Newspaper chain plans 'state-by-state' concealed weapon databases

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
This isn't the sort of thing that you pour money and resources into just for the hell of it. And what will they do with the list once they complete their database? Would make a lovely birthday present for Obama.

Okay, libs. You know the drill. First, attack the source. When we find out it's true, defend it by saying there's nothing wrong with it and people shouldn't mind having their names on a list if they aren't doing anything wrong. Then call us racist for not agreeing with the creepy agenda.

You guys defended the pukes who published the names and addresses of gun owners before. After the list is compliled, then it's time to campaign for the liberal politicians to take action against the gun owners by forcing them to register with the feds and be put on the DHS watch list. We know you guys want to know where all the legal gun owners are. You don't worry about the gangs in cities, but you're all set to come down hard on all the law-abiding people, aren't you?

Newspaper chain plans 'state-by-state' concealed weapon databases | Fox News

I'm sure Holder will rush to the defense of the paper, claiming freedom of speech. Nothing was done when the other paper published the names and addresses of gun owners. Actually, it might have served as a warning to the punks thinking about robbing homes in the area. And it told criminals who wasn't armed. Handy information if you don't want resistance when you do a home invasion.

They don't spell out their reasons, but it is a part of a clear agenda. I wouldn't be surprised if people on the list find themselves facing tax audits and might find themselves on more lists, like the DHS watch list.

The best way to deal with these sorts is to put them out of business. Boycott every business that advertises with them and tell them why.

According to about 99% of the self-proclaimed conservative constitutional geniuses around here,

there is no right to privacy in the Constitution,

but I'm guessing now that tune will change temporarily.

According to about 99% of the self-proclaimed conservative constitutional geniuses around here,

It's one thing to have things be a matter of public record. Quite another to compile a list with a plan in mind to fulfill an agenda. It's why they are doing this that is suspicious.

What if a paper decided to publish a list of welfare recipients? Since taxes pay for that, it should be a matter of public record, right? If anyone tried to do that, lawsuits would quickly follow and there would be allegations of inciting anger toward the recipients. This is no different.

According to a spokesman for Civitas newspapers, there is no ‘plan’ to publish a concealed weapon license ‘database.’

From your own article:

“In news organizations, a variety of ideas routinely are discussed, researched and planned, which may or may not result in published work,” Lawitz said. “Typically we do not publicly comment on internal proprietary communication. However, we have no plans to publish any lists or databases of people’s names on conceal and carry.”

Consequently, you’re a liar, and your OP is a lie, as you have no evidence that such a ‘database’ is actually going to be created and published.

Needless to say you’re going to accuse Civitas newspapers of ‘lying’ when confronted with the email about the ‘database,’ and deny the plan exists; but that still in no way proves or supports your lie that the newspaper has made the final decision to indeed move ahead with the project.

Of course, given the fact you’re a rightwing partisan hack, that you would propagate yet another lie from the right comes as no surprise.

There is in TX law in this case, information on CHL holders is only available to law enforcement.

I'm sure Holder will rush to the defense of the paper, claiming freedom of speech. Nothing was done when the other paper published the names and addresses of gun owners. Actually, it might have served as a warning to the punks thinking about robbing homes in the area. And it told criminals who wasn't armed. Handy information if you don't want resistance when you do a home invasion.

They don't spell out their reasons, but it is a part of a clear agenda. I wouldn't be surprised if people on the list find themselves facing tax audits and might find themselves on more lists, like the DHS watch list.
Why should such information not be made public? And how would not having a concealed carry permit encourage home invasion?

According to a spokesman for Civitas newspapers, there is no ‘plan’ to publish a concealed weapon license ‘database.’

From your own article:

“In news organizations, a variety of ideas routinely are discussed, researched and planned, which may or may not result in published work,” Lawitz said. “Typically we do not publicly comment on internal proprietary communication. However, we have no plans to publish any lists or databases of people’s names on conceal and carry.”

Consequently, you’re a liar, and your OP is a lie, as you have no evidence that such a ‘database’ is actually going to be created and published.

Needless to say you’re going to accuse Civitas newspapers of ‘lying’ when confronted with the email about the ‘database,’ and deny the plan exists; but that still in no way proves or supports your lie that the newspaper has made the final decision to indeed move ahead with the project.

Of course, given the fact you’re a rightwing partisan hack, that you would propagate yet another lie from the right comes as no surprise.

I didn't say they would publish it. They are compiling it and they aren't going through all that for fun. They have reasons. They are creating a database. They simply have no plans to publish it at this time.

Another paper had published names of gun owners and there is the possibility that this one could after they complete the list.

The paper bought up the matter. I'll take them at their word that they will do this and assume that they will offer an update once they decide what to do with the list.

Why should such information not be made public? And how would not having a concealed carry permit encourage home invasion?

Reread comments. I was referring to the other publication that did publish names of gun owners. That list wasn't about concealed carry, just gun owners.

The paper in the OP is compiling a list and haven't decided when/if to publish. I think the first paper that did this provided a valuable service to home invaders and robbers when they let it be known which homes had guns or not.

If you have no problem with this list being made public, how would you feel about a list of all welfare recipients, including their citizenship status, being published? What would be the problem with that since it should be public information?

Is there potential harm when a group with an agenda puts people on a list and makes it public?

Imagine the precedent established when papers can publish names and addresses of groups they disagree with in an effort to gin up public outrage toward those groups.

LOL.

Ms. "I am more bipartisan than you" offers up another gem!

Read the Fourth Amendment, Captain Clueless!

LOL.

Again, learn to read. I know there's a right to privacy in the Constitution.

It's your conservative pals around here who claim otherwise.

LOL.

Again, learn to read. I know there's a right to privacy in the Constitution.

It's your conservative pals around here who claim otherwise.

:lmao:

No you don't. You really stepped in it this time!

Ummmm, it's you lefties who have no problem with the TSA feeling up old women and little girls.

From your own article:

Please, Clayton. Read.
"The newest project "examines the explosion of ‘conceal and carry’ gun permits across the U.S.,” wrote Jim Lawitz, Civitas’ director of content, in an e-mail first obtained by the Buckeye Firearms Association. “Through public records act requests, we will attempt to build state-by-state databases that list those who have the right to carry a concealed weapon.”

Newspaper chain plans 'state-by-state' concealed weapon databases | Fox News

Last edited:
If I understand this correctly, the names and addresses of gun owners will be made public, and by inference, those without will be known? That obviously puts unarmed ones at risk, and those with guns as a target for thieves wanting untraceable weapons. So in all a really f'd up idea.

They need to cross reference those state databases with:

Felony convictions.

Domestic Abuse

Drug Rehabs

Drunk Driving

Mental Illness

Dishonorable Discharge.

Any info in the public domain that we can use to prove how many people illegally possess their fire arms they THINK they legally own.

Forum List

Back