New POLL: 72% of Americans choose saving lives over the health of the U.S. Economy.

What we’re doing is sacrificing the economy for a short amount of time so the hospitals can take care of the sick. If we go back to normal now millions will die and many more will get sick, so that will also be devastating to the economy as well.

Wrong..... millions won't die, the virus will have a hard time killing as many as our worst flu season........ but a Great Depression will cause devestation you guys don't even begin to understand because you can't see beyond today....

So Trump and his task force are liars, right?

No, they are being lied to by and/or misinformed by the morons creating the virus spread models..........the modelers, the "Experts" have already backed down from even the 100,000 deaths number........you know, the one they reduced from the 1 million to 2.5 million deaths they first said would happen........

When this is over, you guys are going to feel real stupid....

So far we have 300k people infected in a short time with social distancing. I can’t believe some of you are still downplaying this.

What we’re doing is sacrificing the economy for a short amount of time so the hospitals can take care of the sick. If we go back to normal now millions will die and many more will get sick, so that will also be devastating to the economy as well.

Wrong..... millions won't die, the virus will have a hard time killing as many as our worst flu season........ but a Great Depression will cause devestation you guys don't even begin to understand because you can't see beyond today....

Trump is being misled. Woefully.

Trump is being misled. Woefully.

Trump should listen to you guys instead of dr. Fauci and dr. Birx. You have me convinced

Trump is an image man. He wants to look good at all costs, and the corporate media is managing this thing like the pro's they are. . . . This is stage craft, just like Russiagate, the Kavanaugh Hearings, and the Impeachment. . .

The virus is akin to the Chicken Pox in it's virulence and mortality, it is being wildly over exaggerated for affect.

From all the science from experts I have have been listing to? This is another nothing burger if you have no other complicating health factors.

So far we have 300k people infected in a short time with social distancing. I can’t believe some of you are still downplaying this.

How many do we have every year with the flu?

Yeah this is spreading much faster than the flu. Are you denying that?

Because it is new......we don't have a ready vaccine...but it is no deadlier than the flu...

Do you understand the destruction to people that will happen if we go into a Great Depression? Do you? How do people buy food with no jobs and no money? For years if not a decade or more?

Do you understand the consequences of that? How many will die because of that? Do you understand or care?

Most Americans are programed by the media, they don't have the ability to do any thinking for themselves.
Fascinating. And how did you come about this magical ability to think for yourself? By the way, parroting the president doesn't count as thinking for yourself.

COVID 19 is already the 3rd highest cause of death in the country. It hasn’t even been here that long. Comparing it to the flu is misguided

New POLL: 72% of Americans choose saving lives over the health of the U.S. Economy.

Americans support drastic efforts to stop coronavirus, expect crisis to last for months in Public Agenda/USA TODAY/Ipsos poll
Joel Shannon, USA TODAY
USA TODAYApril 3, 2020, 4:30 AM EDT

The poll, conducted March 27-30 on behalf of Public Agenda and USA TODAY, surveyed U.S. adults as a part of the Hidden Common Ground initiative, which aims to examine issues that divide America along with potential solutions. The online poll has a credibility interval, akin to a margin of error, of plus or minus 3.5 percentage points.
Americans choose saving lives over the health of the US economy
Clinton is among the majority (72%)of respondents who believe the government's priority should be saving lives by stopping the spread of the virus, as opposed to sparing the economy.

Only about 1 in 5 said the government's main priority should be saving the economy.

So Americans are economically retarded? Shocking. Wait till them bellies start grumbling...that shit will change Quickly....believe me....believe me.

In terms of business, food is a booming business. Grocery Stores are making record profits.
Food is free? When them bellies start grumbling...people are going to start saying 'fuck the sick, i need a job'.

No one is starving. Even the homeless don't starve. Plus government checks, 2 Trillion dollars worth are on the way. The essential services economy is booming and the government is still working. That's more than 50% of the economy right there.
Food pantries are being taxed to the max.

NOTE TO MODS:
Guys like this fuckin Commie are why I bust so many chops on here. This guy is obviously a raving red idiot. How can anyone be expected to exchange in a civil discourse with people like this?

Coronavirus Fact-Check #1: “Covid19 is having an unprecedented impact on ICUs” The media claim this pandemic’s effect on hospitals around the world has never been seen before, but is that true?

This the first of a new on-going series of micro-articles tackling the prevailing, media-generated talking points of on Sars-Cov2 and Covid19.

". . .Those of you who have spent any time debating or discussing the current coronavirus “pandemic” on social media will almost certainly have encountered an argument that goes something like this:
“Coronavirus is nothing like the flu, the seasonal flu doesn’t overwhelm health services like this.”
But is this true? We’ve done some research.

In 2018 hospitals all across the United States were full to capacity with flu patients. Alabama declared a state of emergency. Elective surgeries were cancelled, patients were turned away.

