Newt Gingrich to Fox News: You ‘Invented’ Donald Trump

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
I love when the Right goes cannibal!
4i6Ckte.gif

Newt Gingrich to Fox News: You ‘Invented’ Donald Trump

Newt Gingrich is known for speaking his mind, often bluntly and without regards to politeness. That personality trait came in handy Monday on Fox & Friends, when the former House speaker told the right-leaning gabfest's hosts they "invented" the Donald Trump candidacy.

Starting in early 2011, Donald Trump appeared on Fox & Friends every Monday morning for an appropriately titled segment: "Mondays With Trump." When the relationship between the reality TV star and the morning talk show came under scrutiny, upon Trump's entrance into the presidential race, the cable news network axed the segment.

After Steve Doocy proclaimed Monday that the "establishment" GOP is "uncomfortable" with Trump, his co-host Brian Kilmeade added: “The billionaire is spending the least amount of money and running away with this thing."

And that's when Gingrich got real.

"Well, that's because of you guys," he asserted in the clip first spotted by Media Matters. "Donald Trump gets up in the morning, tweets to the entire planet at no cost, picks up the phone, calls you, has a great conversation for about eight minutes, which would have cost him a ton in commercial money, and meanwhile his opponents are all out there trying to raise the money to run an ad."

Clearly vexed by Gingrich's suggestion, Kilmeade fired back that "people make decisions"—i.e., Trump got all that free airtime because "from day one he made himself available to big and small [outlets]." Meanwhile, the Fox host said, past and present candidates like Mitt Romney, Jeb Bush, and Hillary Clinton haven't readily made media appearances.

But Newt was not backing down. "Look, you could say that Trump is the candidate Fox & Friends invented," he fired back. "He was on your show I think more than any other show."

"Every Monday," Doocy helpfully added.

"It was always a happy, positive conversation," Gingrich noted, driving the point home.

>> Well, that's because of you guys," he asserted in the clip first spotted by Media Matters. "Donald Trump gets up in the morning, tweets to the entire planet at no cost, picks up the phone, calls you, has a great conversation for about eight minutes, which would have cost him a ton in commercial money, and meanwhile his opponents are all out there trying to raise the money to run an ad. <<

Newt's spot-on correctomundo. The chicken came home to roost.

As the bible says, "If ye milk the attention whore as a cash cow for ratings, then do not whine and bitch when that whore cometh back to biteth you in the ath".

I think that's how it goes. Ask Donald Rump, he's so good at biblical proportions verses.

>> Clearly vexed by Gingrich's suggestion, Kilmeade fired back that "people make decisions"—i.e., Trump got all that free airtime because "from day one he made himself available to big and small [outlets]." Meanwhile, the Fox host said, past and present candidates like Mitt Romney, Jeb Bush, and Hillary Clinton haven't readily made media appearances. <<

Riiiiiight, nobody else makes himself/herself available to media outlets. They live in a tree hut with a sign outside saying "NO GURLS" and "MEDIA KEEP OUT".

Face it Burger King -- you made a deal with the attention whore devil whose sole purpose is drawing every body it can find into its egocentrical gravitational pull, and now you wanna cry the blues because that gravitational freefall is out of control.

"People make decisions", but TV makes decisions first, and as the most hypnotically influential propaganda tool ever invented, those decisions have consequences. And you know damn well they have consequences -- that's why you used those consequences to milk the ratings in the first place.

The silence in this thread is deafening.
4i6Ckte.gif
Are you are real person?

Real people do not have the gall to act as though the liberal media is the one with integrity in the room.

Unless that real person is totally deaf and blind, then they have an excuse.

"Well, that's because of you guys," he asserted in the clip first spotted by Media Matters. "Donald Trump gets up in the morning, tweets to the entire planet at no cost, picks up the phone, calls you, has a great conversation for about eight minutes, which would have cost him a ton in commercial money, and meanwhile his opponents are all out there trying to raise the money to run an ad."

This is exactly right, and I said the very same thing some time ago.

This is exactly right, and I said the very same thing some time ago.
Trump says he's funding his own campaign. No he's not - he's exchanging outrageous remarks for free airtime. It's a barter thing.

My God, does anyone still care what Gingrich says at this point? He's proven to be a corrupt fat ass dunce. What's next, they gonna march that old dumbass Karl Rove out to spew more nonsensical lunacy?

It's time for the Republican Party to wave bye bye to the Neocon (Nazi) assholes. Trump seems to be pulling folks away from that crowd a bit. And that's a very good thing. I hope it continues.

gee who would have thought fox news would bear some responsibility for a candidate running a campaign based on fear, innuendo, grandiose but false statements, no specifics, insults, and dependent on old white men.

i mean to make that connection one would have to be a genius!

now when will we see the double secret long form birth certificate of obama?

I think a lot about the advent of the 24 hour "news" channels and the impact they have had on American politics.

I think, all in all, they have created a devolution back to the early 19th century in political discourse. No smear is too ugly to utter, and the audience is never too dumb to parrot it ceaselessly.

Trying to fill up 24 hours of air time, 7 days a week, 365 days a year inevitably leads to a lot of manufactured bullshit. These blow dried monkeys are being paid to KEEP TALKING.

In this bizarro network world, it is better to say something really fucking stupid than to say nothing at all. They have to fill the air with noise. Any noise.

And now they surround that noise with bigger noises. Doom music, militaristic music. Emotionally manipulative sound to add more punch to the drivel.

So when you find a guy who makes over-the-top remarks on a regular basis, that's terrific grist for the starving talk mills. They need shit to talk about that rises above the mediocrity, and Trump gives to them

Trump says all these Mexicans are rapists! Holy shit, what a gift! The monkeys can stretch that shit out for days and days until Trump says something else really outrageous.

This is how he got his momentum. By timing his depraved meanderings to coincide with rhetorical troughs.

Trump gravitates to weakness. He could have run as a Democrat. But he chose to switch to being Republican because that is where the greatest weakness was.

He also saw the weakness in the tabloid news. They want zaniness, and Trump gives it to them in return for wall-to-wall Trump Talk on every network.

But can he save the country? WHO CARES? The guy is a ratings bonanza! We're talking big ad dollars here.

Newt is right....Trump says something then every news org talks about it like Ebola and then pretends the hype is all grass roots after their many many many many segments, discussions etc etc

This what ole Newt's come to? Begging for attention. What a sad attention-whore. He can go away now. And he can take all his fellow Neocons (Nazis) with him.

Forum List

Back