New POLL: 72% of Americans choose saving lives over the health of the U.S. Economy.

So far we have 300k people infected in a short time with social distancing. I can’t believe some of you are still downplaying this.

How many do we have every year with the flu?

Yeah this is spreading much faster than the flu. Are you denying that?

Because it is new......we don't have a ready vaccine...but it is no deadlier than the flu...

Do you understand the destruction to people that will happen if we go into a Great Depression? Do you? How do people buy food with no jobs and no money? For years if not a decade or more?

Do you understand the consequences of that? How many will die because of that? Do you understand or care?

It’s no deadline than the flue because you say so, but as of today it’s 20x more deadly. Believe me I want to get back to a normal economy, but there won’t be a normal economy if people are getting sick and dropping like flies. We are forced to mitigate the virus. We can’t just go back to normal because that’s what you want.

People aren't dropping like flies....people who are over 80 with complications are dying.......and they are vulnerable to the seasonal flu the same way.........

So far we have 300k people infected in a short time with social distancing. I can’t believe some of you are still downplaying this.

Because it is new......we don't have a ready vaccine...but it is no deadlier than the flu...

Do you understand the destruction to people that will happen if we go into a Great Depression? Do you? How do people buy food with no jobs and no money? For years if not a decade or more?

Do you understand the consequences of that? How many will die because of that? Do you understand or care?

It’s no deadline than the flue because you say so, but as of today it’s 20x more deadly. Believe me I want to get back to a normal economy, but there won’t be a normal economy if people are getting sick and dropping like flies. We are forced to mitigate the virus. We can’t just go back to normal because that’s what you want.

Again........how do you pay for food, heat, shelter, healthcare without a job? For years if not a decade? For a virus no more deadly than the flu?

Have you looked up other disease outbreaks in the U.S? You should.......you would see the same level of illness during those outbreaks....but we didn't crush the economy over them...........

People aren't dropping like flies....people who are over 80 with complications are dying.......and they are vulnerable to the seasonal flu the same way.........

theres a lot of people in this country that are not old and still fall into higher risk categories. And I’m not willing to give up on the lives of my parents. I trust the experts that what we’re doing will save lives. You don’t or you don’t care. Let’s just leave it at that.

theres a lot of people in this country that are not old and still fall into higher risk categories. And I’m not willing to give up on the lives of my parents. I trust the experts that what we’re doing will save lives. You don’t or you don’t care. Let’s just leave it at that.

Not saying you have to put them at risk.......we can protect them while we go back to living normally. Those "experts," are wrong more often than they are right...considering the ones who told us about how many people this would kill are stating their models weren't right about the 1-2.5 million and are now backing down on the 100-200 thousand number...........

The other experts....on the economy, are stating that we will lose 1000-4000 people per percentage loss in the economy.........as many people as the virus might kill....and that will be more as the economy stays in a Depression...

Do you care about those old people who die due to the Great Depression?

It isn't just lives from the virus....it will be lives in greater numbers when the economy crashes.

Do you understand that there is a political party that directly benefits if the economy crashes? That the democrats want the economy to crash......and gleefully hoped for it? Do you understand that? And that the ones pushing the panic, fear and hysteria in the media belong to that political party?

.they are literally drooling in anticipation of a Great Depression.....the Crisis they have all been waiting for, praying for to their god "Government...."

The Great Depression years were the high point of Liberalism here in America. They had this guy, FDR, who tried to fix everything. Established unemployment checks, social security, welfare checks, public housing projects and so much more. Didn't cure the economic woes however, the Friday before Japan pulled a Pearl Harbor job on us in Hawaii, we still had double digit unemployment.

Then government spending really kicked in after Pearl Harbor, and the United States turned into a Superpower!

Militarily, yes, America became a superpower within a few years, at a huge, tremendous cost of human life.

But my undisputed point was that FDR's Raw Deal proposals did nothing at all to improve the economy.

But they did, because GDP increased and the unemployment declined prior to December 7, 1941.
GDP was the same in 1941 as it was in 1929.

Coronavirus Fact-Check #1: “Covid19 is having an unprecedented impact on ICUs” The media claim this pandemic’s effect on hospitals around the world has never been seen before, but is that true?

This the first of a new on-going series of micro-articles tackling the prevailing, media-generated talking points of on Sars-Cov2 and Covid19.

". . .Those of you who have spent any time debating or discussing the current coronavirus “pandemic” on social media will almost certainly have encountered an argument that goes something like this:
“Coronavirus is nothing like the flu, the seasonal flu doesn’t overwhelm health services like this.”
But is this true? We’ve done some research.

In 2018 hospitals all across the United States were full to capacity with flu patients. Alabama declared a state of emergency. Elective surgeries were cancelled, patients were turned away.

California hospitals were “war zones” where people were treated in hastily erected tents.

The same year ICUs in Milan were “totally overrun” with flu cases.

In December of 2019 the NHS had to implement “emergency temporary beds” in 52% of its hospitals to account for their regular “winter crisis”. Most of those hospitals still had temporary beds operating from the previous winter.

Last November experts were publishing reports warning that the NHS was under too much pressure to deal with the seasonal flu.

The 2009 Swine Flu pandemic turned out to be no worse than a bad flu season in the end, but nevertheless had a huge impact on hospitals across the United States.. . . .
(MORE)"
Oh look at the guy being brainwashed by the media and not thinking for himself....
The Guardian is MSM. It is littered with MI6 agents.

OffGuardian was founded by former journalists when The Guardian banned commenters that called out lies on the Guardian.

