New Paid Holiday

No. If you think too many people are voting that's un-american, not a different view of what America should be.

Sorry for your fascism
I’m not sorry at all. The America you’re wishing for has FAILED. It didn’t work. Hell, it didn’t even last 75 years. Whst I’m talking about is the means to correct what’s wrong with this country and turn us back into the last hope for human decency in this world.
Lol, so you wanna go all the way back to like 1850?

On Friday afternoon my employer, a major multi-national gas and electric utility compan, made an announcement...

All Management and Represented Employees in the US will now receive an eleventh Paid Holiday... Juneteenth.

How many of you have had your employers do the same? Is this Woke-ass decision being made across the country?
Let's see how many of you right wing, racist come to work on that day or will you be at home with the grill going and a cooler full of beer.

On Friday afternoon my employer, a major multi-national gas and electric utility compan, made an announcement...

All Management and Represented Employees in the US will now receive an eleventh Paid Holiday... Juneteenth.

How many of you have had your employers do the same? Is this Woke-ass decision being made across the country?
I don't think so. It's supposed to be Black Independence day. It's a day they set aside to hate the political party that voted to free them from slavery.
So why is it that the same party fights so hard to keep up the statues and monuments of the very enemy they fought against?

I don't think so. It's supposed to be Black Independence day. It's a day they set aside to hate the political party that voted to free them from slavery
It’s Emancipation Day. I still can’t figure out why the company is doing this. I mean, we’re becoming a Woke-ass company (our Pride Month activities are numerous) but this is over the top.
Why don't you refuse the holiday? Tell your boss you will work, that you don't want the day off. I'm sure your boss will be okay with that
That’s sort of whst I’m going to do...

It’s a Saturday this year, so I’ll just get the 8 hours of pay on a day I’m already off. I’ll do the same next year when it falls on a Sunday. In 2023 I can “defer” the holiday, work the day, and get 8 hours of time off to use whenever I want later in the year.
So in other words are you are going to get the day off.

I don't think so. It's supposed to be Black Independence day. It's a day they set aside to hate the political party that voted to free them from slavery.
So why is it that the same party fights so hard to keep up the statues and monuments of the very enemy they fought against?
I'm not fighting jack shit.
You folks want to erase history....then you're doomed to repeat it.
I say go find a country you want to live in and leave ours the fuck alone.
I don't get into the Johnny Reb BS any more than you do.
I just don't believe in acting like it never happened.

Hmmm, statues and monuments are in place to honor folks. Germans don't have statues of Hitler, they don't fly Nazi flags why is that? Because it is not erasing history, it is not honoring folks who don't deserve to be honored. How does this country belong to you more than anyone else? Why should I have to go anywhere because you don't agree with me. I am a disabled veteran, I believe I have paid the cost and my family/ancestors have shed enough of their blood and sweat for us to claim this country ours just like you do.

Hmmm, statues and monuments are in place to honor folks. Germans don't have statues of Hitler, they don't fly Nazi flags why is that? Because it is not erasing history, it is not honoring folks who don't deserve to be honored. How does this country belong to you more than anyone else? Why should I have to go anywhere because you don't agree with me. I am a disabled veteran, I believe I have paid the cost and my family/ancestors have shed enough of their blood and sweat for us to claim this country ours just like you do.
What was your branch...rating....MOS?

Course in retort....what gives you the right to say that we cannot honor dead Americans?
Why is it whenever you don't like someone you compare them to Hitler?
Hitler was a totally different level of evil.
The problem with the Civil War is some folks didn't want to go along with the Republican party. They were Democrats who knew that their farms would waste away if they didn't have anyone to work the fields. The North was industrialized and the South was an Agrarian society.

I need to know what your job classification was in the military....or I'll just assume you were a cook or a shopkeeper who got too fat and out of shape to stay in.

I don't think so. It's supposed to be Black Independence day. It's a day they set aside to hate the political party that voted to free them from slavery
It’s Emancipation Day. I still can’t figure out why the company is doing this. I mean, we’re becoming a Woke-ass company (our Pride Month activities are numerous) but this is over the top.
Why don't you refuse the holiday? Tell your boss you will work, that you don't want the day off. I'm sure your boss will be okay with that
That’s sort of whst I’m going to do...

It’s a Saturday this year, so I’ll just get the 8 hours of pay on a day I’m already off. I’ll do the same next year when it falls on a Sunday. In 2023 I can “defer” the holiday, work the day, and get 8 hours of time off to use whenever I want later in the year.
Juneteenth is not emancipation day. It is mumbo jumbo day. Juneteenth is the day that a messenger arrived to tell Texas that the war was over and black slaves were freed. There is little meaning outside of Texas.

t my sister's work, employees gets to pick as a group their "floating holidays" each year-- so called because they decide which ones they get in addition to Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Christmas and New Years. I cannot recall if they get to pick 2 or 3 others, but MLK is always one of them chosen
We have something similar. There are 10 defined holidays for each group. In my Union Local we get:

New Year's Day, President’s Day, Patriots Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.

We also get two “floating holidays” that we can use at any time during the year (just like vacation). This is to compensate for Columbus Day and Birthday Holiday that the Union gave up back in the 1980s.

As I said before, thst list of ten days varies by Union Local and Management location. One Union has Victory Day (August) rather than Patriots Day. Four others get the Day after Thanksgiving instead. Our Management team gets MLK Day and Columbus Day but not Christmas Eve or that variable day.

it’s a total shit show that nobody understands why they haven’t standardized.

To me, that sort of system just creates trouble. Just decide the holidays schedule and be done with it. Another business in the same building as my work does weird crap so people never know when they are going to be off and when they are going to be having a closed to the public secret work day on monday holidays. In addition, sometimes they have "mandatory vacation day" when it suits the owners. They had one on Memorial Day since it was on the weekend where they had a paid holiday one day and had to burn a vacation day on the other for the owners' convenience as they were going out of town. They will have another "mandatory vacation day" for the same reason at the 4th of July.

No. If you think too many people are voting that's un-american, not a different view of what America should be.

Sorry for your fascism
I’m not sorry at all. The America you’re wishing for has FAILED. It didn’t work. Hell, it didn’t even last 75 years. Whst I’m talking about is the means to correct what’s wrong with this country and turn us back into the last hope for human decency in this world.
Strange how the left seems to have to go back 100yrs to find a bone to pick.
They can't find anything today that fits into their 'scary white dudes' scam.

Let's see how many of you right wing, racist come to work on that day or will you be at home with the grill going and a cooler full of beer
It’s a Saturday, so I’ll be home like I am every Saturday. The only difference is that I’ll get 8 hours of pay that Saturday.

That is very good news.

You should be happy as opposed to being a maga knuckle dragging fuckup.

Well, that's because that party decided to take in all those dixiecrats and become a racist white party.

Simple.

Sorry for your fascism
Strange how the left seems to have to go back 100yrs to find a bone to pick.
They can't find anything today that fits into their 'scary white dudes' scam.
210602-megan-montgomery-ew-1254p.jpg

She's dead from a white dude.

To me, that sort of system just creates trouble. Just decide the holidays schedule and be done with it
The holidays stay the same year to year but they can change from office to office. I was temporarily assigned to a Rhode Island office one summer and showed up one day in mid-August to find almost nobody there it was Victory Day. I had the office to myself for the day. Likewise a RI engineer sat in our Massachusetts based office the Day after Thanksgiving because we had it off and they don’t.

Forum List

Back