NFL Conference Championship games

Borillar

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2012
Directly above the center of the Earth
Well, the divisional playoff games are done and we have the final four teams. The Eagles will host the 49ers for the NFC Championship game and the Chiefs will host the Bengals for the AFC Championship. The NFC game looks like a great matchup. The 49ers have the #1 defense and the Eagles have the #2 defense. I think the Eagles offense has an advantage with Jalen Hurts, but the 49ers defense did a good job of bottling up Dak Prescott. Should be a very good game. Think I will go with the Eagles at home. The AFC game, I don't give the Chiefs much chance of winning unless Mahomes is a very quick healer. I'll go with the Bengals to win.

Well, the divisional playoff games are done and we have the final four teams. The Eagles will host the 49ers for the NFC Championship game and the Chiefs will host the Bengals for the AFC Championship. The NFC game looks like a great matchup. The 49ers have the #1 defense and the Eagles have the #2 defense. I think the Eagles offense has an advantage with Jalen Hurts, but the 49ers defense did a good job of bottling up Dak Prescott. Should be a very good game. Think I will go with the Eagles at home. The AFC game, I don't give the Chiefs much chance of winning unless Mahomes is a very quick healer. I'll go with the Bengals to win.

So far I'm waiting for the thrills of last yr.'s playoffs! It hasn't been there & the games are going according to Vegas! The Cincy win wasn't an upset! Buffalo had not looked good the last couple wks. of the season barely getting past an injured Miami team! I'm gonna go Phili & KC regardless of Mahomes' gimp! ;) :dunno::stir:

I was hoping the Giants would find a way to win, because they seemed like a much easier opponent for the 49ers. Philly is good all over, and Hurts did not look hurt in that last game. Still, I am of course going to pick the 49ers to win. I think Cincy will beat a KC team with a banged-up Mahomes, making this a rematch of a couple of 80s Super Bowls. And with the same result: 49ers SB winners. :D

Couldn't agree with you more. Eagles vs. Bengals, and Eagles for the win.

Screen Shot 2023-01-22 at 11.58.49 PM.png

Dak Prescott is not Hurts. That's like saying Dak looked good beating Tampa Bay. A playoff team that had a losing record. BFD. So I'm going with Eagles.

I hope Bengals win. I don't think they will so I'll predict Kansas City

And then I'll say Eagles win the Superbowl.

Dak Prescott is not Hurts. That's like saying Dak looked good beating Tampa Bay. A playoff team that had a losing record. BFD. So I'm going with Eagles.

I hope Bengals win. I don't think they will so I'll predict Kansas City

And then I'll say Eagles win the Superbowl.
I'm definitely not saying that Dak = Hurts. I was just saying that the 49er defense did a good job in bottling up a mobile QB. Whether or not they can contain Hurts remains to be seen. I'm also going with the Eagles over the 49ers. Probably will be another low scoring defensive battle.

I'm definitely not saying that Dak = Hurts. I was just saying that the 49er defense did a good job in bottling up a mobile QB. Whether or not they can contain Hurts remains to be seen. I'm also going with the Eagles over the 49ers. Probably will be another low scoring defensive battle.

Dax's just overrated AF! Jerry was stupid enuf to overpay him, so they constantly pump him up as being great!

Dax's just overrated AF! Jerry was stupid enuf to overpay him, so they constantly pump him up as being great!
Yeah, I really don't see what Jerry Jones sees in him. Basically a second or third tier QB who does OK when surrounded by talent. Kind of like a more mobile Kirk Cousins. They probably would have done about as well with Cooper Rush. Dak is definitely not a Staubach or Aikman type player and leader who will get them a championship. And since I I hate the Cowpies, I hope they keep on doing the same thing.

I think Hurts is great. If Mahomes and Russell Wilson had a kid. I hope he stays healthy. You know running quarterbacks don't seem to last long in the NFL.

