New presidential rankings place Obama in top 10, Reagan and Trump below Biden

I got through the first page of this 24 page thread (at this time).
I saw these comments:

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Which brings me to an interesting discussion I had this week at the 'beer- pitcher' round after our golf group finished on Tuesday. We have 16 to 24 guys each week...(it varies per personal commitments). We all have golfed together for 6-7 years or more. So we are pretty familiar with the lives of each of us .... to the degree we share.

But what is interesting is that we have a number of Europeans ---Two Brits, an Irishman, two Dutch, and a German, and a handful (5) Canadians. The rest, the remaining half are Americans. And it must be said we are all super-seniors, snowbirds hiding in Sarasota, and, all of us are Caucasian, for whatever role that plays.

But most interesting is the regard for Obama. The foreigners absolutely love him. He is a rock star for the Brits, the German the Nederlanders, and all of the Canadians too. If you put this 'American Presidents' poll up to vote at our 19th Hole table....Obama would walk away with the honors (not that anyone is old enough to remember Abe Lincoln in office)

I find that noteworthy.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lastly, this observation by poster CityGator was.......well, it was funny as hell. In my humble opinion. A hat tip!

The media loved Obama which helps shape the opinion of people who don’t live in the US. Obama is also an excellent orator.

But more to the point. Who cares what Brits or Germans think about the US President. Do you think Brits care what US citizens think of their Prime Minister? Most don't think anything at all and those that do feel one way or another based solely on the limited press coverage they receive here in the States. Do you think our foreign policy regarding England is based on the English Prime Minister's popularity amongst the US population? Why do you assume a US President's popularity in Europe is any more important than a European leader's popularity here? Who cares what Europe thinks. Id be much more interested in what India, and the East thinks they are far more relevant to the future and even the present than Europe.

Or a real woman vs...mike

Yea…tell me about it
Trump married Melania because he liked her penis

1708704423935.jpeg

Who cares what Brits or Germans think about the US President.
Why do you assume a US President's popularity in Europe is any more important than a European leader's popularity here?
Id be much more interested in what India, and the East
------------------------------------------------------

Umm? Potato, you may be over-thinkin' my weekly golf outing with a bunch of old long-retired guys here in Florida..... American, Canadian, Europeans.
BTW, all quite personable and fun to golf with.

But to your other point about 'Who cares?" --- well, I did. So did others at the 19th Hole table. All were involved and participating. Which is a good thing and relatively rare as there are usually a lot of side conversations going on amongst 2-dozen guys at a long table.
But it was an interesting discussion. One that had not been broached before. So when you ask....Who cares? I can answer: My golf buddies cared.
Hope that settles your mind. Don't over-think it.

And then your fretting that India and 'the East' didn't get a say at our table the other day. Would that they could, but......there aren't any of them in our group. They'd be welcome if any approached and wanted to join. Another foursome wouldn't hurt.

And then, your observation about the popularity or unpopularity of European leaders at our 19th Hole beer-table, well........no one brought it up the other day. If they do in future weeks, I'll let you know how it goes.

But, importantly, good poster, Potato....don't overthink it. It's just old-guy golfers making conversation with each other over some Yuengling beers.

Trust me.

------------------------------------------------------

Umm? Potato, you may be over-thinkin' my weekly golf outing with a bunch of old long-retired guys here in Florida..... American, Canadian, Europeans.
BTW, all quite personable and fun to golf with.

But to your other point about 'Who cares?" --- well, I did. So did others at the 19th Hole table. All were involved and participating. Which is a good thing and relatively rare as there are usually a lot of side conversations going on amongst 2-dozen guys at a long table.
But it was an interesting discussion. One that had not been broached before. So when you ask....Who cares? I can answer: My golf buddies cared.
Hope that settles your mind. Don't over-think it.
The question is why? Why do you care if someone from another country likes who the US President is? No offense to your golf buddies but I assume they are educated on US politics and what is good for the US as most Americans are on European politics and what is good for Europe. Given that again why should anyone really care what they think?
And then your fretting that India and 'the East' didn't get a say at our table the other day. Would that they could, but......there aren't any of them in our group. They'd be welcome if any approached and wanted to join. Another foursome wouldn't hurt.
Miss the point more.
And then, your observation about the popularity or unpopularity of European leaders at our 19th Hole beer-table, well........no one brought it up the other day. If they do in future weeks, I'll let you know how it goes.
It doesn't come up because likely they don't care what you think of their leaders nor should they.
But, importantly, good poster, Potato....don't overthink it. It's just old-guy golfers making conversation with each other over some Yuengling beers.

