Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
May 19, 2013
DMV
Anyone buy it yet? Pros/Cons?

I'm thinking of getting one.

egg-blue-icon-21_zpsrkhwmp2y.png

I've been a Nintendo fan since the 80's. The Mario and Zelda series have been my favorites.

Nintendo always brings the fun factor. Always about playability and entertainment, not hardcore gaming. Owned every Nintendo system since the original NES, though not sure I will go with Switch, at least not immediately.

I still remember that Christmas Day when I played Super Mario Bros for hours. Was fully ahead of it's time, pushing the boundaries from Coleco Vision and Atari. I always remained loyal to the Nintendo, outside of Sega Dreamcast which was a pretty good system for it's time also, before they got out of the hardware business.

I told my wife, we will wait for awhile until everything runs it's course and then pick it up on the cheap (hopefully).

I was hooked on the space combat games by Atari back in the early 80's.

Got over it finally when I made it to Fleet Star Commander.

Playing it on what was then called a big screen TV was fascinating -- like being in a star wars movie.

Have not been hooked again ever since.

Now I spend my spare time in the gym or on my mountain bike.

Much healthier that way.

Video games are like heroin for your brain.

Once you get hooked they've got you.

The azzhole that shot-up Sandy Hook got his shooting tactics off a video game as well.

These young azzholes are not mature enough to deal with the indoctrination of killing so they turn into little murderers.

That's another reason to stay away and keep your kids away from video games.

Been with Xbox for years but as of late do not like the system.

Looking for a switch and might look further into the switch and hope you post a review on it from your personal experience.

I haven't bought one yet, but still looking into getting one soon. Finals week for me is next week, so maybe next weekend. We'll see. I'll need something to kill a few hours each night until the summer semester starts in June. Something about logging into work after being there 9 - 10 hours a day just ain't my thang. :badgrin:

Got the Nintendo Switch - graphics are awesome! I bought Mario Odyssey and Zelda to go with it. Haven't played Zelda yet, but I will say the new Mario game is fun.

I used to be hooked on the original Zelda back in the 80s. Best game ever. Well, I like the
Riven and Myst games that were on early Windows. Think I still have those in a drawer some place.

I've played Zelda since Nintendo first came out with it. I haven't had time yet to play the latest on the Switch. Maybe this weekend.

I was just looking at Mario vs Rabbids today on the Nintendo store. Might get it.

Forum List

Back