- Mar 3, 2013
- Reaction score
- Left Coast, Classified
I would never hire a college grad under 35 unless I personally knew them.
- Maitland Jones Jr., 84, was fired from New York University after 82 of his 350 students signed a petition against him
- Students claimed course materials for his organic chemistry class were too hard and blamed Jones for their poor test scores
- Jones previously taught at Princeton before moving to a yearly contract teaching at NYU, and later wrote a 1,300-page textbook on the subject he taught
- Jones said he noticed students struggling to reintegrate to in-person classes post-COVID-19 - a decade after he noticed a loss of focus among his students
- Former students and NYU faculty defended Jones, citing poor conduct from students
A New York University professor has been fired after a group of students signed a petition against him suggesting his course was too difficult.