Trust me.

Then what exactly was the point of your post? You're telling everyone what 10-12 random old guys from various countries in Europe think about one particular President means what to us?

why should anyone really care what they think?
Well, for one --- they are my friends.
I often care what my friends think on a whole range of subjects.
----------------------------------------
"...because likely they don't care what you think of their leaders nor should they."

Again, you are over-thinking some old guys playing golf and having a conversation over pitchers of beer at the end of the round.

I share with this venue because it added a perspective that you....maybe others here too ...... may be unaware of. That is.....many in Europe think very highly of our former President. Personally, for me and my avatar, well, it made us proud.

Again, poster Potato, you seem to be over-thinking all this.
Be at peace. The Eurozone guys ain't coming over here to vote.

Well, for one --- they are my friends.
I often care what my friends think on a whole range of subjects.
----------------------------------------

Again, you are over-thinking some old guys playing golf and having a conversation over pitchers of beer at the end of the round.

I share with this venue because it added a perspective that you....maybe others here too ...... may be unaware of. That is.....many in Europe think very highly of our former President. Personally, for me and my avatar, well, it made us proud.

Again, poster Potato, you seem to be over-thinking all this.
Be at peace. The Eurozone guys ain't coming over here to vote.
Ok so basically you’ve relayed an inane story which has no greater point? Is that what you’re saying? Thanks?

"...you’ve relayed an inane story which has no greater point?"
----------------------------------------------------------

Potato, it is not my avatar's intention to discombobulate or frazzle your day. If my avatar has done such....well, that is regrettable.

So let's put that behind us and proceed to the topic of the OP, to wit:

"New presidential rankings place Obama in top 10...."

Accordingly, relaying an anecdotal experience ...clearly ID'd as such.....but relaying a story that illustrates some people's perspective on our former President, Barack Obama, seemed not inappropriate.

Now, if my friends at the Beer-Table would have expressed their admiration for Abraham Lincoln.....AND......the OP headlined Abraham Lincoln, well, I suspect I would have relayed my anecdotal experience about that.

Again, settle down, Potato.
This is internet social media.
You are investing too much of yourself into it.
Be at peace.✌️

----------------------------------------------------------

Potato, it is not my avatar's intention to discombobulate or frazzle your day. If my avatar has done such....well, that is regrettable.

So let's put that behind us and proceed to the topic of the OP, to wit:

"New presidential rankings place Obama in top 10...."

Accordingly, relaying an anecdotal experience ...clearly ID'd as such.....but relaying a story that illustrates some people's perspective on our former President, Barack Obama, seemed not inappropriate.

Now, if my friends at the Beer-Table would have expressed their admiration for Abraham Lincoln.....AND......the OP headlined Abraham Lincoln, well, I suspect I would have relayed my anecdotal experience about that.

Again, settle down, Potato.
This is internet social media.
You are investing too much of yourself into it.
Be at peace.✌️
Here's the problem I have with your now amended story. Why bring up that half of them are European? If you had told the same story and left that part out it would have been ok small sample size, I wouldn't personally put him at #1 but ok, whatever. But you mentioned them being from European countries BECAUSE you think it makes their opinion carry more weight. In fact you never even say what the Americans in the group think.

And why do you think I'm upset? I haven't called you stupid or some other name. Nothing I've posted has been anything other than civil.

Oh, and Obama is in no way the best President we've had in history. He's not top 5. Top quarter probably, somewhere in then 9-12 range I would say. That's only my opinion.

The experts got this wrong, Biden received more black votes than Obama! 81M+. The greatest administration ever!

A bit harsh for Trump no? Last place. No wars, good economy, protected the border, last place?

A new ranking of presidents by a group of self-styled experts determined that Abraham Lincoln is America's greatest president, while Donald Trump ranks last.

Lincoln topped the list of presidents in the 2024 Presidential Greatness Project expert survey for the third time, following his top spot in the rankings in the 2015 and 2018 versions of the survey.

