New research shows Antarctic ice sheets retreating as much as 600 metres per day

^^^ :cuckoo:

9cta85W.jpg
Hey, I've got a few seconds and this seems really on topic: why don't you tell us everything you know about Marxism?

New research shows Antarctic ice sheets retreating as much as 600 metres per day​

If that were true, since the Antarctic is about 2,300 miles across, losing 600 meters a day means that at that rate, in 18 years after the start of the melting, that there would be nothing left of the Antarctic.

Unless you can tell me that climate change just started less than 18 years ago and that all that's left of Antarctica is somewhere between a single ice berg to an ice cube, the science calls bullshit on your claim.

And if by 600 meters if you don't mean 300 meters on each side working toward the middle but losing 600 meters from any given point inward as worded, then to satisfy the math you'd need to HALF all the figures above destroying all of Antarctica in just 9 years.

Anthropogenic CO2 is primarily to blame.

Jeopardy

I’ll take Climate change for $78 trillion, Ken

A. This nation emits more than double the amount of the USA CO2, builds a new coal plant every 14 seconds but doesn’t even have to make an effort to reduce their carbon footprint until years after the AGW cult tells us we will all be dead from surpassing climate tipping points

Q. What is China?

Ken: Oh, I’m sorry! The correct answer is “It’s always the USA.” You’re not allowed to mention China because their CO2 is the per capita isotope and has no effect on the climate

Last edited:
If that were true, since the Antarctic is about 2,300 miles across, losing 600 meters a day means that at that rate, in 18 years after the start of the melting, that there would be nothing left of the Antarctic.

Unless you can tell me that climate change just started less than 18 years ago and that all that's left of Antarctica is somewhere between a single ice berg to an ice cube, the science calls bullshit on your claim.

And if by 600 meters if you don't mean 300 meters on each side working toward the middle but losing 600 meters from any given point inward as worded, then to satisfy the math you'd need to HALF all the figures above destroying all of Antarctica in just 9 years.
Read the article/study so you know what you're talking about. That will greatly enhance the conversation.

omigod omigod~~~
Perhaps I misunderstood. I was under the impression that the purpose of this whole forum was the interchange of ideas and information. You put up a graphic that indicates you believe the "root" of "climate hysteria" was Marxism. I thought you might be willing to expand on that comment. For instance, could you explain why you - apparently - feel that the OP is climate hysteria?

Forum List

Back