"About Off-Guardian
Comment is free but facts are sacred CP Scott, former editor of the Guardian
OffGuardian was launched in February 2015 and takes its name from the fact its five founders had all been censored on and/or banned from the Guardian’s ‘Comment is Free’ sections.
Our remit, as we see it, is to provide a home for the comment – & the facts – you no longer find in the MSM.
Our editors & admins are based around the globe, in North America, Britain, and Southern and Eastern Europe."
https://off-guardian.org/about

You will note; from SPR (Swiss Propaganda Research) Off Guardian is further from the Nexus of power, than establishment media is than all the sources I EVER see you post from. . . .

I studied Chomsky and Bernays buddy. Sorry if you don't like reality. Trust me on this, 2aguy often does not like what I post either. . . I am the most nonpartisan person on this site. Ask anyone. I'm so non-aligned, most just think I am a conspiracy theorist because they do not grasp, nor understand my deep knowledge of interest group politics, the interlocking directorate, revolving door politics, iron triangles and stake holding interests.

media-navigator.png

This is the site recommended by Assange for unbiased analysis of all western media, check it out sometime, they are doing a stellar job covering the pandemic . . .

https://swprs.org/media-navigator/

How would we know? I haven't seen any figures published on how contagious each disease is.

How would we know? I haven't seen any figures published on how contagious each disease is.

We don't even know the actual death rate because we don't have anti-body testing yet........so nothing they are saying is true or accurate and still, they want the Great Depression.

So.....how will your parents pay for food, heat, shelter, rent? Will that effect their health at all.....when you and your family are also out of work with no money?

Do whatever you like for your parents, but you don't have the right to deny a paycheck to tens of millions of Americans because your parents might get corona virus.

The fact that some people might die is not a sufficient reason to crash the economy. 80,000 people died from the flu last winter. Did we shut down the economy then?

People like you are utterly insane and totally unreasonable. Furthermore, it's almost certain that you have a shutdown proof source of income.

New POLL: 72% of Americans choose saving lives over the health of the U.S. Economy.

Americans support drastic efforts to stop coronavirus, expect crisis to last for months in Public Agenda/USA TODAY/Ipsos poll
Joel Shannon, USA TODAY
USA TODAYApril 3, 2020, 4:30 AM EDT

The poll, conducted March 27-30 on behalf of Public Agenda and USA TODAY, surveyed U.S. adults as a part of the Hidden Common Ground initiative, which aims to examine issues that divide America along with potential solutions. The online poll has a credibility interval, akin to a margin of error, of plus or minus 3.5 percentage points.
Americans choose saving lives over the health of the US economy
Clinton is among the majority (72%)of respondents who believe the government's priority should be saving lives by stopping the spread of the virus, as opposed to sparing the economy.

Only about 1 in 5 said the government's main priority should be saving the economy.

Duh but this is lives vs. lives not lives vs. $$$

People without business acumen do not understand that. Aka you.

The fact that some people might die is not a sufficient reason to crash the economy. 80,000 people died from the flu last winter. Did we shut down the economy then?

People like you are utterly insane and totally unreasonable. Furthermore, it's almost certain that you have a shutdown proof source of income.
40k die in car crashes. We don't stop driving...

Americans support drastic efforts to stop coronavirus, expect crisis to last for months in Public Agenda/USA TODAY/Ipsos poll
Joel Shannon, USA TODAY
USA TODAYApril 3, 2020, 4:30 AM EDT

The poll, conducted March 27-30 on behalf of Public Agenda and USA TODAY, surveyed U.S. adults as a part of the Hidden Common Ground initiative, which aims to examine issues that divide America along with potential solutions. The online poll has a credibility interval, akin to a margin of error, of plus or minus 3.5 percentage points.
Americans choose saving lives over the health of the US economy
Clinton is among the majority (72%)of respondents who believe the government's priority should be saving lives by stopping the spread of the virus, as opposed to sparing the economy.

Only about 1 in 5 said the government's main priority should be saving the economy.

What a joke. But they don't care when 3000 babies are aborted daily.

Do whatever you like for your parents, but you don't have the right to deny a paycheck to tens of millions of Americans because your parents might get corona virus.

Whom am I denying a paycheck to? I simply agree with the government and the experts on their recommended guidelines. Do I have to share the same opinion as yours, otherwise I’m denying checks to people?

like I said - stupid shits want this damn virus over, but they refuse to do anything about it.

quit whining

It shows how terribly governed by emotions America’s have become
85-90% of the decedents had at least one other condition that was most likely going to take their life shortly and 85-90 of the deceased were also 65+ in age.

Fear is a strong emotion and liberals have been practicing the spread of it for 4 years. Can’t scare people into hiding over Orange Man Bad but can over Red Virus bad.

Liberals adamantly stating that their rights to remain contaigent free overtake centuries old right of assembly and worship. All to insure that Their selfish ass does not get a flu virus.
It’s going to be very different when the doors open back up and no one is inside nor coming in. Libbies will look back at the waste America has become and grin like a 6 year old because “That is what was necessary to keep ME healthy”

Last edited:
Do these people think letting the economy crash will have no negative impact or cost lives just curious if they consider that. It's rather sad that we have become such an either or society and that we now believe we can't try and accomplish both keeping people safe and saving the economy.

It's not going to crash. The next two stimulus packages will be half a trillion in direct payments to people, and universal health care.

And not one dime for corporations or tax cuts of any kind.

I just hope Trumkinland will be able to cope with the fact non whites will be getting money from the government.

Of course my challenge to all of them about becoming Maga Martyrs, and sacrificing themselves for the cause is still open.
Unemployment + 600 only lasts for awhile. They'll figure it out.

Forum List

Back