Notice Dak doesn't use his feet like he used to? That's one thing that's changed about him. I never believed he was the one but I've been proven wrong before. I can't believe Dak didn't prove me wrong. TBH, I thought he was going to prove me wrong. But he totally choked. Now it will be interesting what happens to him from here on out. Does Jerry Jones believe in him? Has Jerry already invested too much to make a change? Does he have to give Dak another year or 4? Maybe Dak will prove me wrong.

You know what? I have to give Josh Allen some slack. This year he lost Damar Hamlin and Von Miller. That's two good defensive players the Bills lost. They'll be back next year. I think Josh Allen has what it takes. But will he ever win it all? Who knows. Most of the greats in our era have only won once. Very rare to have two superbowls. Will Mahomes do it? Aaron Rogers can't seem to get a second one. Russell Wilson can't get another one.

Tom Brady has 7. All the other active quarterbacks who have won it all, none of them 2

Who beat Tom Brady? Eli twice and Nick Foles threw the go-ahead touchdown pass with 2:21 to go and the Philadelphia Eagles won their first Super Bowl by outscoring Tom Brady and the New England Patriots 41-33 on Sunday night.

If Mahomes were healthy I would say chiefs Eagles, but high ankle sprains tend to linger for awhile.

Bengals vs Eagles Super Bowl matchup

If Mahomes were healthy I would say chiefs Eagles, but high ankle sprains tend to linger for awhile.

I did something to my inner side of the knee. Not the ACL but something like that. Did it on Wednesday and couldn't walk until Saturday. Suddenly it got better. If his injury is just that the guys weight rolled on his leg and he gimped it, I can see him resting and being okay for this coming game. But if it's serious, yea, maybe I would play the second stringer and see how he does. The team seems good even without Mahomes. Let him rest and only play him if they start losing or if they need him at the end of the game.

I bet you 1 million dollars Mahomes is in a Hyperberic Chamber right now

How does HBOT work? HBOT helps wound healing by bringing oxygen-rich plasma to tissue starved for oxygen. Wound injuries damage the body's blood vessels, which release fluid that leaks into the tissues and causes swelling. This swelling deprives the damaged cells of oxygen, and tissue starts to die.

is a type of treatment used to speed up healing of carbon monoxide poisoning, gangrene, wounds that won't heal, and infections in which tissues are starved for oxygen.

For this therapy, you enter a special chamber to breathe in pure oxygen in air pressure levels 1.5 to 3 times higher than average. The goal is to fill the blood with enough oxygen to repair tissues and restore normal body function.

I think Hurts is great. If Mahomes and Russell Wilson had a kid. I hope he stays healthy. You know running quarterbacks don't seem to last long in the NFL.

Notice Dak doesn't use his feet like he used to? That's one thing that's changed about him. I never believed he was the one but I've been proven wrong before. I can't believe Dak didn't prove me wrong. TBH, I thought he was going to prove me wrong. But he totally choked. Now it will be interesting what happens to him from here on out. Does Jerry Jones believe in him? Has Jerry already invested too much to make a change? Does he have to give Dak another year or 4? Maybe Dak will prove me wrong.

You know what? I have to give Josh Allen some slack. This year he lost Damar Hamlin and Von Miller. That's two good defensive players the Bills lost. They'll be back next year. I think Josh Allen has what it takes. But will he ever win it all? Who knows. Most of the greats in our era have only won once. Very rare to have two superbowls. Will Mahomes do it? Aaron Rogers can't seem to get a second one. Russell Wilson can't get another one.

Tom Brady has 7. All the other active quarterbacks who have won it all, none of them 2

Who beat Tom Brady? Eli twice and Nick Foles threw the go-ahead touchdown pass with 2:21 to go and the Philadelphia Eagles won their first Super Bowl by outscoring Tom Brady and the New England Patriots 41-33 on Sunday night.

I think Mahomes lost out the most this past off-season w/ the loss of Tyreek Hill! That was his big play guy! Now they have to work going down the field! Their coupling could have surpassed the mythos of Montana/ Young/Rice or Marino/Duper/Clayton! I wonder is Hill calling the backwoods of KC? :dunno: :rolleyes::stir::heehee::)

I think Mahomes lost out the most this past off-season w/ the loss of Tyreek Hill! That was his big play guy! Now they have to work going down the field! Their coupling could have surpassed the mythos of Montana/ Young/Rice or Marino/Duper/Clayton! I wonder is Hill calling the backwoods of KC? :dunno: :rolleyes::stir::heehee::)
I wonder if Antonio Brown banged Gizelle and that's why her and Brady got a divorce.

