New Guy on the Blog

jonttodd

Rookie
Aug 27, 2021
I am a military history and strategy buff, strictly amateur. I've never served. I am in my 60's, single, and live in Washington State. I wanted to someplace to discuss military topics. I won't post often. I mostly will ask questions and listen. I'm new to the internet. I don't even know what "thread" in this context means. Just "Topic" or is it more specific than that?

I am a military history and strategy buff, strictly amateur. I've never served. I am in my 60's, single, and live in Washington State. I wanted to someplace to discuss military topics. I won't post often. I mostly will ask questions and listen. I'm new to the internet. I don't even know what "thread" in this context means. Just "Topic" or is it more specific than that?
Welcome, also a military history buff, mainly WWII but also the U.S. Civil War and the Roman Empire.

A "thread" is an original post with all of its replies. Feel free to post about anything you like, you're not on a pitch count.

Curious, what are some of your favorite reads on WWII? Who are some of your favorite authors? Is there any first person account of WWII that stands out to you?

What you made here is a "thread". It can also be considered the "OP" (Opening Post). YOU can also be considered the "OP" (Opening Poster). . Just giving you the basics so you arent too confused when these terms come up.

The "Topic" of a thread can be anything you want it to be, but you need to put threads in their proper place. There is a "Military" section at USMB, though if a current topic about the military came up in the news, you can post that in "Current Events" or the "Clean Deate Zone" (AKA the "GDZ").

Im in Washington State too by the way. Im a former Navy Airman who worked on F/A-18's.

You just get out of the joint or somethin?

Welcome to usmb, Jonttodd. Hope you enjoy the boards and that we appreciate honesty always.

jonttodd :welcome:

1630097940305.png

Welcome to USMB New Guy! You will find a lot of different topics and many interesting conversations. Just target topics, learn posters MO’s (obvious usually), and steer your course to avoid unnecessary damage to your craft! Enjoy:)

Be happy you just discovered the net. You haven't wasted any of your life the last 30 yrs....lololol

You've never posted in a place like this right. HMMMMMM...... I hope you stay and don't leave a very very confused train wreck...lol

Not everyone stays here......lolol

If you don't have thick skin you'll be eaten alive.....IMAGINE...............He has never posted on a board, less this one...lolol....May not be the best choice. Maybe a gardening site to get the hang of it first

Put him in the Flame Zone for one day and we'll see what he's made of

Welcome, also a military history buff, mainly WWII but also the U.S. Civil War and the Roman Empire.

A "thread" is an original post with all of its replies. Feel free to post about anything you like, you're not on a pitch count.

Curious, what are some of your favorite reads on WWII? Who are some of your favorite authors? Is there any first person account of WWII that stands out to you?
Know anything about Post Roman?

How about starting out with a 'strategy' for US forces in Kabul that could save a very insecure situation in which ISIS has the ability to strike with impunity?
Will they be able to pull off a S.A.M. attack? Would the Taliban help to prevent them?

Forum List

Back