According to a release from the Presidential Greatness Project, the 154 respondents to the survey included "current and recent members of the Presidents & Executive Politics Section of the American Political Science Association, which touts itself as the foremost organization of social science experts in presidential politics, as well as scholars who have recently published peer-reviewed academic research in key related scholarly journals or academic presses."

The respondents were asked to rank presidents on a scale of 0-100, with 0 being a failure, 50 being average, and 100 being great. Rounding out the top five in the rankings were Franklin Delano Roosevelt at number two, George Washington at three, Theodore Roosevelt at four, and Thomas Jefferson at five.

Trump was ranked in last place in the survey, being ranked worse than James Buchanan at 44, Andrew Johnson at 43, Franklin Peirce at 42, and William Henry Harrison at 41.

Respondents were also tracked by their political affiliation and ideology, which the release argues did not "tend to make a major difference overall" in the rankings, though there were some outliers, mainly with recent presidents.
sigghhhh.........you cannot fairly assess an administration until 30 yrs after it is over

liberal historians should be shot to fucking death for doing anything after reagan......again, shot to fucking death

Here's my top 10:

1. Obama
2. Biden
3. Clinton
4. Carter
5. FDR
6. Kennedy
7. Johnson
8. Wilson
9. Buchanan
10. Jackson

giphy.gif

Therein lies the problem. You believed what you were told in government school. Hopefully you learn the error of your ways.

LBJ was awful. The butcher of Vietnam. Like most of our recent presidents, he lied us into a horrendous war. You likely know the number of Americans he had killed in Vietnam, but do you know the number of Vietnamese, Cambodians, and Laotians?

FDR while doing some great things for the people, still caused great harm. No doubt you have no idea what I’m referring to.

I assume you are referring to the recently peddled CATO crap on FDR.
It took them nearly 100 years to pervert the New Deal with whacky theories.
And you fell for them immediately.
You should feel stupid, but do you?

I assume you are referring to the recently peddled CATO crap on FDR.
It took them nearly 100 years to pervert the New Deal with whacky theories.
And you fell for them immediately.
You should feel stupid, but do you?
Nope. Not familiar with it. If you think it’s something recent or obscure, you fucked up again.

Yeah we all know you are a paid shill fir the DNC and Obama is your favorite potus because he is a homosexual same as you and same as you is a pedophile who served the nsa tooting theur horn to spy on Americans so gayboy.No need to advertise it.

Of course, magatards like you can always explain things with conspiracy theories. How do you explain why convicted rapist donald pork ranks worst in history?

1708650842077.png

The experts got this wrong, Biden received more black votes than Obama! 81M+. The greatest administration ever!

A bit harsh for Trump no? Last place. No wars, good economy, protected the border, last place?

A new ranking of presidents by a group of self-styled experts determined that Abraham Lincoln is America's greatest president, while Donald Trump ranks last.

Lincoln topped the list of presidents in the 2024 Presidential Greatness Project expert survey for the third time, following his top spot in the rankings in the 2015 and 2018 versions of the survey.

According to a release from the Presidential Greatness Project, the 154 respondents to the survey included "current and recent members of the Presidents & Executive Politics Section of the American Political Science Association, which touts itself as the foremost organization of social science experts in presidential politics, as well as scholars who have recently published peer-reviewed academic research in key related scholarly journals or academic presses."

The respondents were asked to rank presidents on a scale of 0-100, with 0 being a failure, 50 being average, and 100 being great. Rounding out the top five in the rankings were Franklin Delano Roosevelt at number two, George Washington at three, Theodore Roosevelt at four, and Thomas Jefferson at five.

Trump was ranked in last place in the survey, being ranked worse than James Buchanan at 44, Andrew Johnson at 43, Franklin Peirce at 42, and William Henry Harrison at 41.

Respondents were also tracked by their political affiliation and ideology, which the release argues did not "tend to make a major difference overall" in the rankings, though there were some outliers, mainly with recent presidents.
my Favorite:

Teddy Roosevelt, Franklin Roosevelt, Bill Clinton, Abraham Lincoln, John F. Kennedy, Obama, Biden, Jimmy Carter

Sure, I only like Democrat Presidents. But what I want to know is, which of them has the nicest penis? I'm guessing Michelle Obama.

Forum List

Back