Weeks ago, Antonio Brown posted a photo with Gisele Bundchen just as rumors of the supermodel's potential divorce from Tom Brady gained steam.

e0404-16667720134453-1920.jpg

I did something to my inner side of the knee. Not the ACL but something like that. Did it on Wednesday and couldn't walk until Saturday. Suddenly it got better. If his injury is just that the guys weight rolled on his leg and he gimped it, I can see him resting and being okay for this coming game. But if it's serious, yea, maybe I would play the second stringer and see how he does. The team seems good even without Mahomes. Let him rest and only play him if they start losing or if they need him at the end of the game.

I bet you 1 million dollars Mahomes is in a Hyperberic Chamber right now

How does HBOT work? HBOT helps wound healing by bringing oxygen-rich plasma to tissue starved for oxygen. Wound injuries damage the body's blood vessels, which release fluid that leaks into the tissues and causes swelling. This swelling deprives the damaged cells of oxygen, and tissue starts to die.

is a type of treatment used to speed up healing of carbon monoxide poisoning, gangrene, wounds that won't heal, and infections in which tissues are starved for oxygen.

For this therapy, you enter a special chamber to breathe in pure oxygen in air pressure levels 1.5 to 3 times higher than average. The goal is to fill the blood with enough oxygen to repair tissues and restore normal body function.
I’m sure he’s getting nonstop treatment around the clock, but knowing that it’s a high sprain I’m pretty confident his mobility will be stunted. Mahomes does a lot of his damage outside of the pocket, and I think he’s going to be limited that area. Mahomes healthy I would say the Chiefs by 3, injured Mahomes I say Bengals by 3.

Very likely the next day, Mahomes ankle was swelled like a balloon and he was on crutches. He will be lucky to play at all on sunday much less be fully recovered if it was a true high ankle sprain. That gives Cincinnati a decided advantage.

Indeed.the chumps could not beat the bengals last year at home with a healthy Mahomes,what chance do they have with him playing on one leg? You hate to see something like this effect a teams chances of going to the Super Bowl.Like to see teams earn it as the bengals did last year. I did not even realise or have it dawn on me till a couple of days ago thst this is a rematch of last years AFC title game.these two teams look like they will have a rivalry with many matchups in the future.a lot like the cheatriots and colts did when manning and Brady were with their teams.i think the only question now at this point is will the bengals earn the title the bungles in the Super Bowl again or will this be their breakthrough and Cincinnati finally has a Super Bowl trophy to host.

I sure hope so assuming they win as we all believe because the only way cincinnati will ever see a championship ring again other than an afc championship,and win the whole thing is with the bengals,won’t ever happen with the reds,the days of the big red machine winning world championships or even winning the NL title or even in the playoffs,are over forever as long as baseball remains corrupt as it is where small market teams cannot compete with the big market teams.

Would like to see a niners upset but that won’t happen,if you can barely beat the cowturds,then your not thst good.a good defense but not much of an offense,that’s expected with a rookie quarterback with only six or so games under his belt.

Last edited:
Mahomes's ankle is fine. There's been plenty of footage this week of him working out, and every indication is that he at or near 100%. Frankly, though, even if he had to stay in the pocket, people forget that he is still wildly effective from there. He'll be fine.

The Bengals have tons of confidence, but remember how close they came to losing to the Patriots (!) in the Wild Card game, and the Bills were not at their best. They are short on experience, and I think they made a big mistake by taunting the Chiefs players (and fans) beforehand; that never works out well. I predict Chiefs.

In the NFC, the 49ers have a smothering defense, but the Eagles have a better quarterback and a more balanced team. I think they will be able to stall the 49ers D-line long enough to Hurts to pick apart their secondary. I say Eagles.

Forum List

Back