News we missed

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
"An adult at 18? Not any more: Adolescence now ends at 25 to prevent young people getting an inferiority complex

* Child psychologists getting new guidelines about the age range they cover
* The upper age range for adolescence is being increased from 18 to 25
* It is hoped changes will prevent children being 'rushed' through childhood"

An adult at 18 Not any more Adolescence now ends at 25 to prevent young people getting an inferiority complex Daily Mail Online

We don't infantilize minors enough already? Now 24's a "kid?"

"An adult at 18? Not any more: Adolescence now ends at 25 to prevent young people getting an inferiority complex

An adult at 18 Not any more Adolescence now ends at 25 to prevent young people getting an inferiority complex Daily Mail Online

I raised two kids to high school when WTF, the "Baby" came.

So his momma left us and I raised him.

I had learned a lot by then.

I taught him that 11 or so to 25 or so were the stupid years, not to trust a thing he thought, until he thought it through a few times.

He listened, was honor roll in high school, 3.8 in undergraduate school, and about the same in graduate school, where his fishing team just qualified for the nationals.

Can enlist in the military at 17. I know because I did. I don't think sending "adolescents" to war zones is something we'd be ok doing so how the heck this thing came about boggles the mind.

Stupid years extend well beyond age 25. ;) Tea Party comes readily and instantly to mind. :)

I thought it was 26.....when your parents Obamacare stops covering you?

Can enlist in the military at 17. I know because I did. I don't think sending "adolescents" to war zones is something we'd be ok doing so how the heck this thing came about boggles the mind.

Stupid years extend well beyond age 25. ;) Tea Party comes readily and instantly to mind. :)
Grass roots participation must be stamped out ruthlessly, by the IRS if need be.

We cannot have that in a democracy.

Yes....I can see where wanting the government to spend and tax less and to stick to it's Constitutionally listed powers would be offensive to those who were still adolscents.....considering they always act from emotion rather than reason.....so eventually you will out grow it Delta.....just give it time....

Yes....I can see where wanting the government to spend and tax less and to stick to it's Constitutionally listed powers would be offensive to those who were still adolscents.....considering they always act from emotion rather than reason.....so eventually you will out grow it Delta.....just give it time....

I'm on record here for a flat tax of 15%, on record here making fun of the Defense Dept's budget "are we planning on taking over the world?"

Dunno who you're thinking of but it's not me. :)

Forum List

Back