cases at 279,524.

Last edited:
But what happens if there is a huge spike in cases down the road (or in the not too distant future)? I guarantee that they will shut down parts or all of the state as needed to regain control. So your argument doesn't really have legs.

A spike in "cases" doesn't mean anything, Shut! There was always going to be a spike in cases as soon as we had enough testing to test more people! What matters is the mortality rate and how many people require hospitalization! Both of THOSE numbers are going down dramatically! To be blunt...we handled this badly. We never should have shut down the economy. We should have protected the elderly and those with poor health by having THEM stay home...but the rest of us should have gone to work and simply employed common sense...social distancing...the wearing of masks...taking employees temperatures! Those States and countries that employed that strategy didn't have mortality rates any higher than those places that shut everything down!
60 million American seniors and 30 million additional younger adults with health conditions are at high risk....

Keeping those 90 million at risk people in isolation and not working and out and about, shopping and spending.... but in fear, at home....

Crushes any hopes of a healthy or recovering economy....So, imo, that is not the answer...

The goal was to flatten or reduce the curve, so that we could begin random and hotspot test, and contact tracing to find those that are positive, and isolate the infected or suspected infected only...

Instead of isolating the 90 million at risk Americans....

Isolating only those testing positive, which are tens of millions less people, than the 90 million....

A good testing and contact tracing testing program and isolation is tedious, takes effort, but will without any doubt, be the best thing possible for our economy, and consumer confidence that we need, to bring us to the new normal imo.

You got any numbers to show this ? And why would going to work make for less cases ? I don't see the logic in that.

Last edited:
But what happens if there is a huge spike in cases down the road
Nothing.

This virus is not life threatening to the vast majority of Americans. You get sick, you stay home till you get better. If you are one of the few Americans that are at risk DON'T GO OUT.

Life CAN NOT revolve around a miniscule percentage of our population. The financial and emotional distress it causes is more damaging than the actual virus in most cases.

Life CAN NOT revolve around a miniscule percentage of our population. The financial and emotional distress it causes is more damaging than the actual virus in most cases.
But if the majority of the population were to go out and mingle in bars, restaurants, schools, offices, etc, THEN the virus would spread fast, and it would NOT BE a miniscule percentage of our population.

Perhaps the reason why it is a miniscule percentage of our population, is only because of the shutting down and social distancing.

Say it ain't so!

The Democrats won't be able give our tax money to the filthy ass Illegals like they want to do.

How are the shithead Democrats going to get the Illegals to vote for them if they don't give them our money?

60 million American seniors and 30 million additional younger adults with health conditions are at high risk....

Keeping those 90 million at risk people in isolation and not working and out and about, shopping and spending.... but in fear, at home....

Crushes any hopes of a healthy or recovering economy....So, imo, that is not the answer...

The goal was to flatten or reduce the curve, so that we could begin random and hotspot test, and contact tracing to find those that are positive, and isolate the infected or suspected infected only...

Instead of isolating the 90 million at risk Americans....

Isolating only those testing positive, which are tens of millions less people, than the 90 million....

A good testing and contact tracing testing program and isolation is tedious, takes effort, but will without any doubt, be the best thing possible for our economy, and consumer confidence that we need, to bring us to the new normal imo.

So let me get this straight...you think quarantining healthy people...preventing them from going to the jobs with which they support their families...is GOOD for the economy?

What have we gained by shutting down the economy for months? Is it safe now for those 90 million to be outside of their homes? If we'd allowed healthy people to be exposed to the virus and recover...then the largest part of our population would have immunity to it. That means the majority of the public wouldn't be out there spreading the virus making it FAR safer for the elderly and those with physical ailments to leave their homes! As it is now...those people are STILL stuck in their houses and will be for months to come! This was insanity! You let some Chicken Little "The sky is falling!" zealots scare you into AWFUL policy!

You got any numbers to show this ? And why would going to work make for less cases ? I don't see the logic in that.
Sigh...it's not that it would make for less cases, Protectionist! It would make for MORE! Here's the thing though...you WANT the healthy part of our population to be exposed to the virus while the elderly and the weak are self quarantining at home! You want them to be exposed and to build up immunity when they recover! The more people you have with immunity...the safer it is for the elderly and the weak to leave their homes! If you don't have that herd immunity than they're no safer than they were before!

[QUOTE="JustAGuy1, post: 24700177, member: The idiocy of these arguments is so typical of Republicans. Me me me me me first. Fuck the rest of the country.

Are you an American? You're prepared your see fellow Americans suffer and die because you’re selfish and greedy. There is no other take on this.

