NFL Conference Championship games

Shanahan said they didn't see an angle that made it seem like anything but a catch. The replays they showed on TV looked like a catch at first; it wasn't until after the Eagles had already run a play that they showed an angle that let you see the ball hit the ground and move around.
It was the first drive of the game, I completely understand not wanting to blow a time out on that play. It sucked, but I get it.
Yeah I think anytime a receiver goes up, especially on a one handed catch, then crashes to the ground its worth a challenge. Especially when the other team is rushing to get a play off and the receiver is telling them to, as he knew he dropped it. Plus this was a 4th down play.

So what? Three violations on that last play and only one ref throws the flag. It decided the outcome of the game. That is a fact.
Who is continuing to whine now?
Im not whining Im pointing out how foolish your argument is. How it lacks understanding of the game and how they are decided. Besides you didnt even watch the game so how would you have any perspective on what did or did not "decide the game"?

I think they will too.

Jalen Hurts runs the offense very well. He has tons of weapons, and is a weapon in his own right.

What isn't usually talked about is the Eagle defense. They showed they are capable of shutting anyone down.

Couple points on this.

It's clear that both QB's need this 2 weeks to get healed up. Lets hope that happens. Jalen Hurts didnt look like JALEN HURTS on Sunday. Alot of his passes seemed short and he wasnt using his legs at all in the first half and on a limited basis (for him) in the second. Now that might be because they had the game in hand and they didnt want to risk it. But we know he was hurt and we have to assume that injury is lingering to one extent or another.

The Eagles have not been "tested" so far in the PO's. That can be good or bad. They played a mediocre Giants team and a SF team who lost their starting 3rd string QB and then their practice squad back up. Purdy played almost the entire second half and couldn't throw the ball. SF was down 2 scores at that point but the game was essentially over once Purdy went down. You cant beat an elite team like the Eagles with a practice squad QB.

If the Chiefs are healthy I'd never bet against Mahomes. He' a dude. People are talking about him as the GOAT, and Im not sure they are wrong. The things he sees, and does are just insane. I dont know how he processes what's happening in front of him and gets the ball into some of the windows he does.

Hopefully it's a great game. If both QB's are healthy it should be.

Im not whining Im pointing out how foolish your argument is. How it lacks understanding of the game and how they are decided. Besides you didnt even watch the game so how would you have any perspective on what did or did not "decide the game"?
I have watched plenty of football and know the game well. If you are trying to say the referee bias did not determine the outcome of that game, then I would say you are the foolish one. The push out of bounds upon review is debatable anyway. The two obvious holds were not debatable.
Let the players win the game not the referees,. Call all the penalties or dont call any of them.

I have watched plenty of football and know the game well. If you are trying to say the referee bias did not determine the outcome of that game, then I would say you are the foolish one. The push out of bounds upon review is debatable anyway. The two obvious holds were not debatable.
Let the players win the game not the referees,. Call all the penalties or dont call any of them.
Maybe you should watch a bit more. I would sit with someone who understands the game better than you, maybe the QB for the middle school team in your area.

Maybe you should watch a bit more. I would sit with someone who understands the game better than you, maybe the QB for the middle school team in your area.
Sorry, you wont win this one. Too many examples in the past of this very thing, refs determining the outcome at the end of a game when the other team has no chance to fight back.
Thats the difference....teams throughout the course of a game have an opportunity to overcome bad calls...time on the clock to do so. A biased call at the end of a game...tacking on an extra 15 yards to a questionable play when the entire play should have been wiped out....offers no such opportunity.

As far as your insults, I know as much about football as just about anyone so like the rest of your babble, it means nothing.

Not happening.

We have plenty of QBs.

None of which can stay healthy. The 49rs have a clear talent gap at QB.

Jimmy G will be gone.
Brock Purdy is a nice story but he's not a top 10 QB.
Trey Lance is an expensive project who hasnt seen the field much and hasnt looked all that great when he has.

They need to do something at QB. Derek Carr? Maybe Brady. Carr would obviously be a longer term solution to the issue at QB and he's always available. Availability is the most important ability.

You don't have plenty of GOOD quarterbacks. It's quality not quantity.
We do. I like Brock Purdy but we also have Trey Lance who we spent a fortune on, who has looked good in minimal play time. Jimmy G is very serviceable but the odd man out.

None of which can stay healthy. The 49rs have a clear talent gap at QB.

Jimmy G will be gone.
Brock Purdy is a nice story but he's not a top 10 QB.
Trey Lance is an expensive project who hasnt seen the field much and hasnt looked all that great when he has.

They need to do something at QB. Derek Carr? Maybe Brady. Carr would obviously be a longer term solution to the issue at QB and he's always available. Availability is the most important ability.
I say we go with Purdy. Outside of that injury in the NFC championship he has looked great.

We have an expensive project in Trey Lance. Why on earth would we bring in a new guy instead of letting him play?

I say we go with Purdy. Outside of that injury in the NFC championship he has looked great.

We have an expensive project in Trey Lance. Why on earth would we bring in a new guy instead of letting him play?
He looked ok. The 9rs have a stacked roster.

Purdy avgs.

150 yds/gm
18 attempts/gm

He also played

Miami
TB
Seahawks
Cardinals
Raiders
Commanders

There are alot of bad teams in there. Essentially everyone but the Dolphins were pretty bad.

If you can get Derek Carr I think you do it. He's a relatively cheap upgrade to every QB on your roster and he doesn't get injured. He doesnt completely close the talent gap you have at QB but the other pieces on the roster more than make up for that.

Brady is too immobile for Shannahan's offense.

Forum List

Back