No more "humane" death penalty?

How about just turning the convicted murder over to the family and friends of the victim. Armed, of course, with nothing other than three-tine forks (no length restriction)?

Then the family lowers themselves to the level of the killer.

Most of the time I'm against the death penalty, but in certain cases like the Green River Killer I feel it is appropriate and frankly I could care less about their rights or how they feel. If it were up to me I would make them suffer for as long as possible. They have done terrible, terrible things to women and they deserve every painful misery that can be bestowed upon them.

Barbaric? Yes, certainly. Some "people" deserve no better.

I am FOR the death penalty. Enough of this hand slapping crap. But, with conditions. DNA evidence. 100% positive they are guilty.
Too many crimes are committed while in prison by people who are locked up but still order those crimes. I am tired of supporting them. Send them off to hell where they belong.

Even with DNA, the person could have still been set up. All I need is a bit of your DNA, plant it at my crime scene, and you get strapped down and a needle in your arm.

There is NO DOUBT that Gary Ridgway is the green river killer. None. The fact that he's still breathing is an insult to his victims.

Even with DNA, the person could have still been set up. All I need is a bit of your DNA, plant it at my crime scene, and you get strapped down and a needle in your arm.

Liberals make great criminals. See how they think?

she is actually right.DNA can not be considered 100% exceptional proof in a lot of cases. Even fingerprints can't - and they are much more solid proof than DNA is ( for the variety of reasons).

this high probability of a mistake and extremely unfair "justice" we have in this country is the reason why I do not actually have an opinion set in stone about the death penalty.
In really proven cases - where the evidence is direct, proven correct without any possibility of a mistake - yes.
But since the so-called justice in the court room is very often just a spectacle - where the prosecutors have been proven not to be too scrupulous in their methods and the defense has been not ever interested in the answer but just to get the client off the hook even if the client is guilty 1000% - there is no easy answer.

The death penalty should be undertaken with the same degree of humanity the killer showed to his victims. The pity of it is, a killer can murder many but his life can only be taken once.

AOL.com Article - States consider reviving old-fashioned executions

Hmmm. Might make those planning to break the law rethink those thoughts.

Why don't they just use morphine? A morphine drip at increased dosages until the heart stops.

The guillotine is the most efficient and least painful, but the American consumer can't stomach it. Not even the conservative. -- There's some notion that the brain gets visual signals for several moments after the head is severed.

to painless....

I am FOR the death penalty. Enough of this hand slapping crap. But, with conditions. DNA evidence. 100% positive they are guilty.
Too many crimes are committed while in prison by people who are locked up but still order those crimes. I am tired of supporting them. Send them off to hell where they belong.

yeah, but here's the problem.

In IL, you had 15 people who were exonerated and released from Death Row because when someone finally did a serious investigation, they found out some other guy did it.

Most egregious of all was the case of one Rolando Cruz, who was convicted despite prosecutors knowing a guy named Brian Dugan did the murder, but wouldn't make a formal confession until they took the Death Penatly off the table. They tried and convicted Cruz anyway. Then the courts overturned it, and they tried him again, implying he knew Dugan. He got convicted again.

Then, finally, they DNA tested Dugan, and found out, yup, he did it all by himself. They put a stop to it at the third trial.

Now you think this level of official misconduct, there's be consequences. Nope. They put the cops and prosecutors on trial for framing this guy, but the jury acquitted them and then went out and had drinks with the defendents afterwards.

This isn't in some redneck country, BTW, this is Dupage County in Illinois, the second largest county and the center of Republican Power.

Sorry, I simply do not have enough faith in our current system to give it the death penalty.

yeah, but here's the problem.

In IL, you had 15 people who were exonerated and released from Death Row because when someone finally did a serious investigation, they found out some other guy did it.

Most egregious of all was the case of one Rolando Cruz, who was convicted despite prosecutors knowing a guy named Brian Dugan did the murder, but wouldn't make a formal confession until they took the Death Penatly off the table. They tried and convicted Cruz anyway. Then the courts overturned it, and they tried him again, implying he knew Dugan. He got convicted again.

Then, finally, they DNA tested Dugan, and found out, yup, he did it all by himself. They put a stop to it at the third trial.

Now you think this level of official misconduct, there's be consequences. Nope. They put the cops and prosecutors on trial for framing this guy, but the jury acquitted them and then went out and had drinks with the defendents afterwards.

This isn't in some redneck country, BTW, this is Dupage County in Illinois, the second largest county and the center of Republican Power.

Sorry, I simply do not have enough faith in our current system to give it the death penalty.

And in a case like this THERE SHOULD be criminal consequences for the prosecution. Amazing how you collectivists are all about abrogating your rights and giving the government power over everything. I guess you just figure the law of averages will keep you safe right? They'll go after the other guy but leave you alone...right?

[

And in a case like this THERE SHOULD be criminal consequences for the prosecution. Amazing how you collectivists are all about abrogating your rights and giving the government power over everything. I guess you just figure the law of averages will keep you safe right? They'll go after the other guy but leave you alone...right?

You beat that straw man. YOu beat that straw man really good.

Actually, the reason they went after the aforementioned Mr. Cruz is because he had a criminal record, he was a minority, and, oh yeah, he actually lied to investigators trying to scam them out of reward money and ended up convincing them he was involved.

So, no, the problem here wasn't the power of the state, it was its competence in doing its job.

But here's the thing. I don't think we'd have gotten better justice from the private sector, do you?

[

Actually, the reason they went after the aforementioned Mr. Cruz is because he had a criminal record, he was a minority, and, oh yeah, he actually lied to investigators trying to scam them out of reward money and ended up convincing them he was involved.

So, no, the problem here wasn't the power of the state, it was its competence in doing its job.

But here's the thing. I don't think we'd have gotten better justice from the private sector, do you?

It's competence? Denying him his Civil Liberties Under Color of Authority, Title 18 Section 243 of the US Criminal Code is not a question of competence, nimrod.

AOL.com Article - States consider reviving old-fashioned executions

Hmmm. Might make those planning to break the law rethink those thoughts.

Why don't they just use morphine? A morphine drip at increased dosages until the heart stops.

The guillotine is the most efficient and least painful, but the American consumer can't stomach it. Not even the conservative. -- There's some notion that the brain gets visual signals for several moments after the head is severed.

I could.

Executions should be televised.

Nope. There are freaks who would murder just so they could get on TV. No thanks!

Sounds like a herd thinning opportunity to me.

How about just turning the convicted murder over to the family and friends of the victim. Armed, of course, with nothing other than three-tine forks (no length restriction)?

Then the family lowers themselves to the level of the killer.

And?

[

It's competence? Denying him his Civil Liberties Under Color of Authority, Title 18 Section 243 of the US Criminal Code is not a question of competence, nimrod.

Okay, let's get real here and put down the "talking points".

The main reason why Cruz got convicted is the same reason why MOST guys get convicted. Because they go into trial with an underpaid public defender who doesn't have the resources the police have.

Now, as I said, Cruz caused at least some of his own problems in that he tried to scam the cops out of reward money and implicated himself in a crime he had nothing to do with. Essentially, he try to talk a good game and guessed details the cops had withheld.

There should have been a point where the cops and prosecutors realized that they made a mistake, but really, they didn't.

In short, the problem wasn't EVVVVVVIL government, it was people. People who couldn't admit when they were wrong.

Which is why until we reform the entire system, we shouldn't have a death penalty. Maybe not even then.

Forum List

Back