"No, I Won't Be Going": Trump Says He Will Not Pay Respects to John Lewis Lying in State

"No, I Won't Be Going": Trump Says He Will Not Pay Respects to John Lewis Lying in State

Does this surprise anyone?

The impeached president trump proves, once again, he has no class.

The numbers of personnel involved in Trump's security would greatly disrupt the solemnity of the proceedings.

Perhaps if you Democrats weren't so irrationally volatile, things might be different.

I respect Lewis' efforts in civil rights. The rest? Not so much.

Lewis marched with King. Ok, great.

He parlayed that into a 40 year career sucking on the Govt teet, and he has nothing to show for it just like Crazy Joe.

Sorry he died, but plant him already. Why all the pomp and circumstance of a career civil servant?

John Lewis doesn't deserve President Trump's presence. He was a petty man who looked more like a communist than a US senator.

He sent out his tweet in condolence, that is enough considering the relationship or lackthereof.

As it were, John Lewis refused to accept him as president, I think he called Trump a racist, illegitimate, elected by Putin, or something to that effect. Completely irrational. Career politicians appalled a businessman could ever understand Americans better than he could.

Ultimately, even if Trump wanted to pay some respects, which would really be disingenuous considering the political climate; he would be met with resistance, not be welcome by the other career, niche politicians. It's why they basically give any opponent of Trumps a state funeral reserved for a president, whereas in a normal political climate, the tone would be far lighter.

I remember when John McCain passed and all the Canadian radio hosts were yelling "this is a travesty, he was such a brave man"...."who will stand up to Trump now" (code for, "who the hell will stop him from holding Canada to account and allowing us to play our games as we always have?")?

It was an insult to my intelligence, though most Canadians are too uninformed to care. These same radio hosts hated McCain when he ran in 2008. I guarantee you our papers and radio called him every name in the book and mocked him. Canadians by reflex were taught to despise him. Since he gave the thumbs down to Trumps healthcare changes, he's now cool.

At least when Trump doesn't go, he can't be called a hypocrite.

Sometimes I forget how awesome President Trump is. Why in the wide world of fuck would he waste his time going to the equivalent of a carwash employee's funeral.

The man's got a country to run. Let the little people take out the trash.

Lewis didn't attend Trump's inauguration, saying Trump was an illegitimate president. That was a real big league statement.
Lewis wanted to impeach Trump because he was white, and yet, democrats praise him as if he was another Buckwheat or Erkel?

Sometimes I forget how awesome President Trump is. Why in the wide world of fuck would he waste his time going to the equivalent of a carwash employee's funeral.

The man's got a country to run. Let the little people take out the trash.

Ouch

Why aren't you there? You must be a racist or something? Low class? Hypocrite? Or just a bored dude? Who cares. Fuck the the old bastard. He was no great loss. He was definitely a lazy congressmen. How many years on the hill and ZERO accomplished in regards to race relations? I would go, but only to shit on his casket.

Dude spent 40+ years on our dime trying to fix racism....................we still have "systemic racism".

Hey, let's celebrate more failure.............it's the Dimwinger way!

Lewis said Trump should be impeached cuz he knows racism when he sees and feels it:21: :21: :21: :bs1:

Lewis, the great hero told blacks we should fear Trump. After all, their lives improved on Trump's watch, but Lewis had his fEEEEEEEEEEEElingSSSSS and that's what's important.

Trump Says He Will Not Pay Respects to John Lewis Lying in State
If he did go you would say he doesn't deserve to be there, or make up some other excuse to say whatever he did was wrong.

LET'S BE CLEAR: There is NOTHING Trump could do to ever get a compliment from the Left. He could walk on water, he could cure Covid tomorrow.

Frankly I'm surprised the Lewis family didn't ban him. If he did show up, they would just call it a political stunt, hypocritical, wasting time while millions die in the streets. Pandering to Blacks for votes, so why go? Meantime we all know that Joe Biden did exactly that.

Lewis was a nobody who will be forgotten in a week. All this pomp and circumstance has just been another pandering to blacks by the Democrats for votes from the idiot class of society.

Ronald Reagan had to defeat the USSR with Star Wars, he had to bring Germany together reunited to lie in State.
Alex Fleming had to discover penicillin to end infectious disease to get a Nobel Prize.

Barry Obama got a Nobel Prize just for getting elected a Black man.
John Lewis was laid in State just to kiss black ass.

I believe that President Trump made the right decision.

His presence there would have only caused a commotion.

It is possible, in fact, that some of the family of Representative Lewis would have refused to acknowledge his presence, a made-in-Heaven scenario for the anti-Trump media.

Many Americans consider Donald J. Trump to be a "racist." Quite honestly, by some metrics, maybe he is. He has publicly said that he would prefer immigrants from Norway instead of certain other countries (for which he used a very vulgar term).

President Trump's not going to the Capitol on Monday showed that he was not a hypocrite.

Forum List

Back