California hospitals were “war zones” where people were treated in hastily erected tents.

The same year ICUs in Milan were “totally overrun” with flu cases.

In December of 2019 the NHS had to implement “emergency temporary beds” in 52% of its hospitals to account for their regular “winter crisis”. Most of those hospitals still had temporary beds operating from the previous winter.

Last November experts were publishing reports warning that the NHS was under too much pressure to deal with the seasonal flu.

The 2009 Swine Flu pandemic turned out to be no worse than a bad flu season in the end, but nevertheless had a huge impact on hospitals across the United States.. . . .
(MORE)"

Coronavirus Fact-Check #1: “Covid19 is having an unprecedented impact on ICUs” The media claim this pandemic’s effect on hospitals around the world has never been seen before, but is that true?

This the first of a new on-going series of micro-articles tackling the prevailing, media-generated talking points of on Sars-Cov2 and Covid19.

". . .Those of you who have spent any time debating or discussing the current coronavirus “pandemic” on social media will almost certainly have encountered an argument that goes something like this:
“Coronavirus is nothing like the flu, the seasonal flu doesn’t overwhelm health services like this.”

In 2018 hospitals all across the United States were full to capacity with flu patients. Alabama declared a state of emergency. Elective surgeries were cancelled, patients were turned away.

California hospitals were “war zones” where people were treated in hastily erected tents.

In December of 2019 the NHS had to implement “emergency temporary beds” in 52% of its hospitals to account for their regular “winter crisis”. Most of those hospitals still had temporary beds operating from the previous winter.

Last November experts were publishing reports warning that the NHS was under too much pressure to deal with the seasonal flu.

The 2009 Swine Flu pandemic turned out to be no worse than a bad flu season in the end, but nevertheless had a huge impact on hospitals across the United States.. . . .
(MORE)"

Thank you.....my brother researched this as well.....he also looked up the worst disease outbreaks in the U.S. and they were all this bad....and we didn't shut down the economy for any of them and they didn't have vaccines either..........

(MORE)"
Oh look at the guy being brainwashed by the media and not thinking for himself....

Americans support drastic efforts to stop coronavirus, expect crisis to last for months in Public Agenda/USA TODAY/Ipsos poll
Joel Shannon, USA TODAY

The poll, conducted March 27-30 on behalf of Public Agenda and USA TODAY, surveyed U.S. adults as a part of the Hidden Common Ground initiative, which aims to examine issues that divide America along with potential solutions. The online poll has a credibility interval, akin to a margin of error, of plus or minus 3.5 percentage points.
Clinton is among the majority (72%)of respondents who believe the government's priority should be saving lives by stopping the spread of the virus, as opposed to sparing the economy.

Only about 1 in 5 said the government's main priority should be saving the economy.

So Americans are economically retarded? Shocking. Wait till them bellies start grumbling...that shit will change Quickly....believe me....believe me.

In terms of business, food is a booming business. Grocery Stores are making record profits.
Food is free? When them bellies start grumbling...people are going to start saying 'fuck the sick, i need a job'.

No one is starving. Even the homeless don't starve. Plus government checks, 2 Trillion dollars worth are on the way. The essential services economy is booming and the government is still working. That's more than 50% of the economy right there.

NOTE TO MODS:
Guys like this fuckin Commie are why I bust so many chops on here. This guy is obviously a raving red idiot. How can anyone be expected to exchange in a civil discourse with people like this?

And if this turns into a Great Depression, how do those asshats think people will get food then? They just don't understand......they are allowing the democrat party and their minions in the press and government to stampede them over a cliff....

COVID 19 is already the 3rd highest cause of death in the country. It hasn’t even been here that long. Comparing it to the flu is misguided

No, it isn't. Are you willing to be jobless for 10 years? How about the 200 people I know that are out of a job right now? How will they live without jobs or money for the next 10 years in a Great Depression? Do you even think about that? Ever lived in a cold state in the middle of winter....with no money? For heat?

Yeah this is spreading much faster than the flu. Are you denying that?

Because it is new......we don't have a ready vaccine...but it is no deadlier than the flu...

Do you understand the destruction to people that will happen if we go into a Great Depression? Do you? How do people buy food with no jobs and no money? For years if not a decade or more?

Do you understand the consequences of that? How many will die because of that? Do you understand or care?

It’s no deadline than the flue because you say so, but as of today it’s 20x more deadly. Believe me I want to get back to a normal economy, but there won’t be a normal economy if people are getting sick and dropping like flies. We are forced to mitigate the virus. We can’t just go back to normal because that’s what you want.

Joel Shannon, USA TODAY

NOTE TO MODS:
. . added to that, of the 2 Trillion, only 250 billion is going to main-street. Most of that bailout is going to the corportions and the banks. Little of it is holding up the poor, middle classes and small businesses.

Forum List

Back