Your “every man for himself and fuck the rest of you” attitude is already the cause of the worst outbreak with the most death and illness in the world.

This pandemic will continue to destroy your economy until you stop with the partisan bullshit and take care of the people. ALL of the people.
The rest of the country hasn't done anything worthy of my help so yes fuckem. When you Leftists have a legitimate complaint against the president you'll have more support.

Last edited:
So let me get this straight...you think quarantining healthy people...preventing them from going to the jobs with which they support their families...is GOOD for the economy?
where do you get that from? Just the opposite, it is ideal to isolate the sick, not those who do not have covid.... you need enough test kits available to start a containment program.... we didn't have them initially, and it is the sole reason why we had to shutter and stay at home, because the virus was spreading rapidly, without us knowing where it was spreading, so to curb it. We FINALLY have more tests available and cases of new covid patients hospitalized, being reduced in many spots, to start a containment program....for the infected, not the masses.

What have we gained by shutting down the economy for months? Is it safe now for those 90 million to be outside of their homes? If we'd allowed healthy people to be exposed to the virus and recover...then the largest part of our population would have immunity to it. That means the majority of the public wouldn't be out there spreading the virus making it FAR safer for the elderly and those with physical ailments to leave their homes! As it is now...those people are STILL stuck in their houses and will be for months to come! This was insanity! You let some Chicken Little "The sky is falling!" zealots scare you into AWFUL policy!
as I have explained, it lowered the hospitalizations enough to begin contact tracing and the Containment process.....

natural herd immunity does not take place until 60% to 70% of the population is immune.... it takes a few years, and massive deaths... ESPECIALLY with a virus like COVID, and this IS WHY WE CREATED VACCINES..... God bless the Scientists! so that we could accomplish herd immunity, rapidly, through vaccines, with many many many fewer deaths, and in less time.... Vaccines are medical PROGRESS.

your way of this natural immunity crap with COVID, is inhumane, and kills off 20% of the high risk people, that's 18 million deaths..... and completely annihilates our healthcare system.....!!!!

where do you get that from? Just the opposite, it is ideal to isolate the sick, not those who do not have covid.... you need enough test kits available to start a containment program.... we didn't have them initially, and it is the sole reason why we had to shutter and stay at home, because the virus was spreading rapidly, without us knowing where it was spreading, so to curb it. We FINALLY have more tests available and cases of new covid patients hospitalized, being reduced in many spots, to start a containment program....for the infected, not the masses.

as I have explained, it lowered the hospitalizations enough to begin contact tracing and the Containment process.....

natural herd immunity does not take place until 60% to 70% of the population is immune.... it takes a few years, and massive deaths... ESPECIALLY with a virus like COVID, and this IS WHY WE CREATED VACCINES..... God bless the Scientists! so that we could accomplish herd immunity, rapidly, through vaccines, with many many many fewer deaths, and in less time.... Vaccines are medical PROGRESS.

your way of this natural immunity crap with COVID, is inhumane, and kills off 20% of the high risk people, that's 18 million deaths..... and completely annihilates our healthcare system.....!!!!
Oh, bullshit! You quarantine the elderly and those with medical conditions. You let the healthy continue working. The number of healthy people who died from Covid 19 is miniscule! Never in the history of pandemics have we quarantined healthy people! It makes zero sense.

You know what is "annihilating" our healthcare system? Shutting major parts of it down so that we'd have empty hospital beds for patients THAT NEVER MATERIALIZED! You've got thousands of medical people getting laid off and medical facilities going under because of the way that people like you succumbed to panic!

People are dying by the thousands because people like you, Care have scared them so badly that they're afraid to go to a hospital for treatments.

Oh, bullshit! You quarantine the elderly and those with medical conditions. You let the healthy continue working. The number of healthy people who died from Covid 19 is miniscule! Never in the history of pandemics have we quarantined healthy people! It makes zero sense.

You know what is "annihilating" our healthcare system? Shutting major parts of it down so that we'd have empty hospital beds for patients THAT NEVER MATERIALIZED! You've got thousands of medical people getting laid off and medical facilities going under because of the way that people like you succumbed to panic!
The elderly over 65, are 60 million people, those younger but at medical high risk are 30 million people, that's 90 million people at a higher risk of dying.

How in the heck will shuttering those 90 million at risk big spenders and eaters, help the economy?

We need to isolate the infected, for the duration of their bout....

These are miniscule in number compared to the 90 million, at risk... And isolating them, years on end.... killing our economy.

Forum List

Back