Newt on his Royal Virginia Ballot screw up: It's Like Pearl Harbor !

If you're going to MOCK someone you should at least get the damn tittle right.

Peal Harbor...

and calling others CLOWNS.:lol:

If you're going to mock someone, you should keep your reproductive organ out of it. :eusa_whistle:

Individuals have every right to criticize.... Those who believe it's wrong to criticize others while they're doing it are just as bad as those that are making ill comments...

A republican candidate's campaign manager makes a poor analogy......

vs.

A democrat president with the lowest approval rating since Harry Truman, and a party that got massacred during elections less than two years ago.

:eusa_clap:

Best you got.

Last edited:

vs.

A democrat president with the lowest approval rating since Harry Truman, and a party that got massacred during elections less than two years ago.

Best you got.
I'll grant ya....

It's better than ^ that ^ piss poor one.

vs.

Best you got.
I'll grant ya....

Frankly, I agree that the Republicans seem cursed to repeatedly choose the worst candidate.

(How much of the Virginia petition signature fiasco was GOP establishment dirty tricks? And the establishment does indeed hate Newt. Obama, himself, used that same technique to run unopposed in one election.)

"The deal, which breached Bush’s “read my lips, no new taxes” pledge, was one of the worst political mistakes in memory. Newt’s public opposition is one of the reasons the Republican old-time establishment, like John Sununu, hate Newt so intensely.

After a lengthy interview on Dec. 11, 1992, [Newt] sent a reporter a memo trying to explain the budget communications problem. It is a classic of Gingrich paradox.

“I was telling precisely the truth but by Washington standards I was lying,” he wrote. “They were lying but by Washington standards they were telling the truth. I thought I was being very precise in setting standards, they thought I was outlining a negotiating position. I knew I could and would walk. They knew I had to stay.” …

Gingrich had been warned about this moment. He said that a group of senior Republicans who had served in previous administrations told him he would have to cave in when a deal was struck.

“They all said, ‘Well [the White House and the congressional Democrats] will in the end cut a deal and they will in the end call you in a room and they will tell you, you have to agree.’ And I said, ‘Boys, there’s not a chance in hell I’m going to agree . . .’ And they all said, ‘Yes, you will, you just don’t understand, yes, you will.’ ”

He didn’t.

Supporters of the Bush tax deal blamed Newt for initially indicating he would go along and then refusing to do so. But the evidence in the article is not clear, documenting that Newt insisted on time for consideration before making a commitment.

Call this whole story a parable of what is wrong with the Republican Party. People who cut deals which sell out our principles are deemed reasonable, while those refuse to cut deals are called bomb throwers. That’s the term Bush used in endorsing Romney in an oblique swipe at Newt.

In 1990 it was Newt, in 2011 it’s House Tea Party Republicans. They were wrong in 1990 and they are wrong now.

And now they are propelling the ultimate deal cutter towards the nomination. And once again, Newt is standing in their way."

» They were wrong in 1990 and they are wrong now - Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion

vs.

Best you got.
I'll grant ya....

Frankly, I agree that the Republicans seem cursed to repeatedly choose the worst candidate.
428004.jpg

Just an aside. You saw the "deal cutters" in action this last week. The Tea Party was in full revolt over the $40 per week FICA abeyance and wanted to settle the problem then and there, but the 'Deal cutters" came in, Boehner caved, the Tea Party caved and the can got kicked down the road till next year. At that point they'll cut another deal which will leave a hole big enough for Obama to fly Air Force One through like his signing statement over Government funding for abortions in Obama Care.

Just an aside. You saw the "deal cutters" in action this last week. The Tea Party was in full revolt over the $40 per week FICA abeyance and wanted to settle the problem then and there, but the 'Deal cutters" came in, Boehner caved, the Tea Party caved and the can got kicked down the road till next year. At that point they'll cut another deal which will leave a hole big enough for Obama to fly Air Force One through like his signing statement over Government funding for abortions in Obama Care.

Yep, not only do we need to kick out the Democrats, but the entrenched Rinos of the Republican party.

well, I seriously think the Democrat party is full of batshit crazy commies and all you liberals are commie lovers.

:lol:

vs.

Best you got.
I'll grant ya....

That's because a good fire brand conservative with a spine and a full sack to take up the charge for the republicans seems to be nonexistent. We're stuck with having to chose from what we've got... which is still better than obama.

Yep, not only do we need to kick out the Democrats, but the entrenched Rinos of the Republican party.
I keep saying that a full blown enema at the hands of the people is in order.

You're actually going along with the Pearl Harbor analogy?

Wow. How sick.

You're dam right I am. How is it that 6 candidates out of 8--including Perry--get booted out of the Virginia primary--if it's not GOP establishment PEARL HARBOR?

You need a requisite amount of signatures to qualify for ballot access by state law.

What the fuck don't you get about this???

Yeah, stand by the TeaTards.

THAT'S the ticket!

:lol:

Forum List

Back