Bernie Sanders with huge Vermont polling lead

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
I know this was expected but holy shit! 78% to 13% is insane.

If there's one state that should be a slam dunk for Bernie Sanders, Vermont is it. Now there's polling numbers to show that the former mayor of Burlington holds a huuuge lead over Hillary Clinton in his home state. A Vermont Public Radio poll release Monday morning shows Sanders ahead of Clinton 78 percent to 13 percent.

If there's one state that should be a slam dunk for Bernie Sanders, Vermont is it. Now there's polling numbers to show that the former mayor of Burlington holds a huuuge lead over Hillary Clinton in his home state. A Vermont Public Radio poll release Monday morning shows Sanders ahead of Clinton 78 percent to 13 percent.

Nobody knows Bernie as well as Vermonsters do.

Seems to me when you screen somebody you consult those who have the most experience with that subject...

>> Polling conducted in August 2011 by Public Policy Polling found that Sanders's approval rating was 67% and his disapproval rating 28%, making him then the third-most popular senator in the country.[109]

... In 2015 Sanders was named one of the Top 5 of The Forward 50.[111] In a November 2015 Morning Consult poll, Sanders had an approval rating of 83% among his constituents, making him the most popular senator in the country.[112] << --Wiki​

Last edited:
That is good news. But New York could be very interesting. If Hillary cannot take New York she is dine.
Hillary has an average of +30%age points in New York.
Hillary is going to find herself defending from two sides in New York. Bernie AND Trump. Her numbers MAY be solid inside the hard core DNC, BUT will they play well state wide?

That is good news. But New York could be very interesting. If Hillary cannot take New York she is dine.
Hillary has an average of +30%age points in New York.
Hillary is going to find herself defending from two sides in New York. Bernie AND Trump. Her numbers MAY be solid inside the hard core DNC, BUT will they play well state wide?

Rump isn't running for the Democratic nomination, Pinky.

Oh come on, lighten up, it's funny.

12729071_551520965026368_1341359132770516181_n.jpg

And yet it really seems to be irrelevant. Sanders takes the lead at the polls and Hillary remains in the lead with delegates. It will be interesting to see how that plays out.

This is no surprise. Do you recall the Newhart sit com?

Vermont poses a polling challenge that is almost always overlooked.

Pollsters generally use telephone area codes/exchange prefixes to make their dinnertime annoyance calls. This ensures they'll be contacting probable voters in the state at question.

In Vermont, the voting base is distorted by thousands of New Yorkers who have bought up much of rural Vermont (and most of it IS rural) and who have registered to vote there. Some of them legitimately - having abandoned their New York registration despite their living there most of the yer.....but a huge number who simply registered and get to vote twice. Once in New York; once in Vermont.

So you see the potential for distortion.

Or if you don't - "what difference does it make"?

Vermont poses a polling challenge that is almost always overlooked.

Pollsters generally use telephone area codes/exchange prefixes to make their dinnertime annoyance calls. This ensures they'll be contacting probable voters in the state at question.

In Vermont, the voting base is distorted by thousands of New Yorkers who have bought up much of rural Vermont (and most of it IS rural) and who have registered to vote there. Some of them legitimately - having abandoned their New York registration despite their living there most of the yer.....but a huge number who simply registered and get to vote twice. Once in New York; once in Vermont.

So you see the potential for distortion.

Or if you don't - "what difference does it make"?

Nobody "gets to vote twice", Henry.

Link?

Moreover, while Vermont certainly has seen an influx of out-of-state immigrants from New York (and from other states, like myself) -- to carry your theory to its conclusion --- if this is the sentiment expressed by New Yorkers-cum-Vermnosters, Bernie should be leading Hillary by a similar margin in New York, should he not?

Yet hilary will walk away with the super delegates.

This only matters if the trend continues though. Should Hillary win only because of the super delegates, there will be a lot of very pissed off democrats that will likely make her pay in the general. I don't see that as happening. It is interesting that someone can take the primary votes and still lost it though.

Hillary isn't sweating it. She'll take Vermont's Superdelegates.

This only matters if the trend continues though. Should Hillary win only because of the super delegates, there will be a lot of very pissed off democrats that will likely make her pay in the general. I don't see that as happening. It is interesting that someone can take the primary votes and still lost it though.

While I'm no Bernie supporter I'd be pissed at the way things are turning out if I was.
Makes ya wonder if liberals are about to put the hurt on the establishment as well.

While I'm no Bernie supporter I'd be pissed at the way things are turning out if I was.
Makes ya wonder if liberals are about to put the hurt on the establishment as well.
We shall see. The left is far less likely to challenge their party than the right being the side that actually trusts government but if the election is stolen I think it would generate a massive backlash.

if she has any unpledged super delegates, she ALREADY has them, they have nothing at all to do with vermont's primary vote for pledged delegates....

and super delegates can change their minds on who they support up until the convention....not so with delegates that come from voters...

:laugh:, And in SC she will beat his ass 85% 15% WHAT'S YOUR FUCKING POINT????????????????????????:piss2:TROLL

